Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post

Also you shouldn't dismiss the read option. It's what I predicted the wild cat would turn into a few years ago. The difference between the two is monumental. You have actual Qbs than can throw the ball. As oppose to the wildcat that uses a throw here of there to try and keep defenses honest, the read option could be a passing play on every play because the passes still has the ball. You cannot fly up to the line of scrimmage
    i get what you are saying but in the end I still think that the Achilles heel to the read option is the hits the QB is going to be exposed to and when the top QB's command as much as they do, it's just too big of a risk to put them into that position and if they get KO'd for the season the team has too many salary dollars sitting on the sideline.

Now, if they continue down the current path and get to the point where it actually is touch football you might be onto something lol.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm in a good discussion a FB with a guy who says our fan base doesn't have bad feelings or isn't pessimistic.

I hear ya though but really, things didn't just come together last year. We had to rely on all phases of the game to win at some point or another and yes, even our QB pulled us through a few times.

In the end, you could be right, but I'm still going with 12-4. Maybe even 13-3 if I switch the steelers game.
    Well maybe I'm not being pessimistic, more like realistic. I would love to say we are going to go 12-4 and win a couple playoff games, but I just don't see it happening with our QB situation. I so badly want Ponder to be just above average because I love our O line and our defense should be solid. But teams ain't sh!t in this league without a QB that is above average and we just don't have that....yet.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234