Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    I just got to 9-7

gonna drink some purple kool-aid and try again soon
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Wilson had a good rookie year. I am going to hold out until I see that the norm and not an anomaly but yeah, he might be a gem. He was no sure thing or he would have been gone earlier.
    Everybody was all over Sanchez when he first came out, then they really looked at his numbers and figured out it was the defense, OL and running game. Then we moved on to guys like Newton. Anyone talking about him lately other than his HC trying to keep his job?

Nope, lets see what all the glory boys do this year before we anoint them as anything other than a new style of QB that gets figured out by the next season.

On a side note, anyone see how certain teams are lobbying for better protection for their running QB's?

Redskins Ask Referees How to Better Protect RGIII CBS DC

In short, "Read Option" see "Wildcat". Nothing but a fad that will be exciting for the fans but won't ever evolve into anything.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    I just got to 9-7

gonna drink some purple kool-aid and try again soon
    When I drink the cool-aid I get a 13-3 record.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Marrdro, I would LOVE to see a 12-4 record by the Vikings - really like your optimism! I'm thinking the Vikings will likely lose on the road to some very good Giants, Packers, and Bengals teams, and I will predict a 9-7 record for the Vikings in 2013. I agree that Ponder will improve toward a 90 QB rating, making him a middle-of-the road QB. The future is bright for the Vikings, but I think one more year of roster upgrading will make us a long-term playoff contender. Let's hope you're right and I'm wrong! SKOL VIKINGS from central Wisconsin!

Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    Marrdro, I would LOVE to see a 12-4 record by the Vikings - really like your optimism! I'm thinking the Vikings will likely lose on the road to some very good Giants, Packers, and Bengals teams, and I will predict a 9-7 record for the Vikings in 2013. I agree that Ponder will improve toward a 90 QB rating, making him a middle-of-the road QB. The future is bright for the Vikings, but I think one more year of roster upgrading will make us a long-term playoff contender. Let's hope you're right and I'm wrong! SKOL VIKINGS from central Wisconsin!
    Giants and Bengals are going to be tough, I just don't see the Packer thing even before they had injuries on the OL and WR spots.

Great input though.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Schedule Breakdown (Wins - Losses)

It all comes down to injuries. If we have a few key players go down then 9-7 is probably right. If we get lucky and stay healthy all year we will be able to gang with anyone. The Giants will have a down year. 3rd in the NFCE.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    .....lets see what all the glory boys do this year before we anoint them as anything other than a new style of QB that gets figured out by the next season.
    Apparently teams figured out Ponder in his first year..

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    I don't know about you all, but I'm going 15-1, with one loss to the Packer's at Lambeau. Come on guys, there is no trophy for "being right", but it's much more fun to be blatantly optimistic.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    The thing that sux about the schedule is that the Vikings 2nd home game at the dome doesn't even occur until mid-October.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Everybody was all over Sanchez when he first came out, then they really looked at his numbers and figured out it was the defense, OL and running game. Then we moved on to guys like Newton. Anyone talking about him lately other than his HC trying to keep his job?

Nope, lets see what all the glory boys do this year before we anoint them as anything other than a new style of QB that gets figured out by the next season.

On a side note, anyone see how certain teams are lobbying for better protection for their running QB's?

Redskins Ask Referees How to Better Protect RGIII CBS DC

In short, "Read Option" see "Wildcat". Nothing but a fad that will be exciting for the fans but won't ever evolve into anything.
    To be fair.... Those guys fell from glory because their teams fell apart.

Sanchez - Defense became thrash, WR corps became thrash, Running game became thrash.

Newton - Running game died (except week 17), WR corps died minus Smith, Defense died

None of these guys are playing with our defense and the best player in the NFL. Could you imagine Cam with peterson. Defenses would cringe.

Also you shouldn't dismiss the read option. It's what I predicted the wild cat would turn into a few years ago. The difference between the two is monumental. You have actual Qbs than can throw the ball. As oppose to the wildcat that uses a throw here of there to try and keep defenses honest, the read option could be a passing play on every play because the passes still has the ball. You cannot fly up to the line of scrimmage
    Last edited by kevoncox; 08-10-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast