Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Re: Schaub claims Jared Allen took a cheap shot - plays sent to NFL for review

"V4L" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    That is what I like to see out of my DE's. 100 miles an hour do your job. I dont want you stopping to think about anything he is a piece of meat and you are a predator.

Thats your life Schaub, and as much as the NFL tries to protect you and promote a high flying pass oriented product in order to rake in ungodly ammounts of money from the lemings, you are now and always will be a piece of meat.

I cant say I am sorry the inside of your leg looks like hamburger, and no if it happened to my QB I wouldnt call it cheap I would call it a DE doing his job.

I agree with this

I guess I wouldn't call it dirty I would just call it against the rules

And do you think the NFL is getting away from what made the NFL the NFL?

It's gonna turn into a game of chess soon
    I think the NFL is doing what it was created to do which is make money. By tailoring the rules to promote deep passes and explosve offenses it is like seasoning a steak. A cherry on top of an ice cream. The game alone is amazing, to make it so you cant leave your couch because you might miss a 85 yard bomb is brilliant.

I'm not a fan and I enjoy seeing hard hits, attitude, and most importantly effort. I like watching Hines Ward a WR knock the snot out of a guy who is not paying attention and going 50%. I like Jared Allen fighting to get to the QB with the intent of dismembering him. That is what I experienced playing ball, that is what I like in football. So I agree it is against the rules and I enjoy he does it anyways. If he wasnt already making 700 billion trillion dollars I would suggest we pay for his fine.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    That is what I like to see out of my DE's. 100 miles an hour do your job. I dont want you stopping to think about anything he is a piece of meat and you are a predator.

Thats your life Schaub, and as much as the NFL tries to protect you and promote a high flying pass oriented product in order to rake in ungodly ammounts of money from the lemings, you are now and always will be a piece of meat.

I cant say I am sorry the inside of your leg looks like hamburger, and no if it happened to my QB I wouldnt call it cheap I would call it a DE doing his job.

I agree with this

I guess I wouldn't call it dirty I would just call it against the rules

And do you think the NFL is getting away from what made the NFL the NFL?

It's gonna turn into a game of chess soon
    I think the NFL is doing what it was created to do which is make money. By tailoring the rules to promote deep passes and explosve offenses it is like seasoning a steak. A cherry on top of an ice cream. The game alone is amazing, to make it so you cant leave your couch because you might miss a 85 yard bomb is brilliant.

I'm not a fan and I enjoy seeing hard hits, attitude, and most importantly effort. I like watching Hines Ward a WR knock the snot out of a guy who is not paying attention and going 50%. I like Jared Allen fighting to get to the QB with the intent of dismembering him. That is what I experienced playing ball, that is what I like in football. So I agree it is against the rules and I enjoy he does it anyways. If he wasnt already making 700 billion trillion dollars I would suggest we pay for his fine.

Agreed 100 percent

I watched clips of older QBs getting demolished and no flags thrown.. And the QBs got up and didn't complain

I remember growing up and seeing the game slowly turn into what it is now and all the flags being thrown and more rules being incorporated

U should post more my friend

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It's a tough sport, if you don't like it then get out of the game. Those were down to Allen playing a full speed, maybe if the Texans LT played better then they wouldn't have happened.
    This rate the league will be putting players back to flag football
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

The fine was a big one.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

The NFL just announced that defensive end Jared Allen was fined $50,000 for “two plays considered roughing the passer,” according to an NFL spokesman.

“In both instances, he struck the opposing quarterback below the knee area,” a spokesperson said in an email.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

So lame.
    This really is turning into a pansy sport.
    Just let the boys play.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    The fine was a big one.

The NFL just announced that defensive end Jared Allen was fined $50,000 for “two plays considered roughing the passer,” according to an NFL spokesman.

“In both instances, he struck the opposing quarterback below the knee area,” a spokesperson said in an email.
    Wow imagine what the fine might have been if it had been a half-decent QB Allen was going after
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    The fine was a big one.

Wow imagine what the fine might have been if it had been a half-decent QB Allen was going after
    ;D
    Ouch, seems pretty severe.
    Doubt it will slow him down any though.

V4L

WOWWWW

I was thinkin like 10 G maybe

Thats insane

Are they really that straped for cash?

V4L

I gotta think they are trying to send a message to players

There is no way that those two borderline dirty hits were worth 50 G

I could see if he put his helmet to his knee.. But he just dove at his legs.. yes I know thats illegal but 50 G? Gotta be sendin a message no doubt

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

New NFL uniform for QB's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast