Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Say what you like But Tarvais Jackson WINS

    OK, halfway through re-watching the game, and I have noticed something.

    TJ and our offense actually looked pretty good.

    I know, I know, it was a sloppy game with 4 turnovers, all credited to TJ.
    But to be honest, he was putting together some pretty good drives, just failing to complete them.
    Especially on the TJ/AD fumble - the was a beautiful drive until the turnover.

    I was disappointed in TJ and our offense last night when I was at the game.
    But now that I re-watch it, it looks more to me like we had a few players make mistakes (TJ, AD, Fergie) and the Bears were able to capitalize on them every time.
    But the truth of the NFL is that players make mistakes every game - but it is rare that the opposing defense is able or lucky enough to take advantage of every single one of them.
    Usually 1 in 4 or 5 mistakes results in a big play for the opposing team.
    So far in the first half I have counted 6 mistakes, and the Bears have gotten something out of it every single time.

    I am going to watch the second half now.
    I'll let you know how my theory holds up.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Say what you like But Tarvais Jackson WINS


    What I looked for in the game last night was when things weren't going well did TJ keep fighting? Could he lead the team in a 4th QTR comeback? Guess what? He did, although Brooks handed the ball to AD, and converted the 2 point try, it was Tarvaris that brought us down the field and put us in position to win. On the play he cramped up he threw the ball away as he knew we were in field goal range. These things tell me that T-Jack is a fighter and growing into a fine leader for this team.

  3. #23
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: Say what you like But Tarvais Jackson WINS

    This team is constantly winning...I understand why the media is negative, but I cant believe you as fans buy into their bs. Jackson has obviously gotten better as the weeks have went on...look at the QB rating, look at 250 yds last night...he had a bad couple of plays because he was nervous because of his first nationally televised game. It shows that some idiots buy into that media double standard....Jackson throws 3 picks (2 of which were his fault) and the media grills him saying he's young and dumb and that the Purple needs a new QB, Romo throws 3 picks and he just had a bad game and apparently it wasnt even his fault-it was Jessica Simpsons! Cmon guys, he had a bad game...big deal, he'll bounce back.

    A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

  4. #24
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Say what you like But Tarvais Jackson WINS

    "audioghost" wrote:
    This team is constantly winning...I understand why the media is negative, but I cant believe you as fans buy into their bs. Jackson has obviously gotten better as the weeks have went on...look at the QB rating, look at 250 yds last night...he had a bad couple of plays because he was nervous because of his first nationally televised game. It shows that some idiots buy into that media double standard....Jackson throws 3 picks (2 of which were his fault) and the media grills him saying he's young and dumb and that the Purple needs a new QB, Romo throws 3 picks and he just had a bad game and apparently it wasnt even his fault-it was Jessica Simpsons! Cmon guys, he had a bad game...big deal, he'll bounce back.
    I'm not bashing T-Jack, I still think he can prove someday he can win a game passing the ball instead of complementing the run.
    But why didn't they jump on Tony Romo?
    Because he's going to the pro-bowl, because he's had a great season for 2 years.
    I've gotten away from putting down T-Jack so much, so please people don't bring in people like Romo who have for the most part proven what they can do.


    Romo this year
    101.1 QB Rating, 3800 yards, 35Tds and 17Ints with a 65% completion rating
    Rookie year for that matter
    95 QB Rating, 2900 yards, 19Tds, and 13Ints with a 65% completion rating

    Romo has earned bad games, T-Jack hasn't quite got to Romo's level yet.

  5. #25
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,525

    Re: Say what you like But Tarvais Jackson WINS

    "audioghost" wrote:
    This team is constantly winning...I understand why the media is negative, but I cant believe you as fans buy into their bs. Jackson has obviously gotten better as the weeks have went on...look at the QB rating, look at 250 yds last night...he had a bad couple of plays because he was nervous because of his first nationally televised game. It shows that some idiots buy into that media double standard....Jackson throws 3 picks (2 of which were his fault) and the media grills him saying he's young and dumb and that the Purple needs a new QB, Romo throws 3 picks and he just had a bad game and apparently it wasnt even his fault-it was Jessica Simpsons! Cmon guys, he had a bad game...big deal, he'll bounce back.
    Hell yes!!! You need to post more often. I like your thinkin!!!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Say what you like But Tarvais Jackson WINS

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Does anyone know what his QB rating was last night? I believe that is the most yards he has thrown for in his career.
    His QB rating was 50.0 due to the turnovers. He passed for 249 yards which is the highest & only the 3rd time he has broken the 200 yard mark. He had 204 against the Lions 2 weeks ago & 214 against the Rams to end the season last year.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Say what you like But Tarvais Jackson WINS

    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Does anyone know what his QB rating was last night? I believe that is the most yards he has thrown for in his career.
    His QB rating was 50.0 due to the turnovers. He passed for 249 yards which is the highest & only the 3rd time he has broken the 200 yard mark. He had 204 against the Lions 2 weeks ago & 214 against the Rams to end the season last year.
    Thanks Singer. I found it a bit earlier and posted it in the "Will TJ Ever Improve" thread. What I found interesting is that in the last four games his QB rating has dropped each game.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  8. #28
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Say what you like But Tarvais Jackson WINS

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Does anyone know what his QB rating was last night? I believe that is the most yards he has thrown for in his career.
    His QB rating was 50.0 due to the turnovers. He passed for 249 yards which is the highest & only the 3rd time he has broken the 200 yard mark. He had 204 against the Lions 2 weeks ago & 214 against the Rams to end the season last year.
    Thanks Singer. I found it a bit earlier and posted it in the "Will TJ Ever Improve" thread. What I found interesting is that in the last four games his QB rating has dropped each game.
    He's just trying to keep a low profile & not draw to much attention before the playoffs.

    It's all part of the master plan.
    :P

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #29
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: Say what you like But Tarvais Jackson WINS

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    This team is constantly winning...I understand why the media is negative, but I cant believe you as fans buy into their bs. Jackson has obviously gotten better as the weeks have went on...look at the QB rating, look at 250 yds last night...he had a bad couple of plays because he was nervous because of his first nationally televised game. It shows that some idiots buy into that media double standard....Jackson throws 3 picks (2 of which were his fault) and the media grills him saying he's young and dumb and that the Purple needs a new QB, Romo throws 3 picks and he just had a bad game and apparently it wasnt even his fault-it was Jessica Simpsons! Cmon guys, he had a bad game...big deal, he'll bounce back.
    I'm not bashing T-Jack, I still think he can prove someday he can win a game passing the ball instead of complementing the run.
    But why didn't they jump on Tony Romo?
    Because he's going to the pro-bowl, because he's had a great season for 2 years.
    I've gotten away from putting down T-Jack so much, so please people don't bring in people like Romo who have for the most part proven what they can do.


    Romo this year
    101.1 QB Rating, 3800 yards, 35Tds and 17Ints with a 65% completion rating
    Rookie year for that matter
    95 QB Rating, 2900 yards, 19Tds, and 13Ints with a 65% completion rating

    Romo has earned bad games, T-Jack hasn't quite got to Romo's level yet.

    I'm sure Romo's job is hard:

    #1 WR - T.O. = future hall of famer...#2 in every stat in the league right now
    #2 WR last yr - Glenn = Savvy veteran, like a McCardell or a Galloway...knows the intracacies of the position
    #2 WR this yr - Crayton = Everyone considers him an up and comer
    #1 TE - Witten = Pro Bowler...year...after year...after year

    T-Jack has

    #1 WR - Rice = inexperienced rookie
    #2 WR - Wade = journeyman that no one wanted
    #1 TE - Shiancoe = career backup

    Gimme a break...Romo is the media's creation...he's good, but should not be above critisism...he's no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning....for all we know he could be another flash in the pan doosh that had a couple years because of the weapons around him like Kurt Warner or Rick Mirer or Jeff Garcia

    LOOK, Jackson is scrutinized like he needs to be PERFECT...nobody's perfect...and if you're gonna rip on Jackson, rip on Romo...because if Romo's so great, he's the dude that should be getting critisized more because all things considered: 'he knows better'...Jackson doesn't...he's taking the Vikings through the season much like Big Ben took the Steelers thru the season his 1st year as starter...and look at Big Ben (Pro Bowler)...

    A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Say what you like But Tarvais Jackson WINS

    "audioghost" wrote:

    I'm sure Romo's job is hard:

    #1 WR - T.O. = future hall of famer...#2 in every stat in the league right now
    No he isn't. Check the receiving stats yourself.


    http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats.html

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where does 5 wins put us?
    By battleaxe4cheese in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 06:01 PM
  2. Mr. Woo Wins in Court
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 10:03 PM
  3. OSU Wins!!!
    By ultravikingfan in forum College Ball
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 04:33 PM
  4. The Cajun QB wins!!!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 12:31 AM
  5. NC Wins
    By ChiTownVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 03:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •