Sanford makes good on 2nd chance

Vikings safety Jamarca Sanford makes good on second chance

Vikings safety Jamarca Sanford makes good on second chance - CBSSports.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Meh.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Harvin said he saw Sanford get down for a couple weeks and not doing the extra work he had seen him doing, so he reminded him that his number would be called. When Raymond went down in the second quarter of the 49ers game, Sanford came in and made a big play, forcing a fumble....

Coach Leslie Frazier has certainly noticed and appreciated Sanford's professional attitude.

“He did a real good job when he got into the game -- he was prepared,” Frazier said. “He had done a good job of putting himself in a position where, (when) he got called up, he was going to be in position to make plays, and he did. I told him the other day I think he's a great example of what a veteran player, or any player, has to do if they're not starting.”
    So the example should be to quit do the extra things to get better if you get demoted because of your on-field play?

I hope that's not it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I for one liked Jamarcus's play every time he has been on the field. Sure he's made some mistakes, but not every player gets it right out of college.

Some players take time to get it.

As I said in another thread....How good must Mistral be if he beat Jamarcus out? Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm liking our S's this year.

Smitty just keeps getting better each game .....That hit yesterday on the TE was almost like seeing Joey Joey Joey lay the wood from days gone by.

Jamarcus had a huge day. Nice hits, one that caused a fumble when we needed it.

Of course, the DL play was so good yesterday, that it allowed our LB'rs and even our S's to play back in their zones like they are supposed to be as dictated by the scheme.

Heck, I even saw someone mention how great a game Jasper had in pass defense and he is supposed to suck at it. (neaner neaner neaner......)

So, lets not get going off the deep end. I'm sure we will see the S's mess up between now and the end of the year. Lets all keep in mind that it isn't because they suck (or take bad angles) its because the scheme made them play that way.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I am not a Sanford fan, but I have to admit that he had a pretty good game yesterday. If he continues to play like that, I will happily eat crow. AT worst he will continue to push Raymond.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I am not a Sanford fan, but I have to admit that he had a pretty good game yesterday. If he continues to play like that, I will happily eat crow. AT worst he will continue to push Raymond.
    He had a good game coming off the bench last week as well.

That was telling, at least for me, in two areas....His head is in the game (always) and the coaches are doing their job when it comes to player development and keeping their heads in the game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    He had a good game coming off the bench last week as well.

That was telling, at least for me, in two areas....His head is in the game (always) and the coaches are doing their job when it comes to player development and keeping their heads in the game.
    coaches coaching???? i have to agree that his development is way beyond what I expected.. even Smiths showing signs that it was a Great call to pull that trade and get him. i'll hold off on making you write more on the coaches till after week 6.. but from me, this is one area where there is a vast improvement then the chilly administration.. and it's trickeling down into the players making the plays, being in their spots, and following the scheme/system that's the coaches are setting up.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I for one liked Jamarcus's play every time he has been on the field. Sure he's made some mistakes, but not every player gets it right out of college.

Some players take time to get it.

As I said in another thread....How good must Mistral be if he beat Jamarcus out? Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm liking our S's this year.

Smitty just keeps getting better each game .....That hit yesterday on the TE was almost like seeing Joey Joey Joey lay the wood from days gone by.

Jamarcus had a huge day. Nice hits, one that caused a fumble when we needed it.

Of course, the DL play was so good yesterday, that it allowed our LB'rs and even our S's to play back in their zones like they are supposed to be as dictated by the scheme.

Heck, I even saw someone mention how great a game Jasper had in pass defense and he is supposed to suck at it. (neaner neaner neaner......)

So, lets not get going off the deep end. I'm sure we will see the S's mess up between now and the end of the year. Lets all keep in mind that it isn't because they suck (or take bad angles) its because the scheme made them play that way.
    Jamarca
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    coaches coaching???? i have to agree that his development is way beyond what I expected.. even Smiths showing signs that it was a Great call to pull that trade and get him. i'll hold off on making you write more on the coaches till after week 6.. but from me, this is one area where there is a vast improvement then the chilly administration.. and it's trickeling down into the players making the plays, being in their spots, and following the scheme/system that's the coaches are setting up.

DiGiTaL
    As always, top shelf my friend. Top shelf indeed.

I'm really liking our D-coord. I'm buying into what he (and the new DL coach) are trying to do with our DL and agree when it comes to the Smith pick

Kindof a segue into something I've been Pondering as I watch this team (and all the young tealent thats on it) this year.......I wonder how many are giving Spielman credit for the way this team was (is) being built.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Jamarca
    LOL. Thanks Zues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast