Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big C2 is offline Training Camp

Sanford or Johnson?

Who would you rather start at Safety this week?

I prefer Sanford. He benfitted against the Bengals on coverage with Winfield back in the game but I think he brings some much needed physicallity to the position. I am tired of seeing Williams and Johnson whiff on tackles.

I couldn't figure out how to make a Poll on the new site so went with a conventional post.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Sanford or Johnson?

I can't say after only one game.

Sanford was never challenged deep by Palmer. Due to the TV angles, I'm not sure if its because he had great coverage, or just because the Bengals gameplan never allowed for deep passes. he did well in what he was asked to do. He did have a few rookie moments, especially on some of those runs, but its expected.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Sanford or Johnson?

Johnson was suppose to be this great hitter. Sanford seems to have more of a mean streak.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

I'd go with Sanford, He had 9 tackles playing with Winny, Holding the Bengals to under 100yds is great! Johnson has trouble wrapping up (Like many Vikings have lately) I think playing with AW will benefit all our young secondary members.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

molineviking wrote:
    I'd go with Sanford, He had 9 tackles playing with Winny, Holding the Bengals to under 100yds is great! Johnson has trouble wrapping up (Like many Vikings have lately) I think playing with AW will benefit all our young secondary members.
    after one game I'd say stick with Sanford, so far he's better and can't be any worse than Johnson...

molineviking wrote:
    I agree. If nothing else it creates some competition at the position and between TJ, and Sanford with live game looks. Tyrell was severly out of position at times this year, yet he has made some plays. Sanford seemed to have a little better nose for the ball, but as its been stated on here previously it is hard to tell after 1 game as well as watching on TV.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Sanford. TJ and MW are worthless. They are out of position at least half the plays.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

It's tough to judge everything just based on one game, but the guy did play great. With his number of tackles though and lack of deep passing attempts by the Bengals, it makes me think he was cheating up on the run a lot.

Johnson should be scared but I think he'll start again when he's healthy. If he starts to struggle the coaches probably won't blink before benching him.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I say why not put Sanford in. We are in prime position to take the North so why not give Sanford some more PT so we can see what we have in him. If he gives up a couple TDs we can persevere through it, put TJ back in (not T-Jack), and still get the 2nd seed.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Right now I say get both in there and if Sanford continues to outplay Johnson then we have a new starter.

Johnson is really disappointing though because I remember Mayock (one of the few TV guys I trust) saying he was the best tackler in the draft.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast