Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    P.S. I agree on Kirk Cousins, there is NO way the Redskins keep him past his first contract.

That dude is a star in the making, the one exception I see in the "try to avoid getting your star QB from Free Agency". If we could get HIM...

I'm not saying that all star QBs were drafted by the team that got to use him, I am saying those players were never picked up off the trash pile from another team (with a few exceptions to the rule, as always, like Brees of Steve Young).

I know I'm out on a limb here, and I don't mind if people disagree. That's the whole point of discussing this in the first place.
    Last edited by drewlovs; 09-13-2013 at 02:03 PM.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I'm on board with trading for Cousins, IF Ponder doesn't work out this year. Sanchez or Freeman? I don't see it.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Mr Anderson is online now Jersey Retired
    Most people don't realize just how bad the Jets offense around Sanchez was last season. It was hideous. Their best receivers were Jeremy Kerley and Chaz Schilens, guys who probably wouldn't have made the Vikings roster in 2012, and you all know what we were working with. They basically didn't have a tight end who could catch the ball for 3/4 of the season. Their best RB was only capable of running directly into the back of his offensive linemen(where do you think Sanchez learned that move?)

I genuinely believe Sanchez is better than Ponder... however, that does not mean I want him on the Vikings. I see Sanchez as the type of guy who signs with a good team(as opposed to a circus) as a backup next season and has success off the bench in the future, maybe even becomes a starter again in a few years.

LIVike is offline Starter
    I am really against sanchez. He has looked much worse than ponder at times, not that its saying much. I'm aboard the cousins train though. I loved watching him play at michigan state and maybe the vikings could somehow get him. Granted we have seen very little of him in the pros but I liked what I see. If RGIII cant stay healthy this year I highly doubt the redskins will deal him unfortunately.
    None

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    No way would I want to see Sanchez in purple. He is just as bad as ponder. I don't care if he went to two AFC championship games. He had tremendously talented defenses and a very good online. If we tank this year and ponder is brutal we'll see bridge water, manziel or green in purple next year.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

sackdaddy97 is offline Waterboy
    Marcus Mariota from Oregon in 2014 will be the answer

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Sanchez would fit perfectly in our Qb strategy for the last decade....
    El underdog.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    He should be available next year unless he try's to rehab his shoulder and ? . But if he gets surgery now and is healthy .
    Is he worth a shot?
    I would not give anything more than a 5 th or lower.
    Any thoughts?
    He's a proven failure. NEXT!!!!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    He's a proven failure. NEXT!!!!
    Yeah just the kind of guy Spielman likes. He has a significant shoulder injury and sucks, sign him up!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    I'm not all that certain that the Redskins will be trading Cousins any time soon. RGIII looks like a different player if he doesn't provide that read option running threat. If he gets hurt again, Cousins could step up into the #1 spot. Also just a tiny bit leery that Cousins may have that Matt Flynn/Rob Johnson/Scott Mitchell thing going for him....looked really good in a brief stretch, but maybe if teams saw a lot of him on film he might not be as effective. Would hate to have to trade a 1st round pick to the Skins for Cousins, only to find out he's a one-hit wonder. But he looks as good as any other legitimate option out there to me.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast