Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Same ol' Vikes

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Same ol' Vikes

:roll: preseason!
    I think the most worries we have is the ROAD TEAM mishaps. We have really sucked on the road and the ship needs to tighten up a ton before the season starts.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Bleedspurple" wrote:
    gol 'darnit are you guys negative. Way too early to get hyped up.
    Yeah man, WTF is going on? Pull your heads out of your asses and realize it's the preseason! The starting offense has played about 2 quarters worth of time over 2 weeks. Remember a few years ago when we went 4-0 in preseason and looked great? Well we went 5-11 that year....so don't put all your stock in what you see now.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

All I have to say is, every time I watch this team play a game on the road, we look like a poorly coached football team. Every road game we have, is unbelievably sloppy, and that reflects on the head coach. This was a preseason game, so of course there are gonna be penalties and some bad play, but it was 10 times sloppier then our very first preseason game, and that is because we were on the road.

Just watch our road games all year and tell me you don't say to yourself that we look like a poorly coached football team. I did every single road game last season, EVERY ONE.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im not too scared about what I saw last night.. Everyone is still shaking off the rust and it was pretty much the backups making all the mistakes.. Im just worried about the running game.. Maybe the blocking we had last night we could work on a little more.. But like I said im not stressing it was only preseason

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

OK! OK! It was a pre-season game. But what are pre-season games for? They are to see the weaknesses. And I saw a TON of them last night.
    To me it looks like it's always something for the Vikes. For years it's been if we could just fix this or just fix that we'd be world beaters. How many times can you patch a sinking ship? Tice apparently sucks as a coach. And I'm not ready to put all the fault on Bennett for a lousy showing. The O line deserves just as much of the blame. Our corners stunk. The only thing I saw good was Williamson and Pep and our other wide receivers and a fairly decent defensive line.
    It may be pre-season but thought of the Super Bowl are not in the Vikings future from what I've seen so far.
    JMHO
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

It is pre-season, however I didn't see anything new. If there is a problem its not because its the "Same ol' Vikes" its because its the "Same ol' Coaching". Tice and company needs to come up with some new game plans to fit the new personnel otherwise everyone will have our number again this year.

WWBGD

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

You got that right!! I was a Tice fan when he was hired but my faith in him has faded now. They keep talking about this tough team but they are not tough were they need to be... and that is mentally. They make so many mental mistakes and that will kill you in the playoffs. They are terrible on the road and last night showed me no different in their approach this year. The blitz packages are simple and easy to pick up which makes it twice as hard to cover guys in the secondary. I think I saw Pennington order a pizza on one play while he was sitting in the pocket. James looked slow and easy to block and Udeze didn't look much better. I don't see our ends getting much pressure on passing downs this year which means we are going to have to blitz to put pressure on the Qb. Our O-line looked slow and lazy, they had to hold way too much because they were too fat and lazy to move their feet. Bennett who I loved before his injuries looks way too tentitive when hitting the holes and as much as I hate to say it needs to be a backup. I was very disappointed to see C4 go down I think he needs a lot of reps because he could be that special back we have been looking for all these years. Our wideouts look like they may be really good by the end of the season but I am afraid we are going to be the same ol' Vikes; outscore our opponents in order to win a game. If that is the case it will be an early exit from the playoffs if we get there at all!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    All I have to say is, every time I watch this team play a game on the road, we look like a poorly coached football team. Every road game we have, is unbelievably sloppy, and that reflects on the head coach. This was a preseason game, so of course there are gonna be penalties and some bad play, but it was 10 times sloppier then our very first preseason game, and that is because we were on the road.

Just watch our road games all year and tell me you don't say to yourself that we look like a poorly coached football team. I did every single road game last season, EVERY ONE.
    I completely agree with you. We seem to make 2-3 time the amount of mistakes on the road. Tice needs to start fining people for excessive penalties.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Before you go calling for Tice's head, remember that in preseason all the play calling is pretty vanilla. They keep it simple so they can evaluate talent and so nobody gets film of offense/defense sets personnel packages etc. We have 2 more games to get that o-line going, and cut back on pennalties, cause they were the real issue last night at the Jets game. skol

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    :roll: preseason!
    I think the most worries we have is the ROAD TEAM mishaps. We have really sucked on the road and the ship needs to tighten up a ton before the season starts.
    Animal, we have had to say this (tighten the ship) every year that Tice has been at the helm. It also goes back a few years into Denny's tenure. Anyone have any suggestions?????????

I don't think it is only the Road Games. It has been loosey goosey everywhere, we just play better at home out of luck or coincidence or home field advantage.

Purple Eggs and Tice
    I will support them on a house, I will support them with a mouse, I will support because, a Viking Fan I am.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast