Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Same ol' Vikes

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Same ol' Vikes

I just saw a train wreck tonight. Dante was good but not much else. Our offensive line can't run block worth a crap. Our D had no pressure on the Qb even when we blitzed!! Did I see Suranga out there tonight? Two crispy critters trying to defend Coles. Williams couldn't cover a pool table. And Winfield was just burnt early and often!! The Jets first and second team took it to us and bad. And we are suppose to be improved on special teams. They couldn't run a play without a penalty. The Vikes had 16 penalties for over 100 yds. Everyone is talking about our improved D, well if that is improved this is going to be a long year. They have a long way to go if they are going to win the division, and an unfathomable way to go if they are going to the super bowl and win it!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Same ol' Vikes

I thought our D played pretty well. Obviously, there is still a lot of room for improvement, but considering this is just the second pre season game, I thought they were very good. For about the first three series, we had them in three and outs. Then we had one bad letdown when they had that big drive.

Other than that I thought they were pretty good. The one TD you can't fault them for, where the Jets took over at the 3 or something (even though we did hold them 4 times or something).

I thought there were a lot of positives. We still need to improve a lot with communication and cut down on the false starts, but the first team offence looked mighty good.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Culpepper looked crisp but if you can't run in the NFL, odds are you are going to lose! The D looked good because they didn't let Pennington throw the first two series. Our run D has never been an issue, it's our pressure on the Qb and pass coverage. They need a lot of work on their communication. Those flags were flying out so many times half the refs need Tommy John surgery!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Penalties in the game were b/s.....I mean seriously, can there be a penalty on every play?? Horrible, the refs need to let em' play....I wish NFL football would lighten up the rules....Adrian Ward couldn't even cover a guy without getting pass interference....how do you cover anyone in this league??? It was b/s!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

B-Will played like complete poo....can't wait till' Smoot comes back! B-Will is garbage on coverage, he can hit, but he sucked it up tonight!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

i was going crazy watching us get a penalty every play, i thought daunte looked great though, almost got a pass to everybody on offense, i think 6 or 7 different recievers out of like 11 completions

Daunte was sharp, but the O-line needs to get it's act together. I would hate to be in their shoes when Tice walks into the locker room tomorrow morning. They're gonna be working on timing and have their hands tied together all week!

With all the new players, I'm willing to cut our defense some slack until midseason. It's gotta be tough to communicate with so many new faces.

Angryviking is offline Starter

What really stunk this game up was our O-line and our special teams. only one RB was looking impressive and that was C4 and then he got injuried, other than that i don't remeber a run for more than 5 yards by Bennet or Moore. what really bothered me was the fact that all this penalties with the O-line were in the 1st quarter with all our starting lineman. special teams, well besides getting penalized almost everytime we punted. we botched almost every single punt, missed a FG even though we got the ball back for roughing the kicker. and bennet was still stinking it up, when he did finally kick it far it didn't have enough air time to let our coverage get down there.

Our defense looked impressive to me still though, the Jets only had one really good drive, the other times we turned it over to them so they didn't have to go far to drive. i know we didn't get many sacks last nite but the jets have a good o-line, you don't have the leading rusher last yr w/o a good o-line. and yes we used to give up tons of yards on the ground last year. the jets didn't start running the ball real effectively until the 4th quarter, so our run D is a lot better than last year. our offense, minus all the penalites, was having no problems moving the ball against the Jets. Culpepper completed 11 of 13 passes to 7 different receivers, for over a hundred yards in 1 quarter. Williamson showed why we finally drafted him.

yah we lost but i think if we just tighten it up on the o-line and special teams, we'll be fine this year.
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

Prophet Guest

The Jets didn't even get a first down until halfway through the second quarter. The penalties were mind numbing and the special teams were beyond pathetic. It will come together.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

yeah lots of penatlies but if i remember correctly the jets did nothing against our starting defense they started doing good when we put back ups in the game. kansas city did ok but thats with last years #1 offense against our defense and they still didn't do much.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast