Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Sam Cowart

  1. #21
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Sam Cowart

    Good luck with that :grin:

    A natural thing would to have your LB's leading in tackles then the DB's very rarely would a lineman lead a team in tackles. The only time they have a chance to make a stop is during a run. On the pass it's a sack or nothing.

    And even on the runs some of them are maintaining gaps, it would be a feat if it happened though. We need more LB's mixed in with the DB's to balance it out.

    Hell even the year before the leader wasn't a LB it was Brian Russell with 90+ followed by Chavous (as usual)

    No I don't think you will see any lineman topping that list anytime soon.

  2. #22
    Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    362

    Re: Sam Cowart

    "SKOL" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    How is minnesota a small market town in comparison to buffalo?
    I know, that bugs me too. I read recently that the Mpls/St.Paul market ranks #14 nationally. Granted it's not New York or L.A., but who is? It's more mid-market than small market. I'm not from here originally, but the place kind'a grows on you..., the quality of life, the arts and entertainment are phenominal.

    Minnesota VS. New York City.......


    sig courtesy of PPE

  3. #23
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Sam Cowart

    I think EJ is a tremendous talent. I saw him play in college. He's quick and athletic and is around the ball. He did have lapses last year in coverage. I don't know if it was b/c of DEs or not since I really don't have the films to study. He did look pathetic on some plays though. On the other hand he looked like a genius at times on running plays.

    This guy has great potential and should be a great LB for many years to come. I think the addition of Sam Cowart will give EJ the mentoring/leadership he needs to become a great football player. I am an EJ fan (especially since it's my name too). Hopefully he will learn what he needs to.

  4. #24
    vikes09's Avatar
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,260

    Re: Sam Cowart

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Good luck with that :grin:

    A natural thing would to have your LB's leading in tackles then the DB's very rarely would a lineman lead a team in tackles. The only time they have a chance to make a stop is during a run. On the pass it's a sack or nothing.

    And even on the runs some of them are maintaining gaps, it would be a feat if it happened though. We need more LB's mixed in with the DB's to balance it out.

    Hell even the year before the leader wasn't a LB it was Brian Russell with 90+ followed by Chavous (as usual)

    No I don't think you will see any lineman topping that list anytime soon.
    i didnt want our dline to be the top tacklers, i just want them to help with the run. i would rather have our linebackers be the top 3, then kwill around the top 5, and then dbs will follow.

  5. #25
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Sam Cowart

    K-will had 80 last year.. P-will gets like 80 a year... But most linebackers get around 100 or more

  6. #26
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Sam Cowart

    "briboy75" wrote:
    This article should not have been posted. Its premium content that requires a paid subscription. Maybe this thread should be locked?
    enl is a oficer of the law. He would never do anything wrong! :lol:

    Arrest yourself enl! :lol:

  7. #27
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Sam Cowart

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    I thought Winfield led our team? I could be wrong I guess.
    Nope Winfield is in the top five not #1


    Actually Darren the cutbacks success were often a result of poor DE play from the rookie Udeze. I'm sure EJ had is fair share of mistakes. The point is the guy gets to the ball, and when he does the ball stops. 90+ tackles..........he was at the ball, leading the team............he was at the ball before everyone else..............young and inexperienced....the sky is the limit.

    Oh and he is our LB so he is doing something our DB's have been doing the last few years in making plays in regards to tackles. Plus from what I have been reading the guy has a great attitude.

    For everyone who loves to hate Chavous and Williams for bad attitudes where are the props for the guy who has openly said he knows it will be a battle and that he is going to work twice as hard.

    Just defending the guy, not accusing anyone of anything here.
    Gotta respectfully disagree here Del

    First, more opponents were scared of getting hit by Winfield than EJ - that's not a good rep to have as an MLB.

    Second, the Philadelphia game was a glaring example of EJ's being a liability in coverage. He simply does not have ball skills, and it will kill us if he starts.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  8. #28
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Sam Cowart

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    I thought Winfield led our team? I could be wrong I guess.
    Nope Winfield is in the top five not #1


    Actually Darren the cutbacks success were often a result of poor DE play from the rookie Udeze. I'm sure EJ had is fair share of mistakes. The point is the guy gets to the ball, and when he does the ball stops. 90+ tackles..........he was at the ball, leading the team............he was at the ball before everyone else..............young and inexperienced....the sky is the limit.

    Oh and he is our LB so he is doing something our DB's have been doing the last few years in making plays in regards to tackles. Plus from what I have been reading the guy has a great attitude.

    For everyone who loves to hate Chavous and Williams for bad attitudes where are the props for the guy who has openly said he knows it will be a battle and that he is going to work twice as hard.

    Just defending the guy, not accusing anyone of anything here.
    Gotta respectfully disagree here Del

    First, more opponents were scared of getting hit by Winfield than EJ - that's not a good rep to have as an MLB.

    Second, the Philadelphia game was a glaring example of EJ's being a liability in coverage. He simply does not have ball skills, and it will kill us if he starts.
    How do you know that the players were more scared of being hit by Winfield than EJ? Did you survey them?

    I agree with the second statement.

    I'm not trying to be an ***hole in the first questions, just criticizing. You can't argue that because you don't know that for a fact. It's just your opinion.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  9. #29
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Sam Cowart

    We can't sit here and say that EJ starting will kill us. We don't know how much he has learned in the off-season. He did have lapses last year in coverage and it is true he looked pathetic at times, but that could change. Who are any of us to say he doesn't have the ball skills? He does have skills. Whether or not they are better than the other LBs remains to be determined. I'm not disagreeing with you 8404 about him starting. I'm just saying that if he deservingly beats someone out he should start. Knowing what I know now, he won't start but we can't diss his talent. He definately wasn't ready last year.

  10. #30
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Sam Cowart

    "Vikes2611" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    I thought Winfield led our team? I could be wrong I guess.
    Nope Winfield is in the top five not #1


    Actually Darren the cutbacks success were often a result of poor DE play from the rookie Udeze. I'm sure EJ had is fair share of mistakes. The point is the guy gets to the ball, and when he does the ball stops. 90+ tackles..........he was at the ball, leading the team............he was at the ball before everyone else..............young and inexperienced....the sky is the limit.

    Oh and he is our LB so he is doing something our DB's have been doing the last few years in making plays in regards to tackles. Plus from what I have been reading the guy has a great attitude.

    For everyone who loves to hate Chavous and Williams for bad attitudes where are the props for the guy who has openly said he knows it will be a battle and that he is going to work twice as hard.

    Just defending the guy, not accusing anyone of anything here.
    Gotta respectfully disagree here Del

    First, more opponents were scared of getting hit by Winfield than EJ - that's not a good rep to have as an MLB.

    Second, the Philadelphia game was a glaring example of EJ's being a liability in coverage. He simply does not have ball skills, and it will kill us if he starts.
    How do you know that the players were more scared of being hit by Winfield than EJ? Did you survey them?

    I agree with the second statement.

    I'm not trying to be an ***hole in the first questions, just criticizing. You can't argue that because you don't know that for a fact. It's just your opinion.
    Yes, it's an opinion. One based in fact, though - Antoine Winfield left Ricky Williams laying on the field for almost five minutes trying to find his head, Brian Williams hits harder than EJ

    C'mon now


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cowart signs with Texans
    By kyleo1967 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 01:46 AM
  2. Sam Cowart!
    By VIKE$4LIFE in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 09:46 PM
  3. Sam Cowart!
    By VIKE$4LIFE in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 06:01 PM
  4. Vikings trade for Sam Cowart.
    By Norse Warrior in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 01:42 AM
  5. Sign Sam Cowart When he's Cut
    By MN_Jet_Fan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 12:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •