Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Salary Cap Spikes Could Frustrate Vikings' Free Agent Search

http://vikesgeek.blogspot.com/
    The Minnesota Vikings embark on the 2008 free-agency period with a range of needs. At the top of the team's wish list is right offensive guard, followed closely by right offensive tackle and defensive end, and then wide receiver, safety and cornerback. The only positions at which the Vikings appear to be set for the 2008 season, in other words, are on special teams, and at running back, defensive tackle and guard, center, and linebacker.

Identifying the Vikings' needs is the easy part. Filling the needs through free agency could prove more than daunting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I found in this article that surprised me...
    Here in "Vikings Lnd" we seem to think that we have a ton of FA money. When actually 23 other teams have more money than us. Every team in the NFC North has more FA money than us,
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Salary Cap Spikes Could Frustrate Vikings' Free Agent Search

This is just some guys blog though. I don't think thats the teams actual 'wish list' for FA. I'll believe the cap situation when i see it written by a reputable source.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

We are fine in cap

And I doubt we will really pursue anyone

Just a few roster fillers

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

It might be just someones blog but is pretty accurate.

The increase in CAP will make it alot easier for teams to sign Vets they want to keep which will severly degrade the talent that will be available and the ones that will test the market will be over paid cause teams will be bidding over them.

Gonna be a bad year to try to get any quality cheap/at a reasonable price.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

The increase in CAP will make it alot easier for teams to sign Vets they want to keep which will severly degrade the talent that will be available and the ones that will test the market will be over paid cause teams will be bidding over them.

:

I think it will depend on how much a few of them sign at first

If they aren't overpaid then it sets a good bar

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

That list sounds like a big list of needs. No QB mentioned
    hmmm..

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

I think it will depend on how much a few of them sign at first

If they aren't overpaid then it sets a good bar
    Believe it or not, the bar was set last year and the year before and the year before that etc etc.

A big windfall in CAP increases across the board = increased salaries across the board.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

At the top of the team's wish list is right offensive guard, followed closely by right offensive tackle and defensive end, and then wide receiver, safety and cornerback.

This doesn't make much sense to me. Didn't Herrara get a starter-type deal already this year. Ryan Cook's improvement over the year, and towards the end of the year seems to be being ignored, along with the theory/fact that O-lines get better the longer they play together. At the very least, those two positions should not be the top two.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://vikesgeek.blogspot.com/
    The Minnesota Vikings embark on the 2008 free-agency period with a range of needs. At the top of the team's wish list is right offensive guard, followed closely by right offensive tackle and defensive end, and then wide receiver, safety and cornerback. The only positions at which the Vikings appear to be set for the 2008 season, in other words, are on special teams, and at running back, defensive tackle and guard, center, and linebacker.

Identifying the Vikings' needs is the easy part. Filling the needs through free agency could prove more than daunting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I found in this article that surprised me...
    Here in "Vikings Lnd" we seem to think that we have a ton of FA money. When actually 23 other teams have more money than us. Every team in the NFC North has more FA money than us,
    So some dude writes something in his blog with no supporting links and we're all supposed to take it as gospel?

Sorry, but homie don't play that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    At the top of the team's wish list is right offensive guard, followed closely by right offensive tackle and defensive end, and then wide receiver, safety and cornerback.

This doesn't make much sense to me. Didn't Herrara get a starter-type deal already this year. Ryan Cook's improvement over the year, and towards the end of the year seems to be being ignored, along with the theory/fact that O-lines get better the longer they play together. At the very least, those two positions should not be the top two.
    Quite making sense my friend.
    No one has patience anymore.
    You know that.
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast