Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NwahlinsCayenne is offline Waterboy

Saints fan here, would like some game info

Hey guys, hopefully we'll get no injuries tonight. The reason I am posting here, however, is injuries. Will Berrian and Rice play, and if not how good are you guys other receivers? I'm really worried about his game with Sed Ellis being out and our already suspect defense. I had to start drinking at 2 p.m. to keep myself from getting too worked up, but it's not working!!

So tell me what you guys think. I think we're both desperate for a win tonight because of the fact we are both in the NFC, which appears to be dominant so far and the NFC East might put three teams in the playoffs. The NFC South, if we win, could have more wins than the NFC East. We can't afford to fall two games behind Carolina in the division. Man, I'm in agony right now!

Re: Saints fan here, would like some game info

Will Berrian and Rice play, and if not how good are you guys other receivers?
    Berrian will not be playing tonight, however, Rice will see the field.
    Bobby Wade is an excellent slot receiver and Aundre Alison has show flashes of talent the few times he has been in the game.
    You might worry about Shiancoe, but lately he has had a case of dropsey at the most crucial times.
    If Garret Mills gets a chance he is a reliable receiver with fair YAC.

You might want to be more worried about our D line.
    I saw on the Black and Gold forum that some are worried that your LT might have more than he can handle with Jared Allen and there was some concern how your RT would be able to handle Ray Edwards.
    If these two get on a roll early it's going to be a long night for Drew Brees and Reggie Bush.

I am more concerned with Duce McAllistair.
    With E.J. Henderson being out, and a second year untested guy in there (Herron) a double team on Phat Pat and Kevin Williams might be enough to spring him.
    If Herron plays up to expectations and/or Kevin Williams breaks loose then it should be game over for your running game.
    You will become one dimensional, but that might not be a bad thing for you, our secondary has some areas that can be exploited....maybe.
    Depends on how well you handle our pass rush.

All in all it should be a good game.

Thanks for that great synopsis of you all's key players. The thing is, I think because of Brees and not our line, that the Saints have been one of the most least-sacked teams in the league despite being at or near the top of the league in pass attempts. Brees gets rid of the ball very well, not saying I'm not wary of you guys' pressure that can cause big problems. I'm pretty confident that Brees will be able to get rid of the ball, just a little concerned about our receivers. I think our receivers have only had one dropped pass all season long, but Devery Henderson is not known for catching every pass, at least not in previous seasons and in training camp so he could be due for some drops. Meachem had lots of drops in training camp as well and still lets the ball hit his chest, which I hate. Moore catches everything, but I really wish we had Colston and Patten for this game.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Other receivers and the guy actually trying to get to the ball to them = sub par.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i think ultra pretty much hit the nail on the head.

As far as the game is concerned, the only player that actually scares me is reggie bush.
    I know he's not much of a threat running between the tackles, but if he can make on eperson miss, especially without Henderson in there, he could break a long one.
    Also, if they split him out wide, it could spell disaster for us.
    The vikings have a knack of giving up the big play at the most inopportune times, and Bush is really the only player who will do that.
    McAlister will also probably be a pain in the rear, if we get down and they start eating the clock with 3-4 yards runs to the edges.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I'm scared of the screen-plays to Reggie Bush. We need to not give him much space cause if we do, he'll most likely pick up the first down or even a TD.

Drew Brees is a very intelligent quarterback and he can pick our defense apart with his accurate throws. I'm glad Colston is not playing cause that would give our secondary a hard time.

I kinda have a feeling that Adrian Peterson, tonight, may have his best game so far this season. The Saints D-line isn't exactly famous for its run-stop, plus Ellis is injured. This might turn out to become a superSTAR-battle between Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson. I can't wait...

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    What is your source on this info and can you post a link if you have it?

ESPN just said Berrian will play.

"NwahlinsCayenne" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    What is your source on this info and can you post a link if you have it?
    It was my fault for skiming articles while at work.
    I had read Judd Zulgad at the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Berrian had been placed on the injury report and most of the article was talking about how EJ would not make the game.
    My elderly brain had a cramp and I super imposed one with the other.
    Sorry.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I hope Childress gets embarrassed this game.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast