Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119
  1. #111
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,701
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re:From A Saints Fan

    Voodoo Man wrote:

    Favregot hit just like the Vikings hit Romo!!! Again the Saints had ONE illegal hit and was fined for it.

    All teams try to take out the QB. Not in an illegal way but by knocking him on his ass the legal way. That was what happened to your QB in the NFCCG. Were you upset at the Vikings for tagging Romo like they did??? I think not. If your team wins they are hard hits and if they lose it was dirty??? That is how it comes off.
    Firstly what about the roughing the passer calls that were flagged, were they not illegal hits too? As for the Dallas game Romo was sacked SIX times how many sacks did your boys get on Favre? heres a clue it's less than one. Face it V-Man, the Saints made sure Favre was getting hit when they had the chance, legal or not. If you can't admit to that you must still be drunk from the Superbowl celebrations.

  2. #112
    Voodoo Man is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    61

    Re:From A Saints Fan

    ejmat wrote:
    Voodoo Man wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    PLEASE STOP CRYING ABOUT THE NON CALL !!

    The roughing the passer call 2 plays before that extended the drive and was total BS ! The non call was a payback for the one that shouldn't have been called.

    Also on the end around handoff the uneccesaary roughness call was also BS. After Favre handed the ball off he was running right at the Saints player and got leveled. Favre is a blocker and fair game there. There was nothing illegal about that hit.


    Let's not forget the Cheap shot FAVRE ( Fined $10,000 by the NFL) delivered on the crackback block on Eugene Wilson earlier this year causing him to miss 2 weeks. Don't think for second players around the league forget stuff like that.

    The Vikings had 5 penalties for 32 yards while the Saints had 9 penalties for 88 yards.

    I didnt see the Saints getting to Manning much last Sunday, how about we look at our O line instead of the refs ?
    First I'm going to start off by saying the refs didn't cost the game. Turnovers were a big cause. However, don't sit here and say the roughing the passer call was BS. By rule you cannot piledrive or force the QB to the ground. He did that. I don't agree with the rule but by definition it was a penalty.

    If you think the Vikes had the caalls in the game then just look at the OT. PI? My ASS. 1st down and the run by Thomas? My ASS. Catch to set up the FG? My ASS. Penalties are going to be part of every game but let's face it, the Saints didn't earn 1 of those first downs in OT. Not one of them.

    I do agree when Favre becomes a blocker he is fair game. No complaints there. But let me ask you. If that's Brady or Manning, do you think they get that call?

    Manning or brady would not have got hit in that situation, watch the replay Favre tried to get himself in fron of th e tackler and was promptly handed his ass. He could have easilly avoided that hit.

    Did you forget that Favre like to block once in a while and is not the cleanest guy when he does as he was fined 10K and put the Texans guy out a few weekss with that crackback block in a PRESEASON game no less !
    Nope I didn't forget at all. How do you know Brady or Manning would have never let that happen? Are you in their minds now? Are you telling me neither of them ever threw a block? LMAO! Besides, that wasn't my question. Do you think they would have got the flag thrown? My answer is yes.

    Favre was handed his ass and the Saint organization openly admitted they were trying to take QBs out of the game. However, did you not freaking read what I posted? Here let me repeat. "I do agree when Favre becomes a blocker he is fair game. No complaints there."

    This isn't the 1970s. There are now rules in place that forbids that type of behavior on the field. Do I agree? Not with all of it. It doesn't take away the fact the rules are there and that the Saints played dirty in this game (openly admitting it).
    Where did the Saints openly admit "trying to take QBs out of the game"???? Link????? Are you talking about what G. Williams said about Manning (after the NFCCG)?? If so go back and read what he said. The whole thing.

    Where openly admitted playing dirty????? Again Link?????? There was an illegal hit and they were fined for it.

    Link where they admitted it or be proven a cry baby. Favregot hit just like the Vikings hit Romo!!! Again the Saints had ONE illegal hit and was fined for it.

    All teams try to take out the QB. Not in an illegal way but by knocking him on his ass the legal way. That was what happened to your QB in the NFCCG. Were you upset at the Vikings for tagging Romo like they did??? I think not. If your team wins they are hard hits and if they lose it was dirty??? That is how it comes off.
    Dude, we can go back and forth on this. No one is going to convience the other. Yes I am talking about what Gregg Williams said. "We are going out there with the intentions of knocking the QB out of the game". You want a link? I will presume you don't need one since you knew exactly what I was talking about.

    As far as Romo is concerned, show me one illegal hit. Just one. You can deny what you want pal but the Saints did play dirty by intentionally piledriving the QB and by going after his knee/ankle. That is considered dirty in today's game (fine or no fine). Just because the guy lost money on it doesn't make it right just like when Favre was fined I didn't cry, whine or deny it was wrong.

    The difference between you and I is I can admit when someone on the team I am rooting for does something wrong. Eviedntly you cannnot. So continue asking for your links. You know exactly what happened and so does the rest of the unbiased world. Link - LMAO. Do you really need the links to your questions? Really?

    While you are at it there was another play where they hit Favre late and it wasn't penalized. The fact is, I am not here to whine or cry about hitting. It's all part of the game. But you seem to want to take it there. YOU are the one that brought it up by saying the Vikings and their fans are whining about it. The Vikings lost the game because of turnovers and in turn, the final score. Not because the Saints beat them. The Vikings beat them in every legal facet of the game other than the final score. Lucky for you and unfortunate for the Vikings fans the one place where it counts the Saints won.

    Consider this post your link.
    OK so when you say "Saints played dirty in this game (openly admitting it" you mean that this is what you think and there is no Saints admitting it.

    "YOU are the one that brought it up by saying the Vikings and their fans are whining about it." Where did I say this. You do not have to find a link just show me in the thread where I said this. I said YOU would be proven a cry baby if you could not back up what you are saying with proof. No where did a put all the Vikings Fans in that.

    "The difference between you and I is I can admit when someone on the team I am rooting for does something wrong. Eviedntly you cannnot." Did you not read this thread where I was bringing up that there was not fine given out and then when one was I came back and said it was an illegal hit. So say what you want but seeing how this was posted that makes your point mute and that you could be the one with this problem.

    "Lucky for you and unfortunate for the Vikings fans the one place where it counts the Saints won." I AGREE that the Vikings lead in most every stat of the game, but as most everyone say I will take the win.

    I do agree that neither will change the others mind.
    None

  3. #113
    Voodoo Man is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    61

    Re:From A Saints Fan

    scottishvike wrote:
    Voodoo Man wrote:

    Favregot hit just like the Vikings hit Romo!!! Again the Saints had ONE illegal hit and was fined for it.

    All teams try to take out the QB. Not in an illegal way but by knocking him on his ass the legal way. That was what happened to your QB in the NFCCG. Were you upset at the Vikings for tagging Romo like they did??? I think not. If your team wins they are hard hits and if they lose it was dirty??? That is how it comes off.
    Firstly what about the roughing the passer calls that were flagged, were they not illegal hits too? As for the Dallas game Romo was sacked SIX times how many sacks did your boys get on Favre? heres a clue it's less than one. Face it V-Man, the Saints made sure Favre was getting hit when they had the chance, legal or not. If you can't admit to that you must still be drunk from the Superbowl celebrations.
    OK if I go with roughing the passer calls and all flags are called for illegal blocks/hit/such does that mean all games are dirty games???? What point are you trying to make.

    Saints were hitting Favre every legal time they could all game long. When it was an illegal they got fined for that one hit. The vikings I am sure were trying to hit Brees all the legal times too. There were missed calls on both sides.

    Not still drunk from the SB celebrations. I will openly admit that the Saints had luck at many spots this season and I will take every bit of luck they can get.
    None

  4. #114
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re:From A Saints Fan

    Voodoo Man wrote:

    OK if I go with roughing the passer calls and all flags are called for illegal blocks/hit/such does that mean all games are dirty games???? What point are you trying to make.

    Saints were hitting Favre every legal time they could all game long. When it was an illegal they got fined for that one hit. The vikings I am sure were trying to hit Brees all the legal times too. There were missed calls on both sides.

    Not still drunk from the SB celebrations. I will openly admit that the Saints had luck at many spots this season and I will take every bit of luck they can get.
    Actually from my reading, the same player was fined twice, for 2 hits, not for 1... on top of that there were at least 2 roughing the passer calls and the refs admitted the following week that they missed 1 or 2 others... you're talking 4 - 6 unnecessary hits on one of the more fragile and important positions on the football field. If you don't call that dirty, what exactly do you call it? I mean, sure, stuff happens and everyone makes mistakes... but even a Saints fan has got to look at that many mistakes in one game and wonder if there's not something more to that trend than a statistical anamoly. Especially given with Greg Williams said the following week about "remember me shots" and "hitting Peyton and hoping he doesn't get back up"... given that context... the volume of unnecessary hits... the flags, admitted missed flags, and fines... I'm not sure how you justify any conclusion other than the one most Vikings fans have arrived at... the Saints were playing dirty. Thank you Sir and have a lovely day.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  5. #115
    Voodoo Man is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    61

    Re:From A Saints Fan

    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Voodoo Man wrote:

    OK if I go with roughing the passer calls and all flags are called for illegal blocks/hit/such does that mean all games are dirty games???? What point are you trying to make.

    Saints were hitting Favre every legal time they could all game long. When it was an illegal they got fined for that one hit. The vikings I am sure were trying to hit Brees all the legal times too. There were missed calls on both sides.

    Not still drunk from the SB celebrations. I will openly admit that the Saints had luck at many spots this season and I will take every bit of luck they can get.
    Actually from my reading, the same player was fined twice, for 2 hits, not for 1... on top of that there were at least 2 roughing the passer calls and the refs admitted the following week that they missed 1 or 2 others... you're talking 4 - 6 unnecessary hits on one of the more fragile and important positions on the football field. If you don't call that dirty, what exactly do you call it? I mean, sure, stuff happens and everyone makes mistakes... but even a Saints fan has got to look at that many mistakes in one game and wonder if there's not something more to that trend than a statistical anamoly. Especially given with Greg Williams said the following week about "remember me shots" and "hitting Peyton and hoping he doesn't get back up"... given that context... the volume of unnecessary hits... the flags, admitted missed flags, and fines... I'm not sure how you justify any conclusion other than the one most Vikings fans have arrived at... the Saints were playing dirty. Thank you Sir and have a lovely day.
    Went back and looked and it was 4 hits (3 on Favre) that were illegal and fined. If it was Brees I would be pissed about it too. The Saints were looking at tagging Favre hard and 3 were illegal. Other than those hits they were "clean" shoots. With the NFL going back and ruled the 4 being illegal there was no reason for them not to say if there were more.

    There were missed calls on both sides, but depending on who your team is it is easy to over look the ones that help your team. The Saints had some which I will admit but the Vikings had some also.

    I do look forward to next season and hope that the NFL makes the opener a Vikings?Saints rematch.
    None

  6. #116
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:From A Saints Fan

    Voodoo Man wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Voodoo Man wrote:

    OK if I go with roughing the passer calls and all flags are called for illegal blocks/hit/such does that mean all games are dirty games???? What point are you trying to make.

    Saints were hitting Favre every legal time they could all game long. When it was an illegal they got fined for that one hit. The vikings I am sure were trying to hit Brees all the legal times too. There were missed calls on both sides.

    Not still drunk from the SB celebrations. I will openly admit that the Saints had luck at many spots this season and I will take every bit of luck they can get.
    Actually from my reading, the same player was fined twice, for 2 hits, not for 1... on top of that there were at least 2 roughing the passer calls and the refs admitted the following week that they missed 1 or 2 others... you're talking 4 - 6 unnecessary hits on one of the more fragile and important positions on the football field. If you don't call that dirty, what exactly do you call it? I mean, sure, stuff happens and everyone makes mistakes... but even a Saints fan has got to look at that many mistakes in one game and wonder if there's not something more to that trend than a statistical anamoly. Especially given with Greg Williams said the following week about "remember me shots" and "hitting Peyton and hoping he doesn't get back up"... given that context... the volume of unnecessary hits... the flags, admitted missed flags, and fines... I'm not sure how you justify any conclusion other than the one most Vikings fans have arrived at... the Saints were playing dirty. Thank you Sir and have a lovely day.
    Went back and looked and it was 4 hits (3 on Favre) that were illegal and fined. If it was Brees I would be pissed about it too. The Saints were looking at tagging Favre hard and 3 were illegal. Other than those hits they were "clean" shoots. With the NFL going back and ruled the 4 being illegal there was no reason for them not to say if there were more.

    There were missed calls on both sides, but depending on who your team is it is easy to over look the ones that help your team. The Saints had some which I will admit but the Vikings had some also.

    I do look forward to next season and hope that the NFL makes the opener a Vikings?Saints rematch.
    Regardless, it was the Saints year. Nothing was going to change that.
    The Saints fans who visited the site were pretty classy for the most part.
    I didn't see any cheap shots rendered by those fans.
    So congrats once again.
    Looking forward to next year.
    Have a nice off season.
    I know you will.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  7. #117
    fanofteam is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    182

    Re:From A Saints Fan

    ejmat wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    PLEASE STOP CRYING ABOUT THE NON CALL !!

    The roughing the passer call 2 plays before that extended the drive and was total BS ! The non call was a payback for the one that shouldn't have been called.

    Also on the end around handoff the uneccesaary roughness call was also BS. After Favre handed the ball off he was running right at the Saints player and got leveled. Favre is a blocker and fair game there. There was nothing illegal about that hit.


    Let's not forget the Cheap shot FAVRE ( Fined $10,000 by the NFL) delivered on the crackback block on Eugene Wilson earlier this year causing him to miss 2 weeks. Don't think for second players around the league forget stuff like that.

    The Vikings had 5 penalties for 32 yards while the Saints had 9 penalties for 88 yards.

    I didnt see the Saints getting to Manning much last Sunday, how about we look at our O line instead of the refs ?
    First I'm going to start off by saying the refs didn't cost the game. Turnovers were a big cause. However, don't sit here and say the roughing the passer call was BS. By rule you cannot piledrive or force the QB to the ground. He did that. I don't agree with the rule but by definition it was a penalty.

    If you think the Vikes had the caalls in the game then just look at the OT. PI? My ASS. 1st down and the run by Thomas? My ASS. Catch to set up the FG? My ASS. Penalties are going to be part of every game but let's face it, the Saints didn't earn 1 of those first downs in OT. Not one of them.

    I do agree when Favre becomes a blocker he is fair game. No complaints there. But let me ask you. If that's Brady or Manning, do you think they get that call?

    Manning or brady would not have got hit in that situation, watch the replay Favre tried to get himself in fron of th e tackler and was promptly handed his ass. He could have easilly avoided that hit.

    Did you forget that Favre like to block once in a while and is not the cleanest guy when he does as he was fined 10K and put the Texans guy out a few weekss with that crackback block in a PRESEASON game no less !
    Nope I didn't forget at all. How do you know Brady or Manning would have never let that happen? Are you in their minds now? Are you telling me neither of them ever threw a block? LMAO! Besides, that wasn't my question. Do you think they would have got the flag thrown? My answer is yes.
    Tell me the last time you saw Manning or Brady try to throw a block like that. Maybe get in a players way but not an all out block.

    Favre was hoping it was a 189 pound CB coming around the corner and he found himself in the way on a 300lb machine and GOT FING LAID OUT LIKE HE DESERVED.

    Favre has been fined for dirty hits himself and took the Texans player out for 2 weeks, PAYBACK is a BitCH !



    You guys act like they hit Favre 10 seconds late or something. You act like the Saints linemen meant to hit him high and low at the same time, yea they wanted to give him 15 yards and set him up at the 1st down at the Saints 20 yard line, give me a break. They were both going after him and happened to get there at the same time. A penalty, yes but playing dirty (intentionally doing it) no way.


    I can't believe almost 3 weeks late you Pussies are still crying about this, FOOTBALL is a VIOLENT GAME !

  8. #118
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:From A Saints Fan

    fanofteam wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    fanofteam wrote:
    PLEASE STOP CRYING ABOUT THE NON CALL !!

    The roughing the passer call 2 plays before that extended the drive and was total BS ! The non call was a payback for the one that shouldn't have been called.

    Also on the end around handoff the uneccesaary roughness call was also BS. After Favre handed the ball off he was running right at the Saints player and got leveled. Favre is a blocker and fair game there. There was nothing illegal about that hit.


    Let's not forget the Cheap shot FAVRE ( Fined $10,000 by the NFL) delivered on the crackback block on Eugene Wilson earlier this year causing him to miss 2 weeks. Don't think for second players around the league forget stuff like that.

    The Vikings had 5 penalties for 32 yards while the Saints had 9 penalties for 88 yards.

    I didnt see the Saints getting to Manning much last Sunday, how about we look at our O line instead of the refs ?
    First I'm going to start off by saying the refs didn't cost the game. Turnovers were a big cause. However, don't sit here and say the roughing the passer call was BS. By rule you cannot piledrive or force the QB to the ground. He did that. I don't agree with the rule but by definition it was a penalty.

    If you think the Vikes had the caalls in the game then just look at the OT. PI? My ASS. 1st down and the run by Thomas? My ASS. Catch to set up the FG? My ASS. Penalties are going to be part of every game but let's face it, the Saints didn't earn 1 of those first downs in OT. Not one of them.

    I do agree when Favre becomes a blocker he is fair game. No complaints there. But let me ask you. If that's Brady or Manning, do you think they get that call?

    Manning or brady would not have got hit in that situation, watch the replay Favre tried to get himself in fron of th e tackler and was promptly handed his ass. He could have easilly avoided that hit.

    Did you forget that Favre like to block once in a while and is not the cleanest guy when he does as he was fined 10K and put the Texans guy out a few weekss with that crackback block in a PRESEASON game no less !
    Nope I didn't forget at all. How do you know Brady or Manning would have never let that happen? Are you in their minds now? Are you telling me neither of them ever threw a block? LMAO! Besides, that wasn't my question. Do you think they would have got the flag thrown? My answer is yes.
    Tell me the last time you saw Manning or Brady try to throw a block like that. Maybe get in a players way but not an all out block.

    Favre was hoping it was a 189 pound CB coming around the corner and he found himself in the way on a 300lb machine and GOT FING LAID OUT LIKE HE DESERVED.

    Favre has been fined for dirty hits himself and took the Texans player out for 2 weeks, PAYBACK is a BitCH !



    You guys act like they hit Favre 10 seconds late or something. You act like the Saints linemen meant to hit him high and low at the same time, yea they wanted to give him 15 yards and set him up at the 1st down at the Saints 20 yard line, give me a break. They were both going after him and happened to get there at the same time. A penalty, yes but playing dirty (intentionally doing it) no way.


    I can't believe almost 3 weeks late you Pussies are still crying about this, FOOTBALL is a VIOLENT GAME !
    Are you just so fucking stupid or do you not know how to read? Did I not say I agreed that Favre was wrong for his block? Please answer that question. It is a violent game but there are also rules. You keep trying to say the same thing over and over again but you really have no fucking point. Late is late whether it is 2 seconds, 5 seconds or 10 seconds.

    Does it really matter when the last time Manning or Brady tried to throw a block? Does it? My question was do you think it would have drawn a flag if they were hit like Favre was? Not whether or not they would. I still contend it would draw a flag. You on the other hand continue to avoid answering the question because you know damn well I am correct.

    Who the fuck is complaining? We lost. We all agree it is a violent game. It is also a game with rules and if you can't face the fact that your team played dirty than keep thinking that. Every other unbiased fan disagrees with your thought. In fact, your own fans who I am family with disagree with you.

    You want to come into our site and call us pussies? Why don't you get your ass back to your own site. We are happy when fans from other teams come in here to talk football. However when trolls like you come in that is where we all have a problem. We have a few Packer fans that come in here and post all the time. They are welcomed with open arms because they like to talk football. Your only point is that Favre deserved to get hit and that everything was legal. Good for you. What fucking difference does it make. You won your superbowl now go on your merry way. It's funny that your team is one of the shittiest teams in NFL history. You have one good year and then you want to come in and talk smack? LMAO.

    The Saints won the game. We all accept that. Some of us (including me) are even happy for people like Brees, the city of NO and most of their fans. However fans like you don't deserve it and could kiss my Italian ass. Just remember this. You may have won the game by the score but our team beat yours in every facet of the game. We kicked your ass up and down the field in your house. Do you deny it?

  9. #119
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re:From A Saints Fan

    ejmat wrote:
    Are you just so fucking stupid or do you not know how to read?
    Nice. Classic ejmat.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Similar Threads

  1. Saints fan here
    By PAsaintsfan23 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 04:57 PM
  2. Hello from a Saints Fan
    By SaintsFan25 in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 07:43 PM
  3. What do U want 2 see from the O vs Saints?
    By hic-agvike77 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 10:40 PM
  4. Saints
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 05:02 PM
  5. Saints fan here.....
    By StarSaint in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 11:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •