Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sage to wear #2

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Sage to wear #2

great! his number will match his depth chart ranking.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

But I am the new Number 2 !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

#2 is just not a good number for a QB.
    I think he should be number 3 since he is signed for 3 years and is going to make 3 million per year.
    It only makes perfect sense.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Ranger is offline Coach

It's just a number, and I highly doubt he was demanding anything from anybody.
    I'm guessing he was trying to negotiate to get the number.
    They could have had fun with it, like I would have.

Had I been Rice, I'd have agreed to give him the number for a reasonable fee...also, I'd have a list of demands.
    For example, for a period of two weeks, when I said "Hit it!", Sage would have to sing and dance to "I'm a Little Tea Pot".
    Then, when I said, "My Little...", he'd have to respond with "...bitch."

These are wagers that my buddies and I do over here in the sandbox, and I feel that they more than compensate for changing a number.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I find this all very interesting in a kindof a "Read between" the lines sort of way.
    A few scenarios to stew on......

A.
    Obviously Rice liked the number and didn't feel he was obligated to give up the number.
    Maybe Rice believes he doesn't have to suck up to Sage because Sage won't be the cat responsible for helping Rice hit his pay escalators.

B. Obviously Sage didn't want the number enough to piss people off, including a talented WR who could in all likely hood help him hit his escalators.

C.
    Maybe this team isn't all about simple little crap like this and is soley focused on winning.
    Nothing more, nothing less allowing fans and sports hacks to stew over who has what number.

All 3 are probable in my little pee brain, however, I sure hope (C) is the right answer.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Ranger is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I find this all very interesting in a kindof a "Read between" the lines sort of way.

A.
    Obviously Rice liked the number and didn't feel he was obligated to give up the number.
    Maybe Rice believes he doesn't have to suck up to Sage because Sage won't be the cat responsible for helping Rice hit his pay escalators.

B. Obviously Sage didn't want the number enough to piss people off, including a talented WR who could in all likely hood help him hit his escalators.

C.
    Maybe this team isn't all about simple little crap like this and is soley focused on winning.
    Nothing more, nothing less allowing fans and sports hacks to stew over who has what number.

All 3 are probable in my little pee brain, however, I sure hope (C) is the right answer.

:
    Pretty sure we're a lot more concerned over this than those guys are.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Ranger" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

A.

C.

:
    Pretty sure we're a lot more concerned over this than those guys are.
    You are wise beyond your years my friend.
    Consider yourself bumped a column on the ole spreadsheet.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"midgensa" wrote:
    I am glad Sid did not give his number up. No offense to Sage ... I think he will actually be all right here ... but you are not big enough to come in and demand a number.
    He didn't "demand" anything.
    He tried to negotiate a deal with Sidney and it didn't work out.

The jumps to negativity are truly amazing sometimes around here.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

A.

C.

:
    D.
    Sage tried to make a deal with Rice (that's the ONLY way numbers change) and Sid turned him down.

Not a big deal.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Fits him.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast