Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Brewtal is offline Starter

Re:Sage vs. Webb vs. Tjack

Tjoke still sucks ass.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Brewtal wrote:
    Tjoke still sucks ass.
    I have to say TJ hasn't done well this preseason at all. If the coaching staffis basing who we keep on preseason then right now it has to be Favre, Sage and Webb.

The only thing TJ has reallhy shown me this preseason is he still can't handle pressure. I like how he is able to escape it every now and then. He's way more mobile than Favre obviously. However, Favre's knowledge of defenses and the mobility he does have far outweighs that. He's mobile enough to get the job done.

The Vikings really didn't have this problem last year. They knew who their 3 were going to be. This year, Webb has shown that he can play in this league. He provides a spark. Obviously he still has a lot to learn but I think his upside outweighs what we have in TJ or Sage for that matter. I don't have anything to back that up except for what I have seen. Webb is not ready to be 2nd string but if I were to choose right now I would go with Favre, Sage and Webb.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The staff has shown us all we should need to know. They had Brett throwing the ball, they had Sage throwing the ball, they had Webb throwing the ball, then they had TJ handing the ball off to protect him and not exposing him to the defense.

If the staff doesn't have the faith in Jackson at this point to put the ball in his hands and make something happen in the passing game then that says it all to me.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I'm just hoping I wake up some morning to see we traded Tjack, berrian, and an undisclosed draft pick to the Cards for Fitz. ahhh, that would be amazing.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't watch the second half but alot of my buddies were giving him shit about Jackson not being able to handle the pressure again

Lookin at the box score did he really get a chance?

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

V4L wrote:
    I didn't watch the second half but alot of my buddies were giving him shit about Jackson not being able to handle the pressure again

Lookin at the box score did he really get a chance?
    They didn't open the playbook up for him at all. I don't know why they don't, unless they don't trust him even in preseason. But he just hasn't looked good at all in this preseason. I think we should trade him for whatever we can get and keep sage and webb
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

ejmat wrote:
    Brewtal wrote:
    Tjoke still sucks ass.
    I have to say TJ hasn't done well this preseason at all. If the coaching staffis basing who we keep on preseason then right now it has to be Favre, Sage and Webb.

The only thing TJ has reallhy shown me this preseason is he still can't handle pressure. I like how he is able to escape it every now and then. He's way more mobile than Favre obviously. However, Favre's knowledge of defenses and the mobility he does have far outweighs that. He's mobile enough to get the job done.

The Vikings really didn't have this problem last year. They knew who their 3 were going to be. This year, Webb has shown that he can play in this league. He provides a spark. Obviously he still has a lot to learn but I think his upside outweighs what we have in TJ or Sage for that matter. I don't have anything to back that up except for what I have seen. Webb is not ready to be 2nd string but if I were to choose right now I would go with Favre, Sage and Webb.
    Agreed on TJ's performance. I think that Webb is way too raw to justify him staying on the roster, so we'll dump him and keep TJ, but in the end I'm not seeing the progress that we were promised.

Sooner or Later TJ has to realize that its not just about escaping pressure. There are a lot of instances that require the QB to deliver the ball accurately despite an incoming hit. Gus Frerotte understood that. Brett Favre understands that. I think if TJ can turn that corner, he will be incredibly improved.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the recap my friend

I really hope he turns it around, from what i've watched as well, he hasn't look good at all

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

V-Unit wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Brewtal wrote:
    Tjoke still sucks ass.

Agreed on TJ's performance. I think that Webb is way too raw to justify him staying on the roster, so we'll dump him and keep TJ, but in the end I'm not seeing the progress that we were promised.

Sooner or Later TJ has to realize that its not just about escaping pressure. There are a lot of instances that require the QB to deliver the ball accurately despite an incoming hit. Gus Frerotte understood that. Brett Favre understands that. I think if TJ can turn that corner, he will be incredibly improved.

-V-
    I agree with that. The issue I do have is this is his 5th year. He still has issues handling the pressure. If he hasn't learned by now it will be hard to convince me he ever will.

Webb's justification to keep him on the roster to me though is the fact he seems more poised under the pressure. He know's when to run where it seems TJ takes a little longer to make the decision. Webb has just as strong an arm as TJ and at this point has more of an upside from what I have seen so far. I am quickly losing faith in TJ (whatever faith I did have).

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I'd take Webb over Tjack.

Webb at least shows abilities TJOKE don't.

Accuracy one of them...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast