Re:Sage vs. Webb vs. Tjack

jargomcfargo wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    IMHO the order should be TJack, Sage, and then Webb. However, since we arent' going to keep 4 QBs, the question becomes who is the odd man out.

TJack makes a strong #2. I still don't think he is starter material, but I think he is one of the best backups in the league. I think Sage holds the most trade value for us. If we can I say we trade him and recoup some of what we paid for him. If not, keep him as the #3 and push Webb to the practice squad. If he gets picked up, no huge loss. He is an intriguing prospect, but nothing I would lose sleep over.
    So if you don't think TJ is starter material, who do you start if Favre misses 4 weeks with injury? Sage or TJ?

-V-

I'm guessing he would say Jackson looking at his post

Not many back ups are starter material.. That is why they are well, backups?
    True, but they weren't going to be backups until Favre got here. They were competing for a starting job, therefore one of them should've been starting material.
    I don't think there was any competition at all this year. The competition was last year and TJ won out.
    If the competition was last year Chilly had to be drunk or high if TJ beat out Sage!! :woohoo:
    I've never felt there was a competition. Sage was Spielman's guy and Childress never wanted him.

I don't care which one they keep, but Childress will go down with TJ if he fails.
    Amen to that!! He will go down once Favre goes. People say Chilly has gotten this team better each year and I what I say to that is Bullchips!! He didn't do anything, Spielman & Seiman got this team better. If you look at just about any position we are better than we were four years ago. A monkey could get better with better talent. Chilly's problem IMO is he is not an x's and o's guy. He can not game plan if we were not better than MOST of our Opponents we would lose way more games then we did.

E. G. 12 men in the huddle IN THE NFCCG. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT EVER!!

I wanted them to hire Singletary and beleive you me he will be a force to reckon with in SF next year. Mark my words, they are my suprise team this year. He is making them into a mean, phsical, talented team and it won't take long to see his personality on this team.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

jargomcfargo wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    IMHO the order should be TJack, Sage, and then Webb. However, since we arent' going to keep 4 QBs, the question becomes who is the odd man out.

TJack makes a strong #2. I still don't think he is starter material, but I think he is one of the best backups in the league. I think Sage holds the most trade value for us. If we can I say we trade him and recoup some of what we paid for him. If not, keep him as the #3 and push Webb to the practice squad. If he gets picked up, no huge loss. He is an intriguing prospect, but nothing I would lose sleep over.
    So if you don't think TJ is starter material, who do you start if Favre misses 4 weeks with injury? Sage or TJ?

-V-

I'm guessing he would say Jackson looking at his post

Not many back ups are starter material.. That is why they are well, backups?
    True, but they weren't going to be backups until Favre got here. They were competing for a starting job, therefore one of them should've been starting material.
    I don't think there was any competition at all this year. The competition was last year and TJ won out.
    If the competition was last year Chilly had to be drunk or high if TJ beat out Sage!! :woohoo:
    I've never felt there was a competition. Sage was Spielman's guy and Childress never wanted him.

I don't care which one they keep, but Childress will go down with TJ if he fails.
    Good reason to dump TJ. He's not the first QB that hasn't worked out. You can judge physical skills prettly reliably, but the mental aspect of the game appears to be a crap shoot.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I wish Chiller could just cut the cord with T-Jack. His loyalty to Jackson will lead to his demise. Jackson was hopeless against a stacked box. Although not as talented physically, Sage is a better decision maker, and has a chance of burning a defense that stacks the box - (assuming of course that Chiller gives him the green light to option out of a play that is destined to fail).

In hindsight it could be that the last statement gets to the crux of the problem. I've heard Childress say that 'the play that is called should be run regardless of how the defense is aligned'. He even had a run-in with Favre last year when Favre optioned out of some plays to take advantage of the defense.

To summarize, the problem with Jackson is Childress. If the QB's aren't given the option to change to a play that will work the problem is the coaches not the QB. :S

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

SKOL wrote:
    I wish Chiller could just cut the cord with T-Jack. His loyalty to Jackson will lead to his demise. Jackson was hopeless against a stacked box. Although not as talented physically, Sage is a better decision maker, and has a chance of burning a defense that stacks the box - (assuming of course that Chiller gives him the green light to option out of a play that is destined to fail).

In hindsight it could be that the last statement gets to the crux of the problem. I've heard Childress say that 'the play that is called should be run regardless of how the defense is aligned'. He even had a run-in with Favre last year when Favre optioned out of some plays to take advantage of the defense.

To summarize, the problem with Jackson is Childress. If the QB's aren't given the option to change to a play that will work the problem is the coaches not the QB. :S
    I would love to see TJ get an opportunity in another system; something like Arizona runs for instance.
    He may flourish there.
    Most quarterbacks come here to end their careers.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:
    SKOL wrote:

I would love to see TJ get an opportunity in another system; something like Arizona runs for instance.
    He may flourish there.
    Most quarterbacks come here to end their careers.
    LOL. Your statement can be taken so many ways. I agree Childress has held back a couple of QBs. I too would like to see TJ get an opportunity to let loose.

Johnson - Wasn't able to audible and in turn his play suffered. However when he left and went to Dallas he looked like crap on a pretty good team. Hard to tell.

Bollinger and Holcomb - It's not like they ever did anything before playing for Chilly. Again, hard debate.

TJ - Who know's what will happen if he ever plays for someone other than Chilly. To me, Chilly may be holding him back because of not trusting him. However, TJ has made himself look bad by not handling pressure with poise. Chilly really has nothing to do with that. I would blame the QB Coach more than Chilly. Where I do blame Chilly is the fact he won't admit that TJ wasn't and still may not be ready.

Favre - We all know Favre came to MN to "finish his career". However, not for the same reason or thought behind your post (At least I don't think) :laugh: . But we can't argue that Favre, a future HOF QB, had his best year or at least one of his best years under Childress. Is that all because of Childress? Hell no. It's because he is a confident, saavy leader. But he did flourish. At the same time, it could be because of the talent Favre has. It could also be because he knew he was mainly thre to manage the game. Regardless, it would be difficult to argue at this point Favre didn't flourish under Chilly's system. :laugh:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011