Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Sage vs. Webb vs. Tjack

Assuming Favre can lock up a starting job, the remaining jobs will be distributed between the three aforementioned QBs. I think its safe to say that Tjack has the 2nd string job locked up, so we have to decide what to do with Webb.

I'll try to make this unbiased

Tavaris Jackson

Positives- Should know the offense by now, mobile, Chilly's boy, has a cannon

Negatives- Can't consistently make what should be simple throws, debatably poor decision making, inaccurate, doesn't seem to have the smarts to play QB

Sage
    Positives- More accurate than other back up options, semi-experienced veteran, seems to have a quick release, doesn't get sacked much

Negatives- Weak arm, not as mobile as Tjack/Webb, has reached his full potential e.g. nothing special

Joe Webb

Positives- Hasn't failed yet, strong arm, very fast, extremely athletic, shows nice touch on some passes, good size, hard to bring him down

Negatives- Very raw passer, he's a rookie, goes to his check down too much, but thats rookies for you

Did I leave something out? Disagree with one of my +/-'s? What do you all think about our QB situation behind Favre?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Sage vs. Webb vs. Tjack

After todays game, I'd be in favour of dropping TJ. He still looks lost and confused in the pocket. Yes, its only preseason, which is why he gets another chance.

Webb is obviously very raw, and should never see a regular season game field for a year or two. However, I'd like to keep him, as I think he can be an interesting prospect.

Sage will never be any better than he is, which quite frankly isn't very good.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Sage vs. Webb vs. Tjack

I still would keep them all.

I see more upside in Webb than TJ.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Assuming Favre can lock up a starting job, the remaining jobs will be distributed between the three aforementioned QBs. I think its safe to say that Tjack has the 2nd string job locked up, so we have to decide what to do with Webb.

I'll try to make this unbiased

Tavaris Jackson

Positives- Should know the offense by now, mobile, Chilly's boy, has a cannon

Negatives- Can't consistently make what should be simple throws, debatably poor decision making, inaccurate, doesn't seem to have the smarts to play QB

Sage
    Positives- More accurate than other back up options, semi-experienced veteran, seems to have a quick release, doesn't get sacked much

Negatives- Weak arm, not as mobile as Tjack/Webb, has reached his full potential e.g. nothing special

Joe Webb

Positives- Hasn't failed yet, strong arm, very fast, extremely athletic, shows nice touch on some passes, good size, hard to bring him down

Negatives- Very raw passer, he's a rookie, goes to his check down too much, but thats rookies for you

Did I leave something out? Disagree with one of my +/-'s? What do you all think about our QB situation behind Favre?
    Sage has 2 years left on a contract (expensive inactive QB)

Jackson 1 but is cheaper

Sage was an insurance policy for Jackson, a younger Frerotte, someone to test/push Jackson or fallback to if Jackson faultered or got hurt.

Its Jackson's fifth year, keep him, cancel the Rosenfels policy and hope there isn't a fire.

Of course it is only the second week of preseason and decision don't need to be rushed.

Other option is to take Jackson's and Rosenfels' red jerseys away in the practises before the week 4 preseason game; a thunderdome if you will, run the blitz packages on them and keep the survivor. 2 QBs enter practise, one QB exits :huh: :woohoo:

Tina Turner can sing we don't need another zero in the background

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

The depth chart is in order as it is.

Tjoke > Sage > Webb.
    We're bringing purple back.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I think Sage should be higher than Tjack on the depth chart. He gives us a better shot to win, IMO, seems to make better decisions. But if Favre goes down for the season, we might as well rotate between Tjack and Webb, because I think we can all agree that we won't win a Super Bowl with any of our backups so we might as well see what we have in Tjack finally and get Webb some experience to see if he has any future.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Webb is out of the question. It's easy to rip on Jackson, but fact of the matter is way better than Webb at this point. Jackson looks way better than he did 4 years ago, and Webb doesn't even look as good as Jackson did in Jackson's first preseason game.

I think we need to keep Webb but the option should still be Sage vs. Tjack. That is up for debate. Sage has looked superior in preseason...tough to argue that one. But Tjack is our little engine that could (or couldn't) so you gotta factor that as well.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Webb is out of the question. It's easy to rip on Jackson, but fact of the matter is way better than Webb at this point. Jackson looks way better than he did 4 years ago, and Webb doesn't even look as good as Jackson did in Jackson's first preseason game.

I think we need to keep Webb but the option should still be Sage vs. Tjack. That is up for debate. Sage has looked superior in preseason...tough to argue that one. But Tjack is our little engine that could (or couldn't) so you gotta factor that as well.
    I agree completely. He won't make the practice squad if we try squeaking him on to it. I've heard several people say he's the most athletic person on the team, however, he's not a #2 guy, at least not now. Maybe someday.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

I agree completely. He won't make the practice squad if we try squeaking him on to it. I've heard several people say he's the most athletic person on the team, however, he's not a #2 guy, at least not now. Maybe someday.
    yep...MAYBE someday.

I'd still like to see him get some reps at WR. He has play-making ability written all over him. Maybe he has Troy Williamson hands...who knows.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

IMHO the order should be TJack, Sage, and then Webb. However, since we arent' going to keep 4 QBs, the question becomes who is the odd man out.

TJack makes a strong #2. I still don't think he is starter material, but I think he is one of the best backups in the league. I think Sage holds the most trade value for us. If we can I say we trade him and recoup some of what we paid for him. If not, keep him as the #3 and push Webb to the practice squad. If he gets picked up, no huge loss. He is an intriguing prospect, but nothing I would lose sleep over.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast