Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

I'mm not elated about the trade but I'm not going to fret over it either.

Sage whether we like it or not was our 3rd string QB. Personally I liked him better as a #2 but like Singer pointed out earlier TJ was good enough to fill in 2008 when they won the division with much less talent. But that said, I do not want him starting a playoff game. Sage would make me somewhat more confident than TJ but he wouldn't take us to the SB.

Reynaud - I really liked as a return man. The best we had. However, Asher Allen proved he can be pretty good too. Albert Young may be able to fill in as KR.

Not a great trade imo right now but then again I don't know the entire story. Fact is this, someone was going to be cut. This just allowed the Vikes to cut 2 less people and receive future compensation. Not a terrible trade either.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

vikinggreg wrote:
    FuadFan wrote:
    http://blog.vikings.com/2010/09/03/pending-physicals-vikings-trade-rosenfels-reynaud/

The Vikings on Friday traded QB Sage Rosenfels and RB Darius Reynaud to the NY Giants in exchange for an undisclosed draft choice in the 2011 NFL Draft and a conditional draft choice in the 2012 NFL Draft.

The trade is contingent upon both Rosenfels and Reynaud passing physical examinations with the Giants.

Wow who are we going to have return punts?

I see draft picks to use for trading up in the 3rd round to get 6th round talent
    Post of the day.

Tards

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    mnjamie wrote:
    Amen.

Farve goes down by week 6 and Tjack knocks us out of the playoffs with his "ho hum" check down passes.

Chilly and Tjack ride off into the sunset when season ends (no by their own doing). Along with Farve and PatW. The ride is over and after today, we do not have a single quarterback under contract for next season.

Thanks for nothing Chiller. Moron.
    How soon people forget that if not for T-Jack, the Vikings wouldn't have won the NFCN Championship in '08
    At the risk of banning I will edit this post.

Also, there is no way anyone could be serious when posting that so I'll take it as a joke.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Floyd wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:
    FuadFan wrote:
    http://blog.vikings.com/2010/09/03/pending-physicals-vikings-trade-rosenfels-reynaud/

The Vikings on Friday traded QB Sage Rosenfels and RB Darius Reynaud to the NY Giants in exchange for an undisclosed draft choice in the 2011 NFL Draft and a conditional draft choice in the 2012 NFL Draft.

The trade is contingent upon both Rosenfels and Reynaud passing physical examinations with the Giants.

Wow who are we going to have return punts?

I see draft picks to use for trading up in the 3rd round to get 6th round talent
    Post of the day.

Tards
    Yeah because this FOs history of drafting has been so terrible :huh:

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

singersp wrote:
    Freakout wrote:
    MaxVike wrote:
    People: remove emotion, become a GM...for a second.

Value for QB? Zero for TJack, except for in the Vikings System. No, I'm not a fan, but, he has more value here than anywhere else. At some point, we need to defer...

Reynaud? As a RB, goodbye. A WR, fringe, at best. Returner? Replaceable...no question.

This move is not earth shaking... at all.

For the record, I think TJack sux, and Rosencopter is worse.
    I'll be a GM.

My team is playing for a championship. Injuries happen. So I choose to trade my best backup QB.

My special teams unit has been bad for years. Reynaud is hands down the best punt returner I have on my roster and has versatility in case a RB or WR goes down. Can he be replaced? Sure but not with the season less than a week away.

I only move these two if I care more about the bottom line.

It is just stupid. I get the Rosen trade, Childress will never let his joke of a project Jackson go. That pretty much forced Rosenfels out.

Giving Reynuad away with him makes no sense. Give away a future conditional pick if a team needed motivation to take on Sage's contract. We need what Darius brings right now.
    A GM looks at more than just the last game (especially a pre-season game) when making decisions.

Since the day over-paid clip board holding Rosencopter arrived in MN, T-Jack, whether you like him or not, clearly beat out Sage for the #2 spot. There were times when they were neck & neck or Sage was ahead of TJ, but in the overall picture of things, TJ did it better & for less money.

Why would the Vikes pay Sage $3 mil again to hold a clipboard?
    Exactly...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Not that Sage was a great answer, but we are screwed or have to get lucky next year. Multi-year contract with TJ make me sick.

But then again...

Maybe Chilly's been tampering again and has a little something something from a certain quality aging vet that has 1 year left on his contract.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

I did like Sage and he would have made a good guy to keep the seat warm as the Vikes figure out to do next year or be a quality backup if the Vikes do find someone.

Darius isn't a great loss, he would never see the field as a RB or WR unless things go really bad.

As a PR, AA is doing better in the pre-season and last year Darius' stats weren't that great. So not a big blow there.
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

purpledoom is offline Starter

Webb has a lot of potential and upside but maan, he's probably 3 or 4 years away from being really good. TJ isn't as bad as we all seem to think right now, but I can see him jumping ship next year if he can. Hell I wouldn't blame him the way things have gone down here. Sooo where does that leave us for next season Joe Webb? Sorry but that's a joke.

purpledoom wrote:
    Webb has a lot of potential and upside but maan, he's probably 3 or 4 years away from being really good. TJ isn't as bad as we all seem to think right now, but I can see him jumping ship next year if he can. Hell I wouldn't blame him the way things have gone down here. Sooo where does that leave us for next season Joe Webb? Sorry but that's a joke.
    Why does everyone put 3-4 yrs on Webbs development. What shows you he's that far away? I'm not saying he's will be ready to start next year, but stranger things have happened.

I've watch all his play in the preseason and the one thing that I'm most impressed by is his poise in the pocket. TJ never looked poised. Maybe it's because JW can shed tacklers like he's covered in teflon.

His biggest problem, IMO, is accuracy, VERY IMPORTANT, but also I doubt he had quality QB coaches at UAB. Given out QB situation he might end up the starter sooner than later.

Remember the thing that got Chilly to move him from WR back to QB was his throwing motion.
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

purpledoom is offline Starter

Maybe I'm wrong, heck I hope I am. Just dosn't seem to be our kind of luck though.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast