Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sage

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Sage

Webby wrote:
    Remember when people were happy he would be here as a starter?
    I'll admit it, I was one of them. Oh well, I've been wrong before.

I think you are right on, Sage got so much play time because we are shopping him. Overall, he did pretty good. The stats are great, but I need to go back and watch the game tape before I can make any more of a judgement. Most of those stats came in the 3rd, and he wasn't doing nearly so well in the 1st and second.

IMHO the fairest thing we could do for Sage is to trade him. Give him a chance to at least be the #2 somewhere.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Before you guys get all giddy & agog about Sage's performance, do I have to remind you that he did it against the second stringers & their backups of the worst team in the league last year?

How soon people forget the Rams were 1-15 last year & their defense was the 3rd worst in the league (29th). LOL!

He might be getting shopped or at least getting a last damn good look at him before saying bye-bye to the $9 mil waste, just to make the Vikings more sure of what they are doing.

Or

With Jackson sitting longer, perhaps they are saving their starting QB in case Favre decides he isn't coming after all, just as a precautionary measure.

Most likely, it's a repeat of last year. Sage played the majority of the first game & Jackson played the majority of the second.

Same song, second verse.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    Before you guys get all giddy & agog about Sage's performance, do I have to remind you that he did it against the second stringers & their backups of the worst team in the league last year?

How soon people forget the Rams were 1-15 last year & their defense was the 3rd worst in the league (29th). LOL!

He might be getting shopped or at least getting a last damn good look at him before saying bye-bye to the $9 mil waste, just to make the Vikings more sure of what they are doing.

Or

With Jackson sitting longer, perhaps they are saving their starting QB in case Favre decides he isn't coming after all, just as a precautionary measure.

Most likely, it's a repeat of last year. Sage played the majority of the first game & Jackson played the majority of the second.

Same song, second verse.
    You said yourself on many many occasions that you don't learn from sitting on the bench so you of anyone should be calling for Jackson to be seeing large amounts of playing time in the preseason games. Let him try to figure stuff out here so when he gets in a real game he doesn't freeze up and miss hits shots.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

singersp wrote:
    He might be getting shopped or at least getting a last damn good look at him before saying bye-bye to the $9 mil waste
    9 mil over three years, so if I do the math he's been paid 3 for last year and if traded isn't his new team paying out the remaining 6 mill over 2 years of his contract? That would make him a 3 mil waste wouldn't it? When it comes to wasting money that's spare change to the Raiders

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I don't think anyone is going to trade for Sage. I think any team with interest will wait for him to be released.

I think Webb can make it on the practice squad. He was a 6th round pick for a reason. I don't think anyone is going to use one of there 53 spots on a guy that won't play based on pre-season garbage time.

Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:

Or

Same song, second verse.
    You said yourself on many many occasions that you don't learn from sitting on the bench so you of anyone should be calling for Jackson to be seeing large amounts of playing time in the preseason games. Let him try to figure stuff out here so when he gets in a real game he doesn't freeze up and miss hits shots.
    I do believe that, but that's irrelevant here. What's being discussed is what to make of all the playing time Sage saw last night & not whether or not TJ or Webb should have seen more playing time.

I merely pointed out that last year the Vikings played Sage for most of the 1st game & TJ played the majority of the 2nd game. I think we are just seeing the same scenario play out until & if Favre shows up by the 3rd preseason game as he did last year as well.

vikinggreg wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    He might be getting shopped or at least getting a last damn good look at him before saying bye-bye to the $9 mil waste
    9 mil over three years, so if I do the math he's been paid 3 for last year and if traded isn't his new team paying out the remaining 6 mill over 2 years of his contract? That would make him a 3 mil waste wouldn't it? When it comes to wasting money that's spare change to the Raiders
    That's is someone were to pick him up & agree to pay the remainder of his contract. For $6 mil, teams would more likely wait to see if he gets cut before offering up that kind of ching for a backup. There'd have to be an immediate need for a QB & I don't believe it exits yet.

Plus, I don't have a list, but I do believe there are several other QB options out there.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    I don't think anyone is going to trade for Sage. I
    I think Webb can make it on the practice squad. He was a 6th round pick for a reason. I don't think anyone is going to use one of there 53 spots on a guy that won't play based on pre-season garbage time.
    I believe people said something similar about JD Booty & Tyler Thigpen. Both of whom are with different teams.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Those numbers are amazing. Where the hell did they come from? I don't care if it is preseason or the superbowl, 300 passing is sick. Wow. Lets hope we trade him and get some value in return.
    We're bringing purple back.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

V1K1NG L3G3ND wrote:
    Am I missing something here? Sage tore it up tonight!

23/34 for 310yds and 3TD's!

If anything I think buh bye Joe Webb, at least the practice squad.

I think Jackson might have to some more pressure behind him then expected.
    Yes, you must be missing something. Sage did have a good game, 310 yards and 3 TD's in a game (rather 2 & 1/2 quarters), is very good. You have to remember though, it was against a teams that went 1-15 last year. Correction, it was against a 1-15 team's backups.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast