Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Sage

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re:Sage

Caine wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    The fact of the matter is that the Pro-Jackson crowd is going to rip Sage apart no matter what the circumstances.

As Prophet points out, the same people who were defending Jackson for struggling because of his being "saddled" with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers are now blasting Sage because he succeeded with them. I think that if Sage threw for 500 yards versus the Saints starting Defense, the blasting and nit picking would continue.

At the end of the day, Sage played well...from all I've read (Was working, didn't see the game). He had a nice statistical game. BUT, it's preseason, and I'm not one who gets all fired up either way about preseason performances.

Caine
    Got any proof of this. As was pointed out Tjack has played very well in the preseason.

Some how you'll find a way to turn any topic into bashing Tjack or Tjack supporters.

Yes many are down on Sage, apparently including the coaching staff who prefer Tjack. Do you really think we should all be singing his praises after 1 pre-season game? I'm sure if the role was reversed and Tjack had 1 good pre-season game you would have nothing negative to say right?
    Someone needs a nap....

Before your knickers get so twisted that they cut off circulation, reread what I said. It's TRUE that people who have traditionally supported Jackson are bashing Sage right now. It's also true that their excuses for Jackson are now their indictments for Sage.

What's ALSO true is that it's PRESEASON, and I put almost NO stock in what happens in preseason. It's vanilla offenses versus vanilla defenses. You don't see the REAL teams.

So Sage had a big day - give him credit for that - but don't get too wrapped up in it EITHER WAY...because it's PRESEASON.

Clear?

Caine
    I wasn't getting upset at all, or trying to attack you. I was just pointing out that the comments about Sage were not out of line with comments about Tjack in the same situation a year ago.

In any case, Mars has it right. Who cares Favre's back!!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Overlord wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    I agree Sage is nothing special, which is typical for a Wilf/Chilly QB type. But refresh me on how many times Jackson has thrown for 300 yards as a Viking in either preseason or the regular season?

For that matter with the exception of Gus and Brett, how many QB's under Childress/Wilf have thrown for 300 yards in a game since 2005?
    Jackson has of course never thrown for more than 300 yards in a regular season or preseason game. His average for his career (6.7 yards/attempt) is not good, so it is not enough to simply blame a lack of attempts.

However, he has improved in that area over his career. He has gone from 5.9 y/a in 2006, to 6.5 y/a in 2007, 7.1 y/a in 2008, and 9.6 y/a in 2009 on limited action (21 throws). Anything above 7 y/a is good (usually about half the starting QBs in the league will achieve this on the season). High 7's or above 8 y/a is great.

I also would point out that until last Saturday, Rosenfels had never thrown for 300 yards in a game during his 8 year NFL career (link). Had he come close? Sure. And has he been better than TJ over his career in this regard? Yes.

But he's not superman based on this performance alone. And he is still 32 years old. It was a nice game. Not an epic one. As mentioned, Sage remains nothing special (at least in my mind).

Also, Gus never threw for 300 yards as a Vike with Childress (link). He came close a few times. I'm pretty sure Favre is the only one to reach the 300 yard mark in Childress' KAO during the regular season.
    Well, I do believe I started the post by stating very plainly that Sage is nothing special so it is with no problems at all that I agree with you 100% that he is not superman. In fact he might not even be Clark Kent for all I know.

And that just points to how insignificant Jackson's performances have been that they cannot even reach the standards Sage has set even with being anointed and appointed by Chilly,the viking god of evaluation.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

jmcdon00 wrote:
    In any case, Mars has it right. Who cares Favre's back!!![/quote]

+1 B)

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

He did make some good throws but he also made some not very good throws. Again, I am not going to say he played poorly because that certainly isn't the case. However, there were some poorly thrown passes especially ones to wide open WRs.

delviking is offline Starter

well with favres return were gonna shop sage, TJ got no love in the off season and web is just to athletic to let go of or try to put on PS ala Thigpen

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

delviking wrote:
    well with favres return were gonna shop sage, TJ got no love in the off season and web is just to athletic to let go of or try to put on PS ala Thigpen
    Or maybe, just maybe they put Webb in as the last WR, RB or another position so they can carry all 4.

My guess is they would not be in very good shape if Brett goes down in game 1 or we find out his arm went south and he can't cut it any more and suddenly TJ is the starter with Webb as the #2. With Jackson's durability and performance issues I can't see the team going forward without a safety net behind Jackson.

My guess is Brett would tell the team he wants sage there because they seem to have bonded and I would feel the same way about Webb being the #2 behind him if Brett goes down.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Purple Floyd wrote:
    delviking wrote:
    Or maybe, just maybe they put Webb in as the last WR, RB or another position so they can carry all 4.

My guess is they would not be in very good shape if Brett goes down in game 1 or we find out his arm went south and he can't cut it any more and suddenly TJ is the starter with Webb as the #2. With Jackson's durability and performance issues I can't see the team going forward without a safety net behind Jackson.

My guess is Brett would tell the team he wants sage there because they seem to have bonded and I would feel the same way about Webb being the #2 behind him if Brett goes down.
    I'd imagine, if Favre's arm wasn't all there, he'd be a great backup behind TJ.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910