Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Was it a safety?

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I thought it went right over the pylon on the far back corner.
    It was close.
    I don't think it went over the goal line on the inside of the pylon.


    It depends on the rule, which I don't know.
    So I am going to shut up now.

    The rule is the goal line extends beyond the pylons. He can reach around the outside of it & break the plane & still not be out of bounds.

    The question is, was his foot out of bounds before that happened?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: Was it a safety?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Rastak" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Based on the angles I saw it sure looked like it.
    That play should have been challenged IMO.
    The game made a turn toward the Lions favor after that call.
    It was worth a challenge.

    I completely agree on the challenge question. It seemed to me both live with my Binoculars and on the replay on the scoreboard he hit the pylon as he went out.....worth a challenge for sure.
    From the replay they showed on the megatron & it was a nice overhead shot of the play, it appeared he was out of bounds before he reached the line.

    Rastak, speaking of replays on the megatron, did it appear to you they showed gol 'darnit few replays also?

    I felt that way when I was at the Bears game with you guys.
    For the home team, there were like NO replys WHAT-SO-EVER !!!!

    That needs to change, as that is a HUGE advantage on close plays, such as this one.


    This would make a GREAT article for the local papers to investigate and report on for effective change for the home team, but no, instead they will continue to cry about their lack of access to the team and players in all of their articles.

  3. #13
    Rastak's Avatar
    Rastak is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    148

    Re: Was it a safety?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Rastak" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Based on the angles I saw it sure looked like it.
    That play should have been challenged IMO.
    The game made a turn toward the Lions favor after that call.
    It was worth a challenge.

    I completely agree on the challenge question. It seemed to me both live with my Binoculars and on the replay on the scoreboard he hit the pylon as he went out.....worth a challenge for sure.
    From the replay they showed on the megatron & it was a nice overhead shot of the play, it appeared he was out of bounds before he reached the line.

    Rastak, speaking of replays on the megatron, did it appear to you they showed gol 'darnit few replays also?

    They only showed one or two if I recall. I was screaming for a challenge.
    I actually had the binnoculars on Kitna during the live action and I was sure it was safety. I think Chilly really screwed that up by not challenging and I agree with the guy who mentioned the MeMo fumble. I told the guy next to me that none of that should have happened if the safety was correctly called.


  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Was it a safety?

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    I thought the refs did a great job today even with that call though. It was a pretty fairly referreed game.
    I thought they blew a call on Kitna where he unloaded the ball to the ground while he was still in the pocket to avoid a sack. He should have been flagged for intentional grounding, but no flag was thrown.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: Was it a safety?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    I thought the refs did a great job today even with that call though. It was a pretty fairly referreed game.
    I thought they blew a call on Kitna where he unloaded the ball to the ground while he was still in the pocket to avoid a sack. He should have been flagged for intentional grounding, but no flag was thrown.
    I agree with the intentional grounding no-call.
    Kinta threw the ball no where near a Lions reciever, was still in the pocket, all before we were about to sack him and no call.
    I was waiting for the announcers to say something to the effect but of course nothing.

    The safety looked like Kitna did not make it out of the endzone.
    However I did not see a good replay, we really needed to see a reverse angle to tell exactly.

    Thank you Mike Tomlin for making our D strong or else we would be 0-5.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Was it a safety?

    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    I thought the refs did a great job today even with that call though. It was a pretty fairly referreed game.
    I thought they blew a call on Kitna where he unloaded the ball to the ground while he was still in the pocket to avoid a sack. He should have been flagged for intentional grounding, but no flag was thrown.
    I agree with the intentional grounding no-call.
    Kinta threw the ball no where near a Lions reciever, was still in the pocket, all before we were about to sack him and no call.
    I was waiting for the announcers to say something to the effect but of course nothing.

    The safety looked like Kitna did not make it out of the endzone.
    However I did not see a good replay, we really needed to see a reverse angle to tell exactly.

    Thank you Mike Tomlin for making our D strong or else we would be 0-5.
    If Tomlin can make a defense "gel" as quick as he has inspite of the fact of all the injuries we have had there, why can't the offense?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Was it a safety?

    I am sure on the reply the Vikings saw that they would not win the challenge, or they would've thrown the flag.

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Was it a safety?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I am sure on the reply the Vikings saw that they would not win the challenge, or they would've thrown the flag.
    That was my guess. It would have been to close to overturn & they would have stuck with the "judgement" call.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Was it a safety?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I am sure on the reply the Vikings saw that they would not win the challenge, or they would've thrown the flag.
    That was my guess. It would have been to close to overturn & they would have stuck with the "judgement" call.
    Damn you guys.
    Quit ruining the thread with logic.
    I thought that was against the rules.

  10. #20
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Was it a safety?

    As I was told the ball just has to reach the goalline, like at TD if it's the other way.

    And from what I saw it looked like he managed to get the ball across the line before he went out.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Safety Battle
    By hav0x in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 10:52 PM
  2. Safety.
    By The Dropper in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 07:22 PM
  3. QB+Safety
    By Matt Blair in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 10:52 PM
  4. Packers safety
    By RK. in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 04:16 AM
  5. safety
    By rkuriger04 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 09:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •