Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I also agree that you can get OL later onwouldn't FA. I would still say take the best player available whoever that is because we have enough holes to fll.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    I say why stop there? We should see if we can bundle JA and AP into a trade, and revamp our entire team.

Seriously though, I think trading AP right now would be a mistake, but like I said, if we can reverse Herschel Walker someone, I don't think I would argue it too much.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I believe that building a team starts in the trenches, but that does not mean you have to go for linemen in the first round. There are plenty of quality players available in the middle to late rounds who are perfectly capable of doing the job. They may not be "elite" players, but they are solid, and that's what you need.

I'd rather have a deep roster of solid talent than one or two "elite" guys and a bunch of scrubs on my O-line. Likewise on D, but it's a little easier for them to cover problems when there is a superstar lining up there.

You need your stars more at the ball-handling positions, RB, WR and QB. They will win you games, whereas most often a lineman will not.

So, my ideal team starts with a bunch of solid guys on both lines who will do their jobs and let the stars shine.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Brandon Albert and Jamaal Charles. Also a Safety but I think they cut Dajuan Morgan ( guessing that was his name).

I would like to see us get Alshon Jeffery. It's like paring Megatron and Peterson on the same team.
    Peterson still has atleast 4 elite years left and Jeffery should be up and ready by then. You have Jenkins on the other side, and Harvin in the slot, Rodolph at TE and this offense can rival any in the league. You would then have about 2-3 more drafts to address the OLine and Defense. I don't think you should make the mistakes teams make and go Oline when you have to ability to draft an elite speciality postion... Miami, Cleaveland, Arizona and a host of teams are all teams that have a great LT and still suck. Your oline is a living organizism and 1 position won't make it better. Draft elite talent and then you can allways sign a few more OTs. I rather have an oline made up of 5 players drafted in the 2nd -4th rounds than 1 top five pick and a bunch of bums at WR.
    I also agree with this. You can have one great lineman and still have a line that can't get the job done, as we've seen with Hutch on our team.
    Although left tackle is an impact player and should be considered higher than the 6th round, I think a speedy wide receiver with good hands,decent hieght and stamina would be worthy of our first pick.
    I'm also hoping for a middle linebacker around the second or third round.
    Then, cb, o-line, safety, etc.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    One of the rare times I actually agree with you
    In that case.... I want a punter with the 5th overall pick

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    We would never get what he's worth in today's NFL ..... He is the Vikings offense ..... He has been loyal to us ..... We should be loyal to him .... Looks like we have a QB now ..... O-line can be fixed with middle rounders .... Fix the secondary and add a receiver and we will be a very good team. Never trade a player like AD.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    This is a dumb thread. Do the Patriots trade Brady away for other players. Is Rodgers on the trading block in order to build the Packers? Are the 49ers trading Frank Gore away for linemen? Please...................

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    This is a dumb thread. Do the Patriots trade Brady away for other players. Is Rodgers on the trading block in order to build the Packers? Are the 49ers trading Frank Gore away for linemen? Please...................
    No, but perhaps the Colts trade Manning.

Tony Dungy Talks Peyton Manning Trade Possibility, Colts Drafting Andrew Luck

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Lets trade for Manning. Ponder can sit on the bench and learn from him for 3 years or so and then we can put him in. No need in throwing him to the wolves.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Lets trade for Manning. Ponder can sit on the bench and learn from him for 3 years or so and then we can put him in. No need in throwing him to the wolves.
    I bet we could have Kerry Collins for fairly cheap.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast