Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Kwearner is offline Waterboy

Sad, but the time is now to trade Peterson.

I love Adrian as much as anyone, but he is to valuable an asset not to trade.
    -Running backs don't last, he's in his prime but won't be for long.
    -We won't be a contender while he's at the top of his game
    -Ponder can at least help to keep the seats filled with him gone
    -Running backs can be replaced maybe not as good as AP, but look at all the undrafted backs around the league having success.
    -What we could get. Teams would buy high on such a great player and we could get multiple picks to retool the secondary and get Ponder a play making receiver.

What are your thoughts?
    If we only still had Kailee Wong

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Prepared to be flamed.

(lol, Ponder already filling seats)

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Since you're new, I'll be nice.

As I've already said in the other countless "Trade Peterson" threads.

First, and foremost, we WILL NOT get what we feel he is worth.

In a trade, we MAYBE get a first and third, but I doubt it. Unless we can somehow trade the 89 Vikings for him, we won't get much.

To us, he's worth far more, the excitement he brings to the game, the fact that defenses HAVE to key on him every play. Other teams have success with no-name RB's because they don't hinge on success running the ball. Without a stud RB, our offense is nothing better than brutal. Ponder MIGHT be a guy to carry a team, but not yet. He hasn't shown he can beat 8 guys in the box. He hasn't shown he can throw deep with any effectiveness. Our receivers haven't shown they can get open or even stay healthy.

Plus, we trade him, get a pick, what happens if he's a bust and we're left with nothing. That happened before (Randy Moss)

Point 2: Not a contender.
    If we draft smartly and if a couple of our younger players pan out, there's no reason we can't be contenders in 2 years. If Ponder, Cook, Rudolph, Loadholt, Erin, Abdullah and Ballard turn into solid starters, and we keep improving the roster, we CAN be a force. But we have to draft well and pick up a couple FA's that fill holes we can't fill through the draft.

3: Ponder filling seats
    Gonna disagree. People might come to see Ponder, for his first start. I'd be willing to say AP sells way more seats than Ponder will.

Last point you forgot.... Trade deadline has passed.

Only time we could trade is offseason, and that's IF we even get a team next season. If there's no Minnesota Vikings next year, I don't care what they do.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    I am sure that option does exist, but in order to trade someone along the likes of AP or JA, you have to hope to Herschel Walker someone, and i just do not see that happening ever again.

Also, Ponder will not really keep fans in the seats on his own.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I think we need to keep him because we will never get the kind of haul that the Herschel Walker brought in. If we could trade him to someone like the Colts or Dolphins for their 1st 2nd and a 1st the next year with a player like Marshal or Wayne I'd be down, but it's not going to happen. Right now, especially with our stadium situation the way it is, we couldn't trade him without getting the best trade in the history of the league, which won't happen. And the deadline is passed anyways. On a side note, glad you finally made an account.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    If there's no Minnesota Vikings next year, I don't care what they do.
    Sucks to think about.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    First off, welcome to the site.

But wow, did you ever pick a controversial topic for your first post. Nothing like jumping in to the shark tank.

The guys have already said it all, just like they did in trhe "Trade Harvin" thread a little while ago. The only thing I will add is this. If you think we ar struggling now, just wait until we don't have Peterson, and see how bad it gets. You simply do not trade away one of your very few bright spots in the hopes of getting better down the line.

This is a knee-jerk reaction to a poor season. It happens all the time, across the league, and fortunately, most administrations are smart enough to not give in to the fans' demands. And the Vikings in particular, would seal the deal as far as leaving Minnesota if they tried to move Adrian.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    I thought the same but that is before I saw how poised Ponder is. The only thing holding us back is management and whether or not they can figure out how to have a successful draft.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    This has to be a Packers fan trying to get a rise out of us. No real Vikings fan could possibly be this stupid. YOU DON'T TRADE A HALL OF FAME PLAYER! Period. We did that once, remember? How well did that work out for us?

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Who cares at this point? I'd be much more concerned with the Vikings playing in Minnesota next year.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast