Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

It’s Time to Move On

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/60817-minnesota-vikings-its-time-to-move-on

Not much is worse than a subject that cannot be dropped. Of course, there are certain matters that can, and should be talked and debated about as much as possible, but Brad Childress and the infamous quarterback situation is not one of them.

The Minnesota Vikings, and more importantly, their fans, need to move on from this situation. What has happened has happened, and there is nothing we can do to change it. Gus Frerotte will likely be taking snaps until the 2008-09 season has drawn to an end and Tarvaris Jackson will be lucky to see any playing time at all.

That’s just the way it is...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: It’s Time to Move On

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Not much is worse than a subject that cannot be dropped. Of course, there are certain matters that can, and should be talked and debated about as much as possible, but Brad Childress and the infamous quarterback situation is not one of them.

The Minnesota Vikings, and more importantly, their fans, need to move on from this situation. What has happened has happened, and there is nothing we can do to change it. Gus Frerotte will likely be taking snaps until the 2008-09 season has drawn to an end and Tarvaris Jackson will be lucky to see any playing time at all.

I like the sentiment. But if PP.O is any guage of opinion, this subject is far from over.
    Just give Gus one bad game and the TJ supporters will be howling. And some of the rest of us will once again call for Childress' head.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

I like the sentiment. But if PP.O is any guage of opinion, this subject is far from over.
    Just give Gus one bad game and the TJ supporters will be howling. And some of the rest of us will once again call for Childress' head.
    I fail to see why you are calling for Childress' head. Because of sticking with TJ that many want? For not starting Gus earlier? For not drafting a QB? What?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

I fail to see why you are calling for Childress' head. Because of sticking with TJ that many want? For not starting Gus earlier? For not drafting a QB? What?
    I'm not. If things go south and he has a bad season I may. But
    I'm saying others will if Gus has even one bad game.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Boy.. this sure seems like a Favre thread that Packer fans posted about a 1001 times this offseason.. glad to see we aren't the only ones playing the "Time to move forward" card.
    ;D

Seriously though.. a QB in your offense right now doesn't have to carry the team.. he just has to be given enough faith from the OC to provide a mere appearance of balance. If Gus can provide that.. then stick with him.. if not.. back to plan A or start the rook.

They did open up the playbook for Gus and that opened up the running game a bit. He came out throwing and that really helped. With a game under his belt I think he will just get better. Not GREAT but BETTER.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

So, what better way to "move on" than to start a thread about it...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    I like Gus and support the change. All I'm saying is this debate is far from over if Gus doesn't play well.
    Dilfer

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I like Gus and support the change. All I'm saying is this debate is far from over if Gus doesn't play well.
    Exactly... wait till Shank starts dropping TDs again, then we'll be back to square one.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Exactly... wait till Shank starts dropping TDs again, then we'll be back to square one.
    Hmmmmmmm...Am I the only one that thinks that CMD hopes the Vikings fail?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast