singersp is offline PPO Newshound

It’s Now or Never for the Vikings’ Passing Attack

For the Vikings, this game will be a perfect gauge of whether there's any hope left in the arm of quarterback Donovan McNabb(notes). Although the Bears aren't exactly pushovers of the defensive side of the ball, they are 27th in the NFL in passing defense. They've given up passing performances of 319, 270, 297, 374 and 219 yards, averaging 284 passing yards allowed per game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Run the ball.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

For the Vikings, this game will be a perfect gauge of whether there's any hope left in the arm of quarterback Donovan McNabb(notes). Although the Bears aren't exactly pushovers of the defensive side of the ball, they are 27th in the NFL in passing defense. They've given up passing performances of 319, 270, 297, 374 and 219 yards, averaging 284 passing yards allowed per game.

A fair amount of passing yardage but, they have faced Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Stafford and Newton.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Em...there still may be hope for Donny. I have thought of any idea for an ideal receiver for him.

Solution: Scour the free agency pool for any Oompa-Loompas that are looking for a shot. The logic being instead of McOnehopper throwing at everybody's feet, with an oompa-loompa he would basically hit them in the hands.

Also, on critical plays, it would be a lot harder to get called for too many men in the huddle because they are so hard to see.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't too happy when they brought McNabb in but as the season has gone on I have to admit that I am finally beginning to see the wisdom in bringing him in to mentor our young players and set an example of how to show up for camp in shape and ready to go. Now if he can clean a few things up things will be fine.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    As we watched the second Vikings game, my lovely wife and I started a new drinking game. In the spirit of "Hi Bob," and "Hi Mary," we now pay homage to the Bob Newhart and Mary Tyler Moore shows by drinking half a beer when McNabb fires over the head of his target or at his target's feet. I must say, we have been pretty hammered by games end the last 3 games.

What McNabb lacks for accuracy, and, he does, he seemingly makes up for in the locker room and with "the guys." A few years ago, I defended him against the rabid Eagles fans I'm so lucky to live amongst . Now, as Purple Floyd points out, I understand why they brought him in...I would just add that there really wasn't much of an option. Frazier inherited a shitty QB situation...smartly leveraged his relationship with McNabb and brought him in to serve 4 purposes IMO: 1) Give him the opportunity to resurrect his careerr (1 yr contract), 2) be a sacrificial lamb as Webb and Ponder learn, 3) win some games and keep fan interest high, and, 4) to teach Webb and Ponder how to be a professional QB. McNabb jumped at the chance for #1, is certainly fulfilling #2, and the jury is out on #4. #4 has not panned out, largely, arguably, due to complete inefficiency in the second half of games.

Enjoy your new drinking game until McNabb gets benched y'all!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    It must be difficult for McNabb considering he is one receiver short every time Bernard Berrian is on the field.

It is almost as if Berrian tries not to get open. It is the same as in the past two seasons. Berrian may be an OK guy, but he isn't even worth his restructured contract.

McNabb, and the Vikings need a deep threat. They also need the Packers receivers scouts.