Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 401 to 407 of 407
  1. #401
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    Brick wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    (Headed for dictionary.com)
    LOL. Do you have any linear graphs of how overthrows can be classified?
    I love how you make fun of those graphs, yet asked for proof that Jackson is improving... which was proven without question. A year later, you still haven't gotten over it.
    Oh ya, I forgot that he was a Jackson supporter. You realize that improving from bloody diarrhea to rabbit turds doesn't make you good, don't you?
    Okay. He's also put up better numbers than any other QB in his draft class the first three years in the league... Vince Young included.

    But these are merely facts. When you couple that with the WR corps he had... and the fact that he learned the QB position behind Brad Johnson, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb, etc, etc... you'll start to see the big picture.

    Some of us look at the big picture. Some don't.

    In his last 4 starts and the small (garbage) time Jackson got last season, his QB rating is well over 90 and he's played very well... people tend to ignore this and point to some performance 3 years ago where he messed up.
    First of all, including his garbage time where his longest throw was a 30 something yard dump to tahi is ridiculous.

    And good point, putting up better stats than Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Kellen Clemens, Charlie Whitehurst, Omar Jacobs, and Ingle Martin is definitely worth major props. Maybe you should take into consideration that Vince Young was very successful his first year, Matt Leinart was a backup to Kurt, and the rest either don't start or are complete crap.

    And before you make idiotic statements that Jackson put up better numbers than anyone from that draft class, maybe you should look at the numbers.

    Tjack's first three years- 3442 yds, 20 Tds, 18 Ints, 76.23 Qb rating, and a 58.4 completion %

    Jay Cutler's first three years- 9024 yds, 54 Tds, 37 Ints, 87.53 Qb rating, and a 61.667 compltion %

    (nfl.com is where I got the stats)

    Why do you say Vince Young included like he is so great? Jackson hasn't put up starter material numbers which is why he hasn't been a starter. Simple as that. And when you talk about his last 4 starts, are you discarding his start against the eagles? I think we all remember how that worked out...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVS13WNTtk

    I looked at his last 4 starts, and if 91.975 is "well over 90" then yes, you're correct. The problem with Jackson is that games like the Cardinal's game are not the norm, rather they are anomalies.

    I'm not someone who wants Jackson to fail, Favre to fail, or anyone wearing a Vikings jersey to fail. But that doesn't mean that I want Jackson starting, because I think he will inevitably fail. But if Jackson is thrust into a starting job next year, I will root for him. I just don't think it will do any good.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  2. #402
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    467

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    (Headed for dictionary.com)
    LOL. Do you have any linear graphs of how overthrows can be classified?
    I love how you make fun of those graphs, yet asked for proof that Jackson is improving... which was proven without question. A year later, you still haven't gotten over it.
    Oh ya, I forgot that he was a Jackson supporter. You realize that improving from bloody diarrhea to rabbit turds doesn't make you good, don't you?
    Okay. He's also put up better numbers than any other QB in his draft class the first three years in the league... Vince Young included.

    But these are merely facts. When you couple that with the WR corps he had... and the fact that he learned the QB position behind Brad Johnson, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb, etc, etc... you'll start to see the big picture.

    Some of us look at the big picture. Some don't.

    In his last 4 starts and the small (garbage) time Jackson got last season, his QB rating is well over 90 and he's played very well... people tend to ignore this and point to some performance 3 years ago where he messed up.
    First of all, including his garbage time where his longest throw was a 30 something yard dump to tahi is ridiculous.

    And good point, putting up better stats than Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Kellen Clemens, Charlie Whitehurst, Omar Jacobs, and Ingle Martin is definitely worth major props. Maybe you should take into consideration that Vince Young was very successful his first year, Matt Leinart was a backup to Kurt, and the rest either don't start or are complete crap.

    And before you make idiotic statements that Jackson put up better numbers than anyone from that draft class, maybe you should look at the numbers.

    Tjack's first three years- 3442 yds, 20 Tds, 18 Ints, 76.23 Qb rating, and a 58.4 completion %

    Jay Cutler's first three years- 9024 yds, 54 Tds, 37 Ints, 87.53 Qb rating, and a 61.667 compltion %

    (nfl.com is where I got the stats)

    Why do you say Vince Young included like he is so great? Jackson hasn't put up starter material numbers which is why he hasn't been a starter. Simple as that. And when you talk about his last 4 starts, are you discarding his start against the eagles? I think we all remember how that worked out...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVS13WNTtk

    I looked at his last 4 starts, and if 91.975 is "well over 90" then yes, you're correct. The problem with Jackson is that games like the Cardinal's game are not the norm, rather they are anomalies.

    I'm not someone who wants Jackson to fail, Favre to fail, or anyone wearing a Vikings jersey to fail. But that doesn't mean that I want Jackson starting, because I think he will inevitably fail. But if Jackson is thrust into a starting job next year, I will root for him. I just don't think it will do any good.
    Kurt Warner was actually the backup to Leinart initially. So, I can already tell I'm talking to someone with limited football knowledge.

    Then you make fun of Jackson's 91 QB rating?

    You also failed to mention the WR corps Jackson had... which most aren't on any NFL active roster.

    Again, people, big picture.

    By the way, Eli Manning played worse against the same Eagles defense the following week in the 2008 playoffs. Food for thought... again, if you want to look at the bigger picture.

    Maybe I should post videos of all Williamson's and Shank's drops while Jackson was QB? Hmmm... Those are a lot more than the one play you posted.

    The hate for Jackson goes well beyond the football field it seems.
    None

  3. #403
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    Brick wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    (Headed for dictionary.com)
    LOL. Do you have any linear graphs of how overthrows can be classified?
    I love how you make fun of those graphs, yet asked for proof that Jackson is improving... which was proven without question. A year later, you still haven't gotten over it.
    Oh ya, I forgot that he was a Jackson supporter. You realize that improving from bloody diarrhea to rabbit turds doesn't make you good, don't you?
    Okay. He's also put up better numbers than any other QB in his draft class the first three years in the league... Vince Young included.

    But these are merely facts. When you couple that with the WR corps he had... and the fact that he learned the QB position behind Brad Johnson, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb, etc, etc... you'll start to see the big picture.

    Some of us look at the big picture. Some don't.

    In his last 4 starts and the small (garbage) time Jackson got last season, his QB rating is well over 90 and he's played very well... people tend to ignore this and point to some performance 3 years ago where he messed up.
    First of all, including his garbage time where his longest throw was a 30 something yard dump to tahi is ridiculous.

    And good point, putting up better stats than Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Kellen Clemens, Charlie Whitehurst, Omar Jacobs, and Ingle Martin is definitely worth major props. Maybe you should take into consideration that Vince Young was very successful his first year, Matt Leinart was a backup to Kurt, and the rest either don't start or are complete crap.

    And before you make idiotic statements that Jackson put up better numbers than anyone from that draft class, maybe you should look at the numbers.

    Tjack's first three years- 3442 yds, 20 Tds, 18 Ints, 76.23 Qb rating, and a 58.4 completion %

    Jay Cutler's first three years- 9024 yds, 54 Tds, 37 Ints, 87.53 Qb rating, and a 61.667 compltion %

    (nfl.com is where I got the stats)

    Why do you say Vince Young included like he is so great? Jackson hasn't put up starter material numbers which is why he hasn't been a starter. Simple as that. And when you talk about his last 4 starts, are you discarding his start against the eagles? I think we all remember how that worked out...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVS13WNTtk

    I looked at his last 4 starts, and if 91.975 is "well over 90" then yes, you're correct. The problem with Jackson is that games like the Cardinal's game are not the norm, rather they are anomalies.

    I'm not someone who wants Jackson to fail, Favre to fail, or anyone wearing a Vikings jersey to fail. But that doesn't mean that I want Jackson starting, because I think he will inevitably fail. But if Jackson is thrust into a starting job next year, I will root for him. I just don't think it will do any good.
    Kurt Warner was actually the backup to Leinart initially. So, I can already tell I'm talking to someone with limited football knowledge.

    Then you make fun of Jackson's 91 QB rating?

    You also failed to mention the WR corps Jackson had... which most aren't on any NFL active roster.

    Again, people, big picture.

    By the way, Eli Manning played worse against the same Eagles defense the following week in the 2008 playoffs. Food for thought... again, if you want to look at the bigger picture.

    Maybe I should post videos of all Williamson's and Shank's drops while Jackson was QB? Hmmm... Those are a lot more than the one play you posted.

    The hate for Jackson goes well beyond the football field it seems.
    ]

    Where did I make fun of Jackson's 91 rating? I said that it wasn't well above 90 as you stated. Some serious twisting going on there. And for every drop I'm sure there were that many missed throws. Where do you see that I hate Jackson? Just because he's not good doesn't mean I hate him. I honestly don't know how you can look at his play and think he is anything better than a backup.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  4. #404
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    Where do you see that I hate Jackson? Just because he's not good doesn't mean I hate him. I honestly don't know how you can look at his play and think he is anything better than a backup.
    Here's the thing: In the "Reality According to Brick," anybody who doesn't want to get rid of Favre and install Jackson hates Jackson.

    This is mystifying to some of us who simply see Favre as the better choice at the moment.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  5. #405
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    Infidel wrote:
    Where do you see that I hate Jackson? Just because he's not good doesn't mean I hate him. I honestly don't know how you can look at his play and think he is anything better than a backup.
    Here's the thing: In the "Reality According to Brick," anybody who doesn't want to get rid of Favre and install Jackson hates Jackson.

    This is mystifying to some of us who simply see Favre as the better choice at the moment.
    You catch on very quick. That much I give you.

  6. #406
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    (Headed for dictionary.com)
    LOL. Do you have any linear graphs of how overthrows can be classified?
    I love how you make fun of those graphs, yet asked for proof that Jackson is improving... which was proven without question. A year later, you still haven't gotten over it.
    Oh ya, I forgot that he was a Jackson supporter. You realize that improving from bloody diarrhea to rabbit turds doesn't make you good, don't you?
    Okay. He's also put up better numbers than any other QB in his draft class the first three years in the league... Vince Young included.

    But these are merely facts. When you couple that with the WR corps he had... and the fact that he learned the QB position behind Brad Johnson, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb, etc, etc... you'll start to see the big picture.

    Some of us look at the big picture. Some don't.

    In his last 4 starts and the small (garbage) time Jackson got last season, his QB rating is well over 90 and he's played very well... people tend to ignore this and point to some performance 3 years ago where he messed up.
    First of all, including his garbage time where his longest throw was a 30 something yard dump to tahi is ridiculous.

    And good point, putting up better stats than Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Kellen Clemens, Charlie Whitehurst, Omar Jacobs, and Ingle Martin is definitely worth major props. Maybe you should take into consideration that Vince Young was very successful his first year, Matt Leinart was a backup to Kurt, and the rest either don't start or are complete crap.

    And before you make idiotic statements that Jackson put up better numbers than anyone from that draft class, maybe you should look at the numbers.

    Tjack's first three years- 3442 yds, 20 Tds, 18 Ints, 76.23 Qb rating, and a 58.4 completion %

    Jay Cutler's first three years- 9024 yds, 54 Tds, 37 Ints, 87.53 Qb rating, and a 61.667 compltion %

    (nfl.com is where I got the stats)

    Why do you say Vince Young included like he is so great? Jackson hasn't put up starter material numbers which is why he hasn't been a starter. Simple as that. And when you talk about his last 4 starts, are you discarding his start against the eagles? I think we all remember how that worked out...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVS13WNTtk

    I looked at his last 4 starts, and if 91.975 is "well over 90" then yes, you're correct. The problem with Jackson is that games like the Cardinal's game are not the norm, rather they are anomalies.

    I'm not someone who wants Jackson to fail, Favre to fail, or anyone wearing a Vikings jersey to fail. But that doesn't mean that I want Jackson starting, because I think he will inevitably fail. But if Jackson is thrust into a starting job next year, I will root for him. I just don't think it will do any good.
    Kurt Warner was actually the backup to Leinart initially. So, I can already tell I'm talking to someone with limited football knowledge.

    Then you make fun of Jackson's 91 QB rating?

    You also failed to mention the WR corps Jackson had... which most aren't on any NFL active roster.

    Again, people, big picture.

    By the way, Eli Manning played worse against the same Eagles defense the following week in the 2008 playoffs. Food for thought... again, if you want to look at the bigger picture.

    Maybe I should post videos of all Williamson's and Shank's drops while Jackson was QB? Hmmm... Those are a lot more than the one play you posted.

    The hate for Jackson goes well beyond the football field it seems.
    ]

    Where did I make fun of Jackson's 91 rating? I said that it wasn't well above 90 as you stated. Some serious twisting going on there. And for every drop I'm sure there were that many missed throws. Where do you see that I hate Jackson? Just because he's not good doesn't mean I hate him. I honestly don't know how you can look at his play and think he is anything better than a backup.
    If I may advise not to bother getting into this. Brick, as knowledgeable as he is, looks at QB rating as the final tell all. In the past he hasn't taken into account the lack of sample size or the inconsistencies when making a determination on how good TJ is.

    If you let it be you may save yourself some high blood pressure. Trust me.

  7. #407
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    It's ok as long as you don't take it too seriously.....if you keep the right attitude your blood pressure won't go up at all.

    Brick is tenacious, but he's mostly sting like a butterfly, dance like a deranged bee and hold on like a bulldog.



    If you let him push your buttons it's your own fault.

    Just have fun with it.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook
    By MulletMullitia in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 06:49 PM
  2. Bob Sansevere: Vikings OL Ryan Cook
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 01:04 PM
  3. Ryan Cook missed the OTA yesterday!!!
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 03:08 PM
  4. Ryan Cook - Settling In
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 11:14 AM
  5. Ryan Cook: A Chip On His Shoulder
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 02:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •