Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 407
  1. #101
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Thought I would repost this. Even Cook knows.

    [size=12pt]Ryan Cook not surprised to lose starting job for Minnesota Vikings [/size]

    Cook's job now is to be the "swingman" who can play multiple positions as needed, the role Hicks held.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8826710/Ryan-Cook-not-surprised-to-lose-starting-job-for-Minnesota-Vikings-?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5
    Cook's problems last year are easily fixed.
    All teams have guys on the line that fill in as needed.
    I'm not down on Cook, think he will work out fine.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #102
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Thought I would repost this. Even Cook knows.

    [size=12pt]Ryan Cook not surprised to lose starting job for Minnesota Vikings [/size]

    Cook's job now is to be the "swingman" who can play multiple positions as needed, the role Hicks held.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8826710/Ryan-Cook-not-surprised-to-lose-starting-job-for-Minnesota-Vikings-?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5
    Cook's problems last year are easily fixed.
    All teams have guys on the line that fill in as needed.
    I'm not down on Cook, think he will work out fine.
    i'm' glad he's gonna be a back up... he can't pass block for shit!...

  3. #103
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Thought I would repost this. Even Cook knows.

    [size=12pt]Ryan Cook not surprised to lose starting job for Minnesota Vikings [/size]

    Cook's job now is to be the "swingman" who can play multiple positions as needed, the role Hicks held.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8826710/Ryan-Cook-not-surprised-to-lose-starting-job-for-Minnesota-Vikings-?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5
    Cook's problems last year are easily fixed.
    All teams have guys on the line that fill in as needed.
    I'm not down on Cook, think he will work out fine.
    i'm' glad he's gonna be a back up... he can't pass block for shit!...
    Does anyone realize this article was during the 2008 season when Cook lost his job?
    Yes, he lost his job to Hicks.
    Hicks got hurt and Cook started again.
    Cook improved toward the end of the season (not that it's saying much) but he kept the starting job even though Hicks could play.
    As of now Cook is still slated as the starter. C an it change?
    Yes.
    I hope it does.
    But he finished the season with the starting role and until we hear different he is still slated as the starter.

  4. #104
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,469

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Thought I would repost this. Even Cook knows.

    [size=12pt]Ryan Cook not surprised to lose starting job for Minnesota Vikings [/size]

    Cook's job now is to be the "swingman" who can play multiple positions as needed, the role Hicks held.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8826710/Ryan-Cook-not-surprised-to-lose-starting-job-for-Minnesota-Vikings-?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5
    Cook's problems last year are easily fixed.
    All teams have guys on the line that fill in as needed.
    I'm not down on Cook, think he will work out fine.
    i'm' glad he's gonna be a back up... he can't pass block for pooh!...
    Does anyone realize this article was during the 2008 season when Cook lost his job?
    Yes, he lost his job to Hicks.
    Hicks got hurt and Cook started again.
    Cook improved toward the end of the season (not that it's saying much) but he kept the starting job even though Hicks could play.
    As of now Cook is still slated as the starter. C an it change?
    Yes.
    I hope it does.
    But he finished the season with the starting role and until we hear different he is still slated as the starter.
    Yes he did play better later in the season. It is not like learning to play tackle is an easy proposition. He is not the reason we were not as good as we should have been last season. Draw your own conclusion.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  5. #105
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    I smell a trde regarding cook, just a hunch. Maybe a 5th 6th rounder LOL

  6. #106
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,469

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    "Nephilim" wrote:
    I smell a trde regarding cook, just a hunch. Maybe a 5th 6th rounder LOL
    do you think maybe cook was the hangup in the cutler trade? too much to give up?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  7. #107
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Thought I would repost this. Even Cook knows.

    [size=12pt]Ryan Cook not surprised to lose starting job for Minnesota Vikings [/size]

    Cook's job now is to be the "swingman" who can play multiple positions as needed, the role Hicks held.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8826710/Ryan-Cook-not-surprised-to-lose-starting-job-for-Minnesota-Vikings-?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5
    Cook's problems last year are easily fixed.
    All teams have guys on the line that fill in as needed.
    I'm not down on Cook, think he will work out fine.
    i'm' glad he's gonna be a back up... he can't pass block for shit!...
    Does anyone realize this article was during the 2008 season when Cook lost his job?
    Yes, he lost his job to Hicks.
    Hicks got hurt and Cook started again.
    Cook improved toward the end of the season (not that it's saying much) but he kept the starting job even though Hicks could play.
    As of now Cook is still slated as the starter. C an it change?
    Yes.
    I hope it does.
    But he finished the season with the starting role and until we hear different he is still slated as the starter.
    No. Hicks was on the injury report the whole end of the season. In fact week 16 he was listed as doubtful.

  8. #108
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Thought I would repost this. Even Cook knows.

    [size=12pt]Ryan Cook not surprised to lose starting job for Minnesota Vikings [/size]

    Cook's job now is to be the "swingman" who can play multiple positions as needed, the role Hicks held.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8826710/Ryan-Cook-not-surprised-to-lose-starting-job-for-Minnesota-Vikings-?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5
    Cook's problems last year are easily fixed.
    All teams have guys on the line that fill in as needed.
    I'm not down on Cook, think he will work out fine.
    i'm' glad he's gonna be a back up... he can't pass block for shit!...
    Does anyone realize this article was during the 2008 season when Cook lost his job?
    Yes, he lost his job to Hicks.
    Hicks got hurt and Cook started again.
    Cook improved toward the end of the season (not that it's saying much) but he kept the starting job even though Hicks could play.
    As of now Cook is still slated as the starter. C an it change?
    Yes.
    I hope it does.
    But he finished the season with the starting role and until we hear different he is still slated as the starter.
    No. Hicks was on the injury report the whole end of the season. In fact week 16 he was listed as doubtful.
    Is that true?
    I didn't realize that.
    To be honest this is so ridiculous.
    Who really cares at this point who is the starter?
    All I know is Cook was the starter at the end of the season.
    The current depth charts show him as the starter.
    That is all I can go by.
    Does it mean he is the sure starter in September?
    Nope.
    Nor does it mean Hicks is.
    It only means that Cook is slated as a starter right now according to current depth charts.
    That's all.
    That won't chance until later this year.

    I'm not saying I am right or you are wrong here.
    The fact is no one is because we are in the off season and things can happen between now and then that change.
    But just going by current depth charts Cook is the starter.
    That's all I can base my thought on.

  9. #109
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=48492.msg926721#msg926721 date=1237998465]
    Thought I would repost this. Even Cook knows.

    [size=12pt]Ryan Cook not surprised to lose starting job for Minnesota Vikings [/size]

    Cook's job now is to be the "swingman" who can play multiple positions as needed, the role Hicks held.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8826710/Ryan-Cook-not-surprised-to-lose-starting-job-for-Minnesota-Vikings-?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5
    Cook's problems last year are easily fixed.
    All teams have guys on the line that fill in as needed.
    I'm not down on Cook, think he will work out fine.
    i'm' glad he's gonna be a back up... he can't pass block for shit!...
    Does anyone realize this article was during the 2008 season when Cook lost his job?
    Yes, he lost his job to Hicks.
    Hicks got hurt and Cook started again.
    Cook improved toward the end of the season (not that it's saying much) but he kept the starting job even though Hicks could play.
    As of now Cook is still slated as the starter. C an it change?
    Yes.
    I hope it does.
    But he finished the season with the starting role and until we hear different he is still slated as the starter.
    No. Hicks was on the injury report the whole end of the season. In fact week 16 he was listed as doubtful.
    Is that true?
    I didn't realize that.
    To be honest this is so ridiculous.
    Who really cares at this point who is the starter?
    All I know is Cook was the starter at the end of the season.
    The current depth charts show him as the starter.
    That is all I can go by.
    Does it mean he is the sure starter in September?
    Nope.
    Nor does it mean Hicks is.
    It only means that Cook is slated as a starter right now according to current depth charts.
    That's all.
    That won't chance until later this year.

    I'm not saying I am right or you are wrong here.
    The fact is no one is because we are in the off season and things can happen between now and then that change.
    But just going by current depth charts Cook is the starter.
    That's all I can base my thought on.
    [/quote]

    I understand your viewpoint, I just don't agree.
    ;D

    http://www.nfl.com/teams/injuries?team=MIN&week=16

  10. #110
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Ryan Cook, Just flat out not cutting it

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=48492.msg926730#msg926730 date=1237999045]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=48492.msg926721#msg926721 date=1237998465]
    Thought I would repost this. Even Cook knows.

    [size=12pt]Ryan Cook not surprised to lose starting job for Minnesota Vikings [/size]

    Cook's job now is to be the "swingman" who can play multiple positions as needed, the role Hicks held.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8826710/Ryan-Cook-not-surprised-to-lose-starting-job-for-Minnesota-Vikings-?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5
    Cook's problems last year are easily fixed.
    All teams have guys on the line that fill in as needed.
    I'm not down on Cook, think he will work out fine.
    i'm' glad he's gonna be a back up... he can't pass block for shit!...
    Does anyone realize this article was during the 2008 season when Cook lost his job?
    Yes, he lost his job to Hicks.
    Hicks got hurt and Cook started again.
    Cook improved toward the end of the season (not that it's saying much) but he kept the starting job even though Hicks could play.
    As of now Cook is still slated as the starter. C an it change?
    Yes.
    I hope it does.
    But he finished the season with the starting role and until we hear different he is still slated as the starter.
    No. Hicks was on the injury report the whole end of the season. In fact week 16 he was listed as doubtful.
    Is that true?
    I didn't realize that.
    To be honest this is so ridiculous.
    Who really cares at this point who is the starter?
    All I know is Cook was the starter at the end of the season.
    The current depth charts show him as the starter.
    That is all I can go by.
    Does it mean he is the sure starter in September?
    Nope.
    Nor does it mean Hicks is.
    It only means that Cook is slated as a starter right now according to current depth charts.
    That's all.
    That won't chance until later this year.

    I'm not saying I am right or you are wrong here.
    The fact is no one is because we are in the off season and things can happen between now and then that change.
    But just going by current depth charts Cook is the starter.
    That's all I can base my thought on.
    [/quote]

    I understand your viewpoint, I just don't agree.
    ;D

    http://www.nfl.com/teams/injuries?team=MIN&week=16
    [/quote]

    That's cool.
    We don't have to agree.
    This is an interesting topic.
    I believed you about the injuries.
    He was hampered all year but I didn't realize it was as late as that.
    ;D

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings re-sign Ryan Cook
    By MulletMullitia in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 06:49 PM
  2. Bob Sansevere: Vikings OL Ryan Cook
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 01:04 PM
  3. Ryan Cook missed the OTA yesterday!!!
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 03:08 PM
  4. Ryan Cook - Settling In
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 11:14 AM
  5. Ryan Cook: A Chip On His Shoulder
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 02:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •