Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Hey Marr,
    You no my love of Athletic WRs and Athletic DEs.
    I present Jadeveon Clowney, #1 draft choice of 2014.
    I've watched this young man plan and he is unstopable.

    I've watched him destroyed OLs this season.
    I thought this was a Warpig list.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by jessejames09 View Post
    Please don't bring up Pat, I haven't seen a 330 pounder (plus) chase down a RB from behind, in what feels like forever. The man is unreal.

    You got me so worked up I tried to youtube and google a video of Pat BOSSING an o-line, or running down the play, or his pick 6. Couldn't even find one video... Depressing.
    Love the bigs my friend. Absolutely love em. Anyone who can carry a keg around instead of a sixpack and still get it done is OK in my book.

    Another one that is surprisingly fast is Wolfok. Love watching that guy work a line.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Love the bigs my friend. Absolutely love em. Anyone who can carry a keg around instead of a sixpack and still get it done is OK in my book.

    Another one that is surprisingly fast is Wolfok. Love watching that guy work a line.
    Does totin' a keg and still being able to catch fish from a kayak move me up any spreadsheets?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  4. #24
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Does totin' a keg and still being able to catch fish from a kayak move me up any spreadsheets?

    You just moved up mine.

  5. #25
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    There is really no point in bitching about DTs when Kevin Williams is looking like his old self right now. And like you said, Guion is exactly what you're describing. Do you honestly believe drafting a fat DT in the first round is better than the best WR available or another serviceable Corner? I can't see the logic in that. Packers traded up for a "war pig" in Jerel Worthy this year and he's looked like a waste of a top pick.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  6. #26
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    First round pick if Marr was GM:

    fatfootball.jpg

    Don't let the weight deceive you. He runs a 4.3 flat right through triple teams up the middle.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  7. #27
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,915
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    There is really no point in bitching about DTs when Kevin Williams is looking like his old self right now. And like you said, Guion is exactly what you're describing. Do you honestly believe drafting a fat DT in the first round is better than the best WR available or another serviceable Corner? I can't see the logic in that. Packers traded up for a "war pig" in Jerel Worthy this year and he's looked like a waste of a top pick.
    Depends on who the DT is... I would give up Drafting Woods from USC or the guy from Cal for Star.... try to catch a Utah game. I believe you will be impressed by the devastation you see on every play. He has Dwight Freeney's drive with Vince Wilfolk's size. Incredible.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En9S...e_gdata_player

    Had the ends done their jobs, most of these plays are blown up.

  8. #28
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    846
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Depends on who the DT is... I would give up Drafting Woods from USC or the guy from Cal for Star.... try to catch a Utah game. I believe you will be impressed by the devastation you see on every play. He has Dwight Freeney's drive with Vince Wilfolk's size. Incredible.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En9S...e_gdata_player

    Had the ends done their jobs, most of these plays are blown up.
    I like Hankins more than I do Star. Hankins is one of those big chubby tackles that you think would be slow but is surprisingly very light on his feet.

    As for Robert Woods, I wouldn't touch him in the first round. I would take Allen, Hunter, and even Terrance Williams before him.

  9. #29
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think we can fill the DT in FA or later in the draft.

  10. #30
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    There is really no point in bitching about DTs when Kevin Williams is looking like his old self right now. And like you said, Guion is exactly what you're describing. Do you honestly believe drafting a fat DT in the first round is better than the best WR available or another serviceable Corner? I can't see the logic in that. Packers traded up for a "war pig" in Jerel Worthy this year and he's looked like a waste of a top pick.
    Although I am a strong believer in drafting from the lines out, I somewhat agree with you on drafting a WR in the first round of this next draft. However, I do not agree with the "best available" WR. That is what got us Williamson. Drafting out of need for a fast wide out, rather than drafting the best player available. If there is a bonafide receiver available at our pick, by all means draft him, just do not reach for a wide out. Right now that seems to be our biggest glaring weakness. If a stud DT falls to us and there are no 1st rnd quality receivers left on the board, I would prefer the DT.
    In any case, we will still have enough needs in the next draft that a player will fall to us in the middle of round 1 that will be able to step in and help.
    Always a chance we will pick up a WR, CB LB or DT in FA or via trade. Fricken Bores picked up Brandon Marshall for a middle pick last year. Not sure why we weren't in the picture for that one.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •