Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Running War Pig List for Marr!

Hey Marr,
    I want to provide you with a running tally list of warpigs you will be interested in. No need to wait till April to learn about them when you can catch a few of them during the college season.

1st up.
    #92 Star Lotulelei Utes
    6-4 320 Sr (4V)

I started scouting this guy at the start of the season and have yet to cool on him.
    He is simply a one man wrecking machine. I am watching the USC vs. Utes game and he is in on every play. Think a Haloti Ngata clone. He could have been a 1st rounder last year. He has USC double teaming him on every play. He stayed and got better. Below is an early draft profile.

" A full day of action on Saturday won't stop scouts from remembering the standout play from Utah senior defensive tackle Star Lotulelei, who demonstrated Friday night that he's well worth the hype. While his Utes were the victims of a stunning upset at the hands of state rival Utah State, one can't blame Lotulelei, who registered four tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble despite fighting through constant double-teams. Lotulelei has good power at 6-3, 320 pounds but what makes him unique is his burst off the snap and overall athleticism. The NFL's need for quarterbacks will almost certainly makes him a darkhorse candidate, at best, to be the first pick of the 2013 NFL draft but there are few players -- if any -- throughout the country who can wreak havoc on any given snap like this Ute defender"

Star Lotulelei*|*Utah,*DT*:*2013 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    For linebacker depth (because Spielman loves Notre Dame guys (but also because this guy will be awesome)), here's another player I'll add to the list: Linebacker Manti Te'o.

Here's a pretty good highlight video of him: Manti "The Terminator" Te'o - YouTube

Kid is a beast

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Great idea for a thread my friend. A couple that are on my radar....

Johnathon Hankins, DT

Usually wide-bodied players that weigh around 330 pounds are more run stuffers than pass rushers, but Hankins is both. He had a breakout sophomore season last year and firmly put his name on the NFL radar as a future top-10 overall pick with some more development.
    Johnathon Hankins, DT, Ohio State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Athleticism:
    +For a 310+ wide built athlete, he moves surprisingly well upfield
    +Able to mantain balance laterally through contact
    +Shows balance and body control for a nose tackle in the backfield when finishing tackles
    +Played a 0, 1, 3, 5, and 6 technique over the course of last season, showcasing versatility
    -Not overly great laterally in rush moves, canít beat to outside shoulders with athleticism

Overview:
    Hankins is a monster of a man, one of the widest nose tackles in college football. That natural size combined with his lower body strength and body control allows him to be at worst an immovable object for offenses to double teams. His ability to keep his feet and drive down the playside part of the line naturally disrupts both zone and man blocking schemes. His ability as a rusher is still raw, but for now, his power and burst off the line are enough to get into the backfield initially and win power battles to make plays in the backfield. With improved hand usage, better understanding of the defenseís gameplan, and a handful of rush moves to add to his versatility, and Hankins may develop into a future Top 5 overall pick in the 2013/2014 NFL Draft.

2013 NFL Draft: Johnathan Hankins Scouting Report | Miami Dolphins Draft - 2013 NFL Draft

You seen either of them play yet?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    The way it's looking right now, we will not be drafting in the top 10.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    The way it's looking right now, we will not be drafting in the top 10.
    No one takes warpigs that high.......At least thats the excuse most on here think we shouldn't have addressed the position before.

In short, might help me get my guy if we draft in the mid teens.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The staff is proving that we don't want or need a war pig. We need fast, athletic guys that can shoot the gaps and get to the QB. War Pigs are so 2008.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The staff is proving that we don't want or need a war pig. We need fast, athletic guys that can shoot the gaps and get to the QB. War Pigs are so 2008.
    Evolution is tough to acknowledge for us old guys.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Evolution is tough to acknowledge for us old guys.
    Then just think of it as us going back to 1993 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Hmmm, sure seems to be at least one on almost all top ranked D's. Heck, one could almost admit that we have one on our team in Guion.

When he pushed that triple yesterday I almost lost it. Watching him beat doubles has been a big big surprise to say the least.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast