Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RUNNING GAME?

Prophet Guest

Re: RUNNING GAME?

"ClanGunn" wrote:
    I am with all of you preaching Patience on the running Game TH o-line has to gell. C taylor has to get used to being the go to guy. And actually playing the whole game. I will Pass judgment two or three games into the season.
    The Vikings could easily start off the season 0-3.
    Doesn't mean squat if they are improving.
    A new O, D, Coaching staff, etc.
    When they meld, look out.
    Lot of people will be surprised.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "ClanGunn" wrote:
    I am with all of you preaching Patience on the running Game TH o-line has to gell. C taylor has to get used to being the go to guy. And actually playing the whole game. I will Pass judgment two or three games into the season.

Agreed.
    We could easliy go 0-3 before we meet up with Buffalo on week 4.
    Skins, Panther, and Bears ... three tough teams to start out with if the "O" line hasn't gelled for the running game to control the clock.

Again, as stated, as long as their is improvement each time ... the talent, which we all know is there, will take over and all will be fine in Viking land once again.

If the time table is pushed up and everyone is working as a unit, all the better.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I was watching a local news in the Twin Cities (Channel 4 WCCO) sports segment and one of their reports did a little overview segment on the Viking's, and one thing he said was the O-line looks great except for Artis Hicks!
    That so far he has not lived up to expectations, but I haven't seen this anywhere else and I can't find it on their website.

If somebody else saw this report, let me know if I am summarizing this correctly.

I have seen some reports that he was having a hard time switching for the left side to the right side but the reports said he was getting it down, but the impression I received from this report is that he is not doing well and this could be a concern.

We have Goldberg, Liwienski or Herrera all with experiance if he can't get the job done, but it is something that should be addressed now and not the 1st game of the season.
    If Hicks can be dominate on the O-line and be good not just serviceable then great, but we have some guys on the team that can get the job done and if a change needs to be made the Viking's coaches should do it now and get them a couple of preseason games to work with the starters.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

We could easily go 2-1 if everyone is geling; espescially if Portis is not back by week one.
    We can solve poverty today.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"theman" wrote:
    The running game is lame.
    (LOL that rymes, ehem sry.)
    The uniforms are lame, too.
    Peace out Vikings fans.

[img width=344 height=300]http://sk1pper.com/nerd.JPG[/img]

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I don't think that the Skin's are that great. We match up well with them. Sean Taylor on D makes me a little nervous, but I doubt Portis will be back in time. If he is, it will be limited. The Panthers have the edge on us & the Bears.....well they are the Bears. We have a good shot @ starting 2-1. The first game vs Washington is huge

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I was watching a local news in the Twin Cities (Channel 4 WCCO) sports segment and one of their reports did a little overview segment on the Viking's, and one thing he said was the O-line looks great except for Artis Hicks!
    That so far he has not lived up to expectations, but I haven't seen this anywhere else and I can't find it on their website.

If somebody else saw this report, let me know if I am summarizing this correctly.

I have seen some reports that he was having a hard time switching for the left side to the right side but the reports said he was getting it down, but the impression I received from this report is that he is not doing well and this could be a concern.

We have Goldberg, Liwienski or Herrera all with experiance if he can't get the job done, but it is something that should be addressed now and not the 1st game of the season.
    If Hicks can be dominate on the O-line and be good not just serviceable then great, but we have some guys on the team that can get the job done and if a change needs to be made the Viking's coaches should do it now and get them a couple of preseason games to work with the starters.

Anybody else see this report?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "ClanGunn" wrote:
    I definately agree! Those first three games are a challenge for anyone, but they will definately be good for our team.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234