Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Running Backs

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

Re: Running Backs

i am not going to be overly concerned about the running game just yet, yea it didnt look good in preseason but that was preseason and we just saw was the vanilla offense, now it counts, i think taylor or fason will come thru, moore seems to be alittle too much prone to injuries, so if the defenses wanna keep coming up to stop the run, then brad will pick them apart with the passing until they backoff then the running game will work, also we have pinner that we picked up, he will be ready in no time and he is really good at catching the ball out of the backfeild too..so will wait and see how it works out before i get too concerned
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

majorvikesfan is offline Waterboy

The key to Moores' success is him staying healthy' as with any of our backs. Personally, I think we are sitting pretty good at the running back position. Their performance will depend a great deal on the job our O-line does.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

MOORE has proven himself to be just as reliable as BENNETT . . . in otherwords "I'M MADE OF GLASS".

From the preseason, I can't help but be more than alittle concerned about the running game.
    For my money, nobody really stepped up to show they want the position and can handle the position . . . .however having said that, I also realize its only the preseason and I can't wait until 9-11-06 to see how we do against a very good defense.

Hopefully the preseason was just the preseason, and not a sign of "offensive" things to come.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

i agree on that, when moore is healthy he is good btu the key word is healthy, i would say if he gets hurt again and cant play for quite awhile that this will be his last stint as a viking, we are sitting pretty good at depth in rb's, so someone has to come thru and i think now that the preseason is done and now it all counts, we will see a big diference, i am praying anyways that we do
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The someone that will step up will be the O-line.
    I don't think it will really matter who is in the backfield when they start clicking (Should be 9-11-06) and start opening holes and protecting Brad.

I have been thinking of it along the lines of the Denver Broncos (I know that is optimistic) and see that whomever is back there will just have to hit the holes and hang onto the rock.
    Of course staying healthy is key and probably why they got all the new guys cause our old ones cant.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i agree that it all starts with the o-line and i am sure there will be some holes opening up, especially on the left side and i really like some of the new guys and if the old ones cant stay healthy or produce then they might be gone, i think getting pinner was a really good pick up for us
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vikingbill50" wrote:
    i agree that it all starts with the o-line and i am sure there will be some holes opening up, especially on the left side and i really like some of the new guys and if the old ones cant stay healthy or produce then they might be gone, i think getting pinner was a really good pick up for us
    So do I.
    I even put him in my fantasy league.
    On the bench of course but time will tell.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

well i predict that he might not be on bench too long as he will pass up fason and moore and if taylor doesnt do any better than he has done,,well we will see and dont forget about mathis either, he is on practice squad but he outperformed them all, i know it was just preseason but was still very impressed with him and his abilities..
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

We have two running backs who are very capable of catching the ball (taylor and memo) and fason and pinner will be able to relieve.
    I am not worried about the running game because I think we can keep all our backs well rested if we wanted.
    Taylor and Memo can mix it up resting each other, fason can do short yardage, and pinner can back up memo WHEN not if he gets hurt.
    We can solve poverty today.

yea and dont forget about our fullback that we now have in our system, richardson is awesome at short yardage and a excellant blocker too..that will be a big improvement this year too
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast