Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: running backs

tonytigr29 is offline Waterboy

running backs

i know we could use a three headed monster in running backs like phili did last year, but what do u think we will do?
    edb2f5921511c5473783a6a4e1c2f506

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

running backs

We will keep them all, for this season at least...

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

running backs

Can't have too many good backs. The Vikes proved that last season.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

running backs

I agree keep them all :arrow: there is nothing wrong with a good running game keeps the game moving, having said that :shaking: you still need to be airborne and having a great air delivery service, :scratch: sometimes it gets the job done quicker. 8)
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

running backs

I think we should keep all 3 of them, because they each have their own strength, which is what kept Def. Coordinators up at nights last year.

Bennett has the pure speed to take it all the way
    Smith has the agility to wear out defenders late in the game
    Williams is a classic "bulldozer" on 3rd downs

For any people who are in favor of trading (Smith OR Bennett), I suggest we wait at least one more year, and this is why...

Smith had a good year last year, for the amount of playing time he had.....but that was only last year. Let's see if he can be consistent. As for Bennett...he needs to prove he can stay healthy. Yeah, he's got phenomenal speed...but that doesn't do us much good when he's sitting or standing on the sidelines in his street clothes.

Simply put...trading at this point is just a bad idea. Let's see what Mewelde Moore can do before we start talking about trading any of our current provens.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

running backs

Since we have them all under contract, we should keep them all and see how they function together as a unit for this year!! If after this year there are people complaining about playing time, then trade somebody. Moe, will probably play with us until he retires, which will probably be about 3 more years, barring injury. We'll see how things work out though!! I'm excited for our backfield this season, it's gonna do some great things!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

UkViking is offline Rookie

running backs

Keep em all this season with the rest of the team doing their own jobs all 3 backs are capable of putting up good performances.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

running backs

Keep em'.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

running backs

I agree we need to keep all of them :!:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: running backs

"tonytigr29" wrote:
    i know we could use a three headed monster in running backs like phili did last year, but what do u think we will do?

The only guy we should even look at possibly trading is moe williams. He is getting near the end of his career, and we drafted a great 3rd down RB, in mewelde moore. It won't happen though, because we wouldn't get enough in return for moe(since he is towards the end of his career), and because we don't know what mewelde will do in the NFL. I personally think mewelde will be a really good 3rd down back in the NFL, but we can't trade moe away because we think he will be good. For this season, we need to keep all 4 of our good RB's, and this is definately what we will do. I don't understand why there is so much talk about us trading one of our RB's. There is no way we trade any RB this season. Maybe we are talking about it, since there isn't much to talk about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast