Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Running backs

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Re: Running backs

I said Bennet because he has the biggest contract and we dont need him anyway. I wouldnt care if we dropped O. Smith either but I dont think they will drop him if hes not accused of anything.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Drop O. Smith, if Moss was a distraction and he is gone, then O.S. should get his walking papers. Seriously, Moss has NEVER been suspended, and he is the best WR in the NFL right now. Do the math if we are making a point to get rid of guys that are affecting the team cohesion, then it is simple, get rid of Onterrio! Sorry pal!

Also, I think we should give C4 a serious look as this guy is going to be a monster.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Either bennet or smith. one is always broken and the other is close to a year suspension. but maybe fasion wont show anything in minicamp so we will send him to nfl europe for a year and keep all of the backs.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

If we are going to get rid of one of them and keep the other four, why not try to get something for him? After all, I don't think any one of those guys is far and away better than the others. In that case, we should trade Bennett because he's the only one that has any serious value at this point. I say trade Bennett for a draft pick or maybe a role player and keep the other guys. Plus, according to cba rules, you cannot cut a player because of substance abuse problems.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Ok, who's the funny guy who voted for Moe? :roll:

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think we will send Red Mcombs and O.SMith to the Bills for Henry. Then we will trade in Bennett for a new bedazzler so our new uniforms will be sparkly.

But seriously, I think they will hold on to them all. Tice is too big of a wuss to make a decision, and we needed every back we had last year due to injuries. That is one position you can't have too many people.

ROTFLMAO. For a big guy, he does seem soft. :grin:

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    If we are going to get rid of one of them and keep the other four, why not try to get something for him? After all, I don't think any one of those guys is far and away better than the others. In that case, we should trade Bennett because he's the only one that has any serious value at this point. I say trade Bennett for a draft pick or maybe a role player and keep the other guys. Plus, according to cba rules, you cannot cut a player because of substance abuse problems.
    Who is going to trade ANYTHING for Smith. He's on the verge of a one year suspension and his contract runs out after the season.

If any, I think Smith. And I think that the Raiders would sign him for close to the league min.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    Who is going to trade ANYTHING for Smith. He's on the verge of a one year suspension and his contract runs out after the season.

If any, I think Smith. And I think that the Raiders would sign him for close to the league min.
    I was actually referring to trading Bennett for exactly that reason. Noone is going to give us anything for Onterrio Smith, but we might be able to land an extra draft pick or something by getting rid of Bennett. Since nobody can say that Bennett is far and away better than any of these other guys, why not get rid of him? He's an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year anyways, he's eating up the most cap room, and he's always injured. So why not get rid of him?

Thanks PPE for the sig.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Why are people voting for fason? Why would we get rid of him, over onterrio? Fason is our future feature RB and might even end up as our starter at some point this season. I doubt we traded up, using our 5th rounder, to get fason, only to get rid of him.

Onterrio needs to be cut right away, along with cambell. When will tice grow some balls?

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

No doubt, Smith's azz will be gone. I think we will just let Bennett's contract run out after next year and won't try and sign him (injured too much).

That's IF, and that's a big IF, Tice grows some balls and does the right thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast