Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rookie444 is offline Starter

Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

I like it when people challange me, I am a arguer. But see below for valid reasons...

One of the main reasons Bennett couldn't break anything inside/outside last year was because the strongside tackle (Rosenthal), as well as his fullback (Kleinsasser), was sidlined for the season. With them back into the game this season, the outside and inside will be greatly improved. Kleinsasser is being noted as one of the best blocking fullbacks in the league today. The rushing game all depends on the blockers in front of you, it's hard having a running game with no blockers. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what 05-06 season brings. I believe MB will get close to 1,000 yds rushing. Remember I said that. With the tension / bullshit from Moss gone, I think every player on our team will have a clear mind now that they don't have to deal with his shit, especially Birk. Moss, didn't even try to block the corners much on running plays. That could be another excuse as to why the pocket/outside kept closing. Lastly, talking about consistency/big runs, name 1 RB that consistenly rushes or gets big plays. It just doesn't happen often for RB's. With the speed he has, MB has the best chance of making something happen on our run/play action.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

well we are full of injury prone players.. we should trade off Bennett, Birk, Erasmus, And Kleinny!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

MeMo...5.8YPC, 8.8YPCatch...why are we having this conversation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

coreyd is offline Coach

Out of all of the positions out there, I am most confident in the running backs. I think we have more talent in our backfield than any other team in the NFL by far. Only problem we had was keeping the order once it was figured out. Fighting for the position during the middle of the season accomplishes nothing but frustration.

I say its all good!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    MeMo...5.8YPC, 8.8YPCatch...why are we having this conversation?

against some of the most pathetic D's there are.. Bennett could have done that, maybe better no problem.. He needs to work on his blocking as well..
    I love Mewelde though and hope he can come in and start one day for us.. I see him being a Marshall Faulk type back.. Of course not as good and wont put up as good of numbers but he reminds me alot of him

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

"Rookie444" wrote:
    I like it when people challange me, I am a arguer. But see below for valid reasons...

One of the main reasons Bennett couldn't break anything inside/outside last year was because the strongside tackle (Rosenthal), as well as his fullback (Kleinsasser), was sidlined for the season. With them back into the game this season, the outside and inside will be greatly improved. Kleinsasser is being noted as one of the best blocking fullbacks in the league today. The rushing game all depends on the blockers in front of you, it's hard having a running game with no blockers. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what 05-06 season brings. I believe MB will get close to 1,000 yds rushing. Remember I said that. With the tension / kaka del toro from Moss gone, I think every player on our team will have a clear mind now that they don't have to deal with his pooh, especially Birk. Moss, didn't even try to block the corners much on running plays. That could be another excuse as to why the pocket/outside kept closing. Lastly, talking about consistency/big runs, name 1 RB that consistenly rushes or gets big plays. It just doesn't happen often for RB's. With the speed he has, MB has the best chance of making something happen on our run/play action.
    I am an arguer as well. You also have a great football mind, but so do I...

MM averaged 5.8 ypc a game last year, Bennett averaged 3.9. Now imaine MM with Kleinny and Rosenthal blocking.Bennett has the raw speed to run outside better than MM does, but you can't run outside every play. Then it will be too predictable. I would look stupid yelling at the T.V. because their would be a wide open hole that Bennett could of got 12 yards on but didn't take it and got 2. It would also make me mad to sit there and watch Moss barely even try to block. But now Burly is over there, and will block much better then Moss. MM also has great hands, he averaged 8.8 yards a catch, and Bennett averaged 9.9. Bennett can't touch MM's ability to hit the holes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345