Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

    Thank goodness we have training camp to sort this all out at RB.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  2. #12
    smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    409

    Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

    I think MB should start. My biggest gripe with MM is that he cant pickup the blitz. Last thing this team needs is for pep to go down because someone wasnt blocked. If MM gets down his blocking assignments and can start to recognize the blitz then I say let him have his chance but until then MB is the man.

  3. #13
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

    "smootpepper" wrote:
    I think MB should start. My biggest gripe with MM is that he cant pickup the blitz. Last thing this team needs is for pep to go down because someone wasnt blocked. If MM gets down his blocking assignments and can start to recognize the blitz then I say let him have his chance but until then MB is the man.
    I think he'll do better at it this year. He knows what he has to do in order to be our #1.

  4. #14
    smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    409

    Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "smootpepper" wrote:
    I think MB should start. My biggest gripe with MM is that he cant pickup the blitz. Last thing this team needs is for pep to go down because someone wasnt blocked. If MM gets down his blocking assignments and can start to recognize the blitz then I say let him have his chance but until then MB is the man.
    I think he'll do better at it this year. He knows what he has to do in order to be our #1.
    I hope so, i liked watching him run, but I didnt like watching culpepper takes hits because he missed his blocking assignment.

  5. #15
    Brax's Avatar
    Brax is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8

    Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

    Everyone seems to think Mike B. is injury prone and we should trade him or start someone else.

    My view on Mike is he is having a career a lot like Robert Smiths. Robert had a few early seasons where was hurt, but no one gave up on him. He turned out to be a great back. I think Mike B. has the same potential. Give him a little time.

  6. #16
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

    i agree with Brax.

  7. #17
    Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    691

    Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

    "mvikes84" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I think he is spot on.

    Starter: MB
    Spell: MM
    3rd down: MW
    Backup: CF

    Some here argue that Moore should start. I say we just haven't seen enough of him to say he is solid and not a fluke.

    I say give Moore a chance, he deserves that! Last time they gave him a chance to play, he played spectacular....I am not worried though, he'll be in by week two....if Bennetts legs can even hold up that long before he gets injured. I have no confidence in Bennett....its not his abilities, I think he could be a top 5 back in the NFL, I just doubt he can stay healthy for an entire season.
    In case you missed it, M Moore missed several games last season because of an injury so I guess he hasn't proven he can stay injury free either. MB has got to be the man.
    Ummm, no he didn't. The reason why he only played three games is becaue Tice only gave him 3 games. Then he got a very small sprained ankle, which Tice would of let him play, but Smith came back that next week.

    MM has got to be the man because Bennett is way too incosistent, doesn't hit the holes right, gets injured all the d@mn time, etc. MM had a 4.8 ypc last year, Bennett had a 3.9.\

    Yes, MM couldnt block this year. But I have a feeling that Tice and our RB coach will work his a$$ off trying to improove on that.

    Last but certainly not least, who had our only 100 yard rushing game last year.

    Hands down, this belongs to MeMo.


  8. #18
    vegasvike's Avatar
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

    "audioghost" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I think he is spot on.

    Starter: MB
    Spell: MM
    3rd down: MW
    Backup: CF

    Some here argue that Moore should start. I say we just haven't seen enough of him to say he is solid and not a fluke.

    I say give Moore a chance, he deserves that! Last time they gave him a chance to play, he played spectacular....I am not worried though, he'll be in by week two....if Bennetts legs can even hold up that long before he gets injured. I have no confidence in Bennett....its not his abilities, I think he could be a top 5 back in the NFL, I just doubt he can stay healthy for an entire season.
    And to be fair MB was looking good, damn goodin the preseason until that cheap ass hit took him out.
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z


    I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

  9. #19
    vegasvike's Avatar
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

    "givemossthetoss" wrote:
    "mvikes84" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I think he is spot on.

    Starter: MB
    Spell: MM
    3rd down: MW
    Backup: CF

    Some here argue that Moore should start. I say we just haven't seen enough of him to say he is solid and not a fluke.

    I say give Moore a chance, he deserves that! Last time they gave him a chance to play, he played spectacular....I am not worried though, he'll be in by week two....if Bennetts legs can even hold up that long before he gets injured. I have no confidence in Bennett....its not his abilities, I think he could be a top 5 back in the NFL, I just doubt he can stay healthy for an entire season.
    In case you missed it, M Moore missed several games last season because of an injury so I guess he hasn't proven he can stay injury free either. MB has got to be the man.
    Ummm, no he didn't. The reason why he only played three games is becaue Tice only gave him 3 games. Then he got a very small sprained ankle, which Tice would of let him play, but Smith came back that next week.

    MM has got to be the man because Bennett is way too incosistent, doesn't hit the holes right, gets injured all the d@mn time, etc. MM had a 4.8 ypc last year, Bennett had a 3.9.\

    Yes, MM couldnt block this year. But I have a feeling that Tice and our RB coach will work his a$$ off trying to improove on that.

    Last but certainly not least, who had our only 100 yard rushing game last year.

    Hands down, this belongs to MeMo.
    No one is taking anythng for MM BUT he was out longer than he should have been due to injury I dont like the whole RB by commitee but I was really lookin forward to seeing 3 tb/hb tear up the league and MW punishing runs on 3rd and shorts
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z


    I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

  10. #20
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: running back situation (mike tice speaking)

    Hey Brax, going back to what you said about Robert Smith. I see your point but the difference is Smith was our only good running back until we acquired Leroy Hoard. So we had to stay on Smith. I'm glad we did b/c he was great when healthy.

    This whole debate has gone on and on. We are all speculating on how much better MM is or how healthy MB will be. My thing is if you put them all together at the beginning of the season to be your #1 RB all season, who would you want judging by past performance?

    MB - Has been the starter since he was drafted. Crappy first year, we can't judge his second year b/c he had 1276 yards and 220 yards came from 3 good runs. Take away those 3 runs and he averaged 65 ypg. Even with them he averaged 79 ypg. He did show some signs of brilliance but he still had a lot to learn. Then he was hurt half the 3rd and 4th years. He has been inconsistent as far as running. He's not sure when to hit the holes. He's a good receiver coming out of the backfield and a decent blocker (which he had to learn a lot at first too).

    I can't sit here and say MM is our guy (even though I really like him). The same complaint could be said about him. He didn't display he could stay healthy and he was tired in the 4th qtrs. He hits the holes well and receives out of the backfield well. Needs to work on blocking skills. Shows a lot of potential.

    C4- Showed a lot of talent at the NCAA level. We will have to wait and see.

    Moe - Does everything just right. Has a lack of speed but makes up for that by finding holes when they are there. Can get you that hard yard when needed. Blocks well and receives out of the backfield well. A smart player that knows the porper techniques of the game.

    Overall I think all of the RBs are very talented in their own ways. All are unselfish. Tice has MB as the starter. I don't have to agree but it doesn't mean I'm not going to cheer for him if he does well. I have stated my opinion on this alot. I say if we have a chance to sign a proven veteran such as Henry for a cheap price go for it. If we have the cap and can get a back like James or Alexander, I say trade someone and give up a 3rd round draft pick and take it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tice Interview on running game
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 07:40 AM
  2. Bye Bye Mike Tice......
    By Muggsy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 10:38 PM
  3. Running Back Situation
    By alberta_vike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 08:57 PM
  4. running back situation
    By smootloot in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 07:44 PM
  5. Running Back Situation
    By howln4u in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 01:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •