Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    UkViking is offline Rookie

Re: Running Back for the future

O LINE is a priority,i think Memo can do the job but the guys in front have got to do theirs better. With a decent Oline even Tice could slot into RB position. :roll: :wink:
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    Umaguma, when has Michael Bennett looked good?

I don't know what people criticized me during the off season when I brought up the fact of trying to sign Alexander. Alexander is not old. If he is than I want to be old too. The guy is leading the league in TDs and yards. I'm glad everyone thought he would be a "cancer". The only tumor he's carrying is the football and doing a great job at it. I wanted this guy ever since he put a beating on us in that Monday night game a couple of years ago. He's a stud.

I have to agree a lineman is what the Vikings need in the 1st round at this point in the season. Then again, McKinney hasn't exactly matched his expectations. It all may depend on how well Finotu (spelling) does. I think Fowler did a good overall job the other day and if Marcus Johnson learns the game he can be a stud too. A running back like Bush would be great or even a stud linebacker is what we really need. Believe it or not, our RB core isn't bad with Moore, Fason, and Moe. Not sure what's going to happen with Whizzy but he isn't bad. Bennett will for sure be gone. I for one hope he is. I wish him luck because I like him but I just don't think he's good. Anyway, I want to beat GB. I'd like to see Pep break out of his funk.

I didn't critisize bro.. I wanted Alexander really bad too.. I knew it wasn't gonna happen though.. It would have been a steal for a 2nd or 3rd round pick

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I very much agree with the fact that we need blocking up front! The greatest running back in the world could not get untracked with our line blocking (not even Bush, Williams or Maroney).
    So while you all whine next year that the Vkings didn't pick up a good running back in the draft, remember the reason. And if, per chance they do get one I' personally shoot the person who came up with that stupid idea.
    I could take Del Rio and he'd get 6 yards a carry if he had good blocking in front of him! LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ok yes we need blocking up front, we all know this. But.....Oline can be found in rounds 3-6 ( we traded our 7th). Whats the problem with marcus johnson? He makes rookie mistakes. If we get another rookie, throw him in there on the line and exspect our line to become fabolous, it wont happen. We do need someone like Reggie Bush, someone who can pound the ball. We can easliy get quality O-Line in FA and later rounds of the draft. I seem to recall matt birk being found in the 4th round?

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

next years draft promises to be the strongest off line class in years.Therefore I would like to see us draft a stud runner with our first pick and then take a lineman with the second pick.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Does anyone else think we could use a stuf linebacker to solidify the defense. Let's face it, out LB crew isn't exactly turning heads right now. I think Newman has had the best year so far. I think Cowart is not as fast as he was and I really don't know if Harris is getting our Defensive scheme. Who knows if we will have the same one next year. I'm not a real big Cottrell fan. Like I stated befoer at this point in the season I think we need a OL. I do agree however that the 2006 draft should have many strong ones and there should be some available in later rounds. I think we need a LB before we get another RB. Not that it would be bad having Bush. Maybe we can trade if we do get Bush.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Hitstick31" wrote:
    I AM SICK OF EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT A NEW RUNNINGBACK!!!!!!!

Get a gol 'darnit o line first!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE ALL THE GOOD RUNNINGBACKS WE NEED!!! ALEXANDER WOULDNT BE SO GOOD IF HE WAS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! With ROSENTHAL AND GOLDBERG AND LIWENSKI BLOCKING FOR YOU, YOUR NOT GONNA GET 1,000 yards!!!!!!!!!!!! When will you bafoons start realizing that(SORRY)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a gol 'darnit o line first, look at the chiefs they have priest "nobody" holmes and turn him into the next erick dickerson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT dont matter about who the runner is and quite frankly all our runnigbacks except moe can still carry the ball for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! SO GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everytime I read one of your posts I just want to go "WAAHHHH!!!!!!!". It reminds me of Wayne's World..."Extreme Close Up! WAAHHH!!!!"

Anyways, I agree that we don't need a new RB. Moore should be our starter for a while, we need help on the OL more than anything.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M THE LEPRECHAUN!!!!

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Guys, we are ranked dead last in the league against the run. Linebacker Linebacker Linebacker Linebacker Linebacker.

Anyone heard Denny Green is interested in trading for Culpepper?

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"ejmat" wrote:
    Guys, we are ranked dead last in the league against the run. Linebacker Linebacker Linebacker Linebacker Linebacker.

Anyone heard Denny Green is interested in trading for Culpepper?
    Young linebacker that is playing one of the toughest positions to adjust to in the NFL as we have seen with Thomas and Henderson.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast