Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Running Back Controversy

It's going to be Chester, IMO. They signed him for a reason! MeMo will return punts and give a little time at running back, and I think Onterrio will get the 2nd most carries behind Taylor.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

I think we will want to start Chester but the real diamond in our backs is Onterrio, can't deny that. The guy is faster and stronger then all our backs, has Memo's vision and can catch just as good as Chester I bet. It's too bad he also likes to roll them joints and get high......

If it as up to me, I'd probably start Chester and mix Onterrio every 5 play or so...get Smith back into the groove and see from there which one does better. Sorry to leave out Memo- I just don't think Mewelde can be an everytime-back right now or in the future.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

Chester taylor - feature back
    MeMo - some third down/spell back/punt returner
    Ciatrik Fason - short yardage back
    Onterrio Smith - No idea. If Childress wants to keep the Whiz then he might get a little bit of chester and memo's carries

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    Childress already said he will develop the playbook based on the strenghs of the personnel....
    Without trying to turn this into a DC thread, but if that is true, how could they have already have sent him the playbook he's still developing on a laptop?

I believe the playbook will get put together after Childress gets a chance to view his team in the first minicamp.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Childress already said he will develop the playbook based on the strenghs of the personnel....
    Without trying to turn this into a DC thread, but if that is true, how could they have already have sent him the playbook he's still developing on a laptop?

I believe the playbook will get put together after Childress gets a chance to view his team in the first minicamp.
    The first round is a skeleton of the basic possible formations and philosophy of the system. The details of the individual plays and frequency of the plays would depend on the personnel. The foundation must be laid before the details can be integrated into the foundation.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Whizz is the most talented...too bad he cares more about the wacky tobacky! :sad:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    Chester taylor - feature back
    MeMo - some third down/spell back/punt returner
    Ciatrik Fason - short yardage back
    Onterrio Smith - No idea. If Childress wants to keep the Whiz then he might get a little bit of chester and memo's carries
    Ciatrick Fason was terrible in short yardage last season. Taylor fits that role much better.

I agree, whiz is the most talented! But we dont really know what chestor's like....considering we just got him and he has been backing up jamal! I hope onterrio turns around like krob (even though krob's wasnt as bad!), and shows that he was the SOD when ever he was drafted!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Running back controversy is exactly what this team doesn't need. I have hated it the last two seasons now and I really don't want to see it again. Give Taylor the job and put in MeMo for spell.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

onterrio smith is the toughest runner we have, and would be best suited in the short yardage/goalline role..taylor is the starter for us, and memo backs him up
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast