Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IdahoViking is offline Rookie

Re: RUNNING BACK BATTLE

I wouldn't be suprised if they traded up in this years draft, giving up one or two of our RB's for the 3rd or 4th pick. If not I think Tice's idea of a battle is a great idea. What could motivate a player more than knowing that there are TWO other guys battling for the job!

I see this as a win/win situation!
    Don't worry, I'll take care of it!!

mark is offline Asst. Coach

Cajun siad it best,they said the same thing about r. smith. I said it before bennetts the best back we have with smith a very close second.Hes just a different kind of back. Keep MM as a kick returner and insur. he couldnt start a whole year anyway.he played 3 games and srained his ankle and is still in the training room
    <!--
    sig -->

robert smith was a great back , but that has nothing to do with bennett . untill he's able to be productive and stop running scared , i say trade him for scottie grahm.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

oh somebody remembers old scottie lol.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

I think moore could be a good started ontario is a pot head but he is good and i have never really like bennet much he never does anything spectacular besides get injured i say give moore a chance :wav:
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

"thetrenches68OL" wrote:
    I think moore could be a good started ontario is a pot head but he is good and i have never really like bennet much he never does anything spectacular besides get injured i say give moore a chance :wav:
    comma's and punctuation are your friend :lol:

O Smith can be our franchise RB, I'm sick of hearing all the straightlaced/church going/born again idiots saying "get rid of his butt", I'd bet 45% of us on this forum toke on a regular basis, get off the high horse. I love Bennett's speed, use him on the screen and option roll out, O Smith is our up the gut off tackle RB. Mewelde Moore should be our spell the top 2 guys, and he can do it. We all know that nobody typically goes a whole season without injury, so I loved the fact that we have a full stable of studs. And then we have Moe, we need 1 yard we get 2, we need 3 yards we get 4... Moe still gets the job done, I love our stable, I guess what I'm trying to say is, there is no need to trade our RB's for draft picks, or to draft a RB this year.
    Yes, I want Mike Williams at no cost, trade up both first rounds picks to get MW, because he will NOT be there when it's our 7th.
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

RUNNING BACK BATTLE

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Trade Bennett, let O and MM duke it out to see who starts.

I have a hunch we are going to draft a RB though.
    how about trade bennett and Onterrio...and draft a running back to duke it out with me mo.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

thunderbell is offline Waterboy

2fat4uvike...o smith is a pothead..has always been going back to tennesse/oregon days..i am not one of your made up # of 45%..you pot heads always think more people are doing it than there really is...

BOTTOM LINE smith does not have a commitment to his team..one more bad drug test or drug arrest..1 year suspension..YOU CANT RELY ON SOMEONE WHO CANT TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES!!

do you remember his flu like symptoms that caused him to miss a game ??? he showed up late and hung over to film session..you cant trust smith.

bennett has proven when healthy tht he is a true feature back..he will get another chance to prove his worth to team..not going to make up some # for yardage this year but with jimmy k and rosie back on line should be much better year for running game
    when the storm bell rings only the weak run and hide...

Vikingryche is offline Rookie

All right all heres the scoop. The Vikes without Moss this year are gonna see 8 men in the box alot this year. Onterrio is by far our best between the tackles runner, thats what were gonna need.There are 2 sides to every coin, yes it would be good to have the big 3 backs on team for the depth, but on the flipside it can also be a cancer on a team, tryin to feed the egoes of Bennett and Onterrio in particular. I say deal Bennett, give Onterrio his chance, i think hes earned it. We are gonna see defenses we have never seen since teams have been preparing for Moss. Go Vikes!!!!! See Ya

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikingryche" wrote:
    All right all heres the scoop. The Vikes without Moss this year are gonna see 8 men in the box alot this year. Onterrio is by far our best between the tackles runner, thats what were gonna need.There are 2 sides to every coin, yes it would be good to have the big 3 backs on team for the depth, but on the flipside it can also be a cancer on a team, tryin to feed the egoes of Bennett and Onterrio in particular. I say deal Bennett, give Onterrio his chance, i think hes earned it. We are gonna see defenses we have never seen since teams have been preparing for Moss. Go Vikes!!!!! See Ya
    8 men is the box = good passing game! I am fine with that! Teams put 8 in the box against the Ravens and Lewis still does pretty good. :wink:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast