Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Run Peterson Early & Often to Beat Packers

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Packers are 11th against the run

Packers are 22nd against the pass with Clay Matthews.

Matthews is out this weekend.

Just saying..............

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    The way they get lucky with interceptions id rather take my chances with AD than put it in ponders hands, especially since we have absolutely no one that we can rely on to catch the damn ball.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    The way they get lucky with interceptions id rather take my chances with AD than put it in ponders hands, especially since we have absolutely no one that we can rely on to catch the damn ball.
    Exactly. We got lucky multiple times with dropped tip-up picks. It seem swhen we go over th emiddle, our receivers just can't catch it.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Let's see. AP is the best back in the league. Ponder is not the best QB in the league. Advantage AP. Early and often, late and always if you ask me. 7 yards here, 4 yards there. If my math serves me well, that's 11 yards. One more yard than needed for a first down. Did anyone mention that ALL DAY can catch the ball? 25 to 30 touches a game sounds good to me. Keep the clock moving, make the Packers defense run from side to side, keep Rodgers and co. off the field. Keep the Vikings defense fresh and hungry. It's an idea, anyways.

Em. What other choice do we have ?
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Em. What other choice do we have ?

You do exactly what we did during the last Lions game. You have an equal amount of passing & running.

Ponder hit 23 receivers in that game, none of which were named Harvin & not counting himself. 9 different people caught passes.

The good passing game helped open up the running game & AD ran for 171 yards on 27 carries.

A balanced passing/running attack, spreading the ball around & not turning the ball over were key to winning that game.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You do exactly what we did during the last Lions game. You have an equal amount of passing & running.

Ponder hit 23 receivers in that game, none of which were named Harvin & not counting himself. 9 different people caught passes.

The good passing game helped open up the running game & AD ran for 171 yards on 27 carries.

A balanced passing/running attack, spreading the ball around & not turning the ball over were key to winning that game.
    In the Lions game, did the coaching staff make it a point to get AP the ball or did the game dictate what the calls were? I wonder how many 1st down calls were runs and what was AP's avg. on 1st down. I really didnt want the whole offense to be AP, but you kind of stated my case with the stats. AP had great numbers because he had the touches to get and keep the motor running. So the balance that you seek seems to be hand in hand with the amount of times AP touches the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    In the Lions game, did the coaching staff make it a point to get AP the ball or did the game dictate what the calls were? I wonder how many 1st down calls were runs and what was AP's avg. on 1st down. I really didnt want the whole offense to be AP, but you kind of stated my case with the stats. AP had great numbers because he had the touches to get and keep the motor running. So the balance that you seek seems to be hand in hand with the amount of times AP touches the ball.
    All I'm saying is I feel we need a balanced attack of around 50/50 whether that means AD gets 20 carries or 30. We need to keep them guessing as to what we're going to do.

If we give AD most of the touches via handoff, 75/25 or more like some want to do, we become one dimensional, predictable & less successful.

If were going to target several different receivers like we did against the Lions, the time to exploit the Packers defensive backfield is today.

Not only is Matthews out, but Woodson & Shields are out as well. Take advantage of that opportunity or at least attempt to. With that many stars in their backfield, I think we'd look like fools for not trying to take advantage of it. Especially if GB's #11 run defense takes care of AD or we are behind like last week.

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    All Day has to protect the football, so we can upset the Pack today. Hopefully, Ponder can get somethings going in the Play-Action passing game today too! Must-win for us Vikings brass!
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast