Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Schulzy is offline Training Camp

Run to the out side

just wondered if any one else notised we ran to the out side alot in the first half of the Det. game and our ofience looked great we never did it in the seconed half and almost lost the game. In NY we only ran out side once (a reversile) and our running game was 19att for 16 yards

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Re: Run to the out side

That's because Michael Bennett sucks up the middle, which, unfortunately, is the only place you can go against the Giants, as they are a really fast unit.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

That's a good observation.

We should be able to run it all over GB, they have an even worse front seven than detroit, so it could be a big day for mike and mewelde. or at least we can hope so, lots of runs to the inside and out. if we can successfully run we'll win, good ball control is vital in the elements.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Well Green Bay with that vaunted defense should crush us right? I so can't wait for Monday night.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Schulzy is offline Training Camp

So we have a no tallent fast (very fast rb MB) and we don't try out side and have some moves but still has to prove our self MM who should work up the mid Do you guys see a big coaching (bad desission) being made

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Schulzy" wrote:
    just wondered if any one else notised we ran to the out side alot in the first half of the Det. game and our ofience looked great we never did it in the seconed half and almost lost the game. In NY we only ran out side once (a reversile) and our running game was 19att for 16 yards
    Against NY we had other runs to the outside. A lot of them were crushed in the backfield before we could even get outside though.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We should just do what we can do well and deal with the consequences as they come...trying to be something that we aren't is destined to fail!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i pretty sure we can run where ever we want to against the packers. look for bj to have his break out rushing game of the year. lloooollll
    We're bringing purple back.

CynicalVike is offline Starter

I'm not going to underestimate the Packers defense. They are 11th against the pass, and 14th against the rush, and are playing well right now. You know they are looking very closely at what N.Y. did to hold us down as much as they did, and will try to do the same things if possible.

Green Bay will have Fergeson back on Monday as well as one of their back up TE's who's been out.

I still think we will win, but it is going to be a battle.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

Del Rio Guest

The reason we abandoned the run to the outside against the Giants isn't because Bennett sucks, he has broken runs up the middle as well. You are mistaken about the reverse being the only run to the outside we had several.

The strength of the Giants defensive line are the defensive ends. They are small, they are fast, and they are pro-bowlers. Their LB's are fast. Pierce is amazingly quick. I am wishing he was wearing purple instead of Cowart.

Even with the odds stacked against us we attempted to run to the outside and it was blown up. 5 yards back, 4 yards back....busted in the backfield.

I expect you will see both again this week. You will see the center pulling you will see the run going to the outside as well as the inside. Unfortunatley you will even see at least two draws even if we can't get the passing game going. Game plans change depending on the teams we play and how they react. The coaches are not catering to Bennett they are trying to adjust to the flow of the game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast