Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Rumors and whispers

I told Benny 'the Rat' to keep his ears open on anyting dats goin' on, an' dis is what he hoid:
    ==================================================
    • At this point, don't expect the Vikings to build bridges to re-sign free-agent DBs Corey Chavous and Brian Williams. Team sources anticipate Williams banking on a fine season elsewhere. Chavous isn't a true strong safety. Although the converted cornerback boosted the pass coverage, he also hurt the run defense when it needed an in-the-box enforcer. Willie Offord, a special-teams stud and sure tackler, could be auditioned for the SS job in 2006.

• With three first-round picks and NT Pat Williams on the defensive line, the Vikings' current front office considers a three-down linebacker a major need to solidify the front seven. DE Erasmus James came on strong at the end of the season, and if he gets stronger and improves his hand use, team observers believe Minnesota could have four Pro Bowl candidates up front.

• Could the Cardinals really be interested in a deal for Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper? Our sources in the Valley of the Sun believe it's possible, but only if the Vikings come to the team with a sweet deal. As the Cardinals proved in their trade talks before the season regarding RB Travis Henry, they aren't about to overpay for anybody.
    ===============================================
    I'll keep youse mugs informed.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Rumors and whispers

From what I've read Childress will make damn sure we have a solid O-Line & D-Line.

I believe it was from his PC.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SamDawg84 Guest

yar! we might resign chavs. i dc about brian willaims though. and we gotta keep daunte. unless the cardnals give us all their picks and anquan boldin. hehe

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

who in the hell is gonna be our QB if Daunte gets traded? Brad? Dude is 100 years old.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    who in the hell is gonna be our QB if Daunte gets traded? Brad? Dude is 100 years old.
    Seriously. We can't be taking QB gambles at this point in time. Though Brad did very well this season, he doesn't have very many more years in him, and we will need a good back-up behind him to fall back on.

By the way, this Childress means bidness, don't he? :shock:

I like it! :wav: :cheers:
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Y'know, I wuz just tinkin'. If Brian Williams sees what da Vikes are doin' as far as gettin' a new and highly thought of HC, an' da same for da DC, mebbe he'll tink', "Hey, mebbe I should stick aroun', y'know?" Yeah, he could get more money wit' anudda team, but, hey, I would be interested in playin' onna team dat was goin' places, y'know?

Especially with us gettin' dis Tomlin guy, a defensive backs coach. I would be droolin', myself. Course, I do a lot of dat anyways....
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

We could Draft Vince Young and develope him under Brad for about a year. Thats IF we did trade C-Pepp, which I hope and dont think we will.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper will stay. The only way I seem him gone is if we get a top 3 pick and more, which is unliekly to happen.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"OldManVike" wrote:
    I told Benny 'the Rat' to keep his ears open on anyting dats goin' on, an' dis is what he hoid:
    ==================================================
    • At this point, don't expect the Vikings to build bridges to re-sign free-agent DBs Corey Chavous and Brian Williams. Team sources anticipate Williams banking on a fine season elsewhere. Chavous isn't a true strong safety. Although the converted cornerback boosted the pass coverage, he also hurt the run defense when it needed an in-the-box enforcer. Willie Offord, a special-teams stud and sure tackler, could be auditioned for the SS job in 2006.

• With three first-round picks and NT Pat Williams on the defensive line, the Vikings' current front office considers a three-down linebacker a major need to solidify the front seven. DE Erasmus James came on strong at the end of the season, and if he gets stronger and improves his hand use, team observers believe Minnesota could have four Pro Bowl candidates up front.

• Could the Cardinals really be interested in a deal for Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper? Our sources in the Valley of the Sun believe it's possible, but only if the Vikings come to the team with a sweet deal. As the Cardinals proved in their trade talks before the season regarding RB Travis Henry, they aren't about to overpay for anybody.===============================================
    I'll keep youse mugs informed.
    three first round picks + fitzgerald and/or boldin and its a deal.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

three first round picks + fitzgerald and/or boldin and its a deal.[/quote]

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast