Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: What did Jared Allen really say?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Well since ity was posted on the internet by somenobody it must be true :

    f it is true then eventually things tend to rise to the surface, until then, it is what it is, hearsay and rumors
    Rising to the surface like JA pulling a K-Rob or something would be cream rising to the top.
    Crossing our fingers we don't have another guy turn out like that.

    First of all, I will assume this is hearsay and made up BS.

    Second, I am not going to make light of anything that might be racist, but we all know that JA says some stupid pooh at times.
    He has no problem putting his foot in his mouth.

    Third, one can assume that JA was trying to be intentional with his (so called) comments, but I think that he would say that even if he was at the club with the Williams Bros.
    They would know that the big dumb cowboy was joking about the music.

    Things can be taken out of context and twisted anyway we want them to be.
    Great point SIA.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    People say things all the time jokingly and what sucks is can be taken out of context then all of the sudden that person is a racist.

    I have no idea whether or not this happened and I wouldn't condone it if it did.
    I for one hate racism as well as when anyone even says the N word.
    I don't like it whether the person is white, black, red, purple, green or whatever.
    The fact is it still could have been taken out of context and it doesn't mean it was used as a derogatory statement.
    I can't think of a positive context for someone saying "F*** those ni**ers" and it would make for a really weird joke
    There is nothing positive about that at all.
    I don't think that is what I was saying.
    What I was refering to is I have heard African Americans say it to each other all the time and it is taken as a joke.
    Although it is rare, I've also heard caucasions say it to African Americans and it is taken jokingly because they may know each other well.
    Personally, I don't like hearing the word from anyone but it is still said and what may be a joke to some in a room may not be a joke to others in that same room.
    Does that make more sense?
    By no means was I trying to say it was positive or a joke.
    I have had people I know well say it and I ask them not to use that word around me.
    **** = F***
    and
    **** = S*** (pooh doesn't make sense)

    It was someone on PPO that put the N word in there.
    We have no idea what was said, we can only assume.
    That goes back to what I was saying, the idiot that posted that on the fan site could have at least put the end letters on the word or used the right amount of stars for the correct number of letters in the word.
    The dude left us hanging on purpose.


  2. #52
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Rumor/Hearsay: What did Jared Allen really say?

    Well, since we've established that this happened on June 5th ....

    http://www.vikings.com/NewsArticle_playgroundbuild060809.aspx

    [size=12pt]Vikings Team Up to Build Playground[/size]
    6/8/2009
    |
    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

    Vikings players and coaches have participated in several OTAs at Winter Park recently as they continue to build an effort to defend their NFC North championship in 2009. But last Friday (which would be the 5th), [size=10pt]the entire Vikings organization[/size], along with over a hundred other volunteers, participated in a different kind of organized team activity to build a more noble cause in a local community.

  3. #53
    False Elk is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4

    Re: Rumor/Hearsay: What did Jared Allen really say?

    No audio , no proof. Anyone can make this stuff up.

  4. #54
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rumor/Hearsay: What did Jared Allen really say?

    "False" wrote:
    No audio , no proof. Anyone can make this stuff up.
    Correct.

    Welcome to the boards BTW.
    Go over to the Free Beer forum and introduce yourself.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    937

    Re: Rumor/Hearsay: What did Jared Allen really say?

    I was there I saw him with my own 2 eyes me and jar head ( I
    call him that cause we are friends now) were pounding jag bombs all night long and he was running around singing with his coon skin cap on.




    No matter how bad my life gets at least I m not a Packer fan.

  6. #56
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rumor/Hearsay: What did Jared Allen really say?

    "Viking_Queen" wrote:
    I was there I saw him with my own 2 eyes me and jar head ( I
    call him that cause we are friends now) were pounding jag bombs all night long and he was running around singing with his coon skin cap on.
    LOL.
    Well, I just saw this on the internet, so it must be true. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #57
    July 4 1776 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    21

    Re: Rumor/Hearsay: What did Jared Allen really say?

    I have spent considerable time gathering facts up to completely debunk this.....lets start with OTA
    All the Vikings were at OTA and building a playground so Jared Would have had to leave Vikings Camp in order to drive to a crystal inn to get drunk.
    Despite strong support from teamates in recent years saying Jared is the only one NOT drunk at a party this could be Possible, but not probable.

    Lets further look at the fact that there is no Marcus on the grandrapids team.
    And if he was at a game what was he doing drinking at a bar the night before.
    Most games I played in the last thing my team did the previous night was get drunk.
    It seems he has only posted these posts and has only support from people with one post and the same IP adress.
    Interesting

    But probably the most important fact is that there is not a Crystal Inn in Idaho.
    Strangely enough imaginary hotel still caused an imiginary JA to drink and scream racial slurs.


    I hope this puts down all doubts about our boy JA and heres to an united 09 season with 20 sacks.
    SKOL VIKES
    AP AD

  8. #58
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909

    Re: Rumor/Hearsay: What did Jared Allen really say?

    I was less interested in the story but more interested in the comments following the story. Some of the most hateful things I have ever read on a fan site is listed in those sections. I was hoping football was the last decent place where we didn't have to bring our every day bigotries into play( both whites and blacks). It seems that the topic of race and pointing fingers for why the worlds s such a shitty place overpowers the desire to cheer for a bunch of ethicnically diverse men moving a leather ball up and down a field.

    Black people - it's not a white man's world. It belongs to no one. We are all just renting.
    White people - Historically Black colleges are open to all races.

    Good Nite all. I'm sick to my stomach.

  9. #59
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Rumor/Hearsay: What did Jared Allen really say?

    This doesn't even merit my attention.
    It doesn't merit anyone's attention.
    It's junk - manufactured either wholesale or from disjointed rumors, and posted on the FanNation forums to provoke a response.

    Shameful.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Jared Allen
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
  3. Jared Allen...
    By oldschoolmikey in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 06:10 AM
  4. Just met Jared Allen
    By Capital_J in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 06:03 PM
  5. Could i get a Jared Allen sig please????
    By dcboardr41 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 10:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •