Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,880

    Re: Rumor: Brett Farve Calls Press Confernce for 4PM

    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Retire and give up $20M..I don't think so. He won't relinquish his starting spot no matter how bad he gets, Childress will never have the balls to bench him after the full court press the team made for him. Sorry Marr, but I see no chance of anyone but Favre leading this team this year.

    $20M buys a lot of spa treatments for Deanna.
    I can still hope my friend.

    On a side note, the Chiller did try to take him out of a game last year when he wasn't doing what he was supposed to do.

    I am still holding onto that little tidbit as a ray of hope.
    Tried and failed, no cahones. Let's not go down a Childress bashing thread, he's getting plenty of that already.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    986

    Re: Rumor: Brett Farve Calls Press Confernce for 4PM

    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Retire and give up $20M..I don't think so. He won't relinquish his starting spot no matter how bad he gets, Childress will never have the balls to bench him after the full court press the team made for him. Sorry Marr, but I see no chance of anyone but Favre leading this team this year.

    $20M buys a lot of spa treatments for Deanna.
    I can still hope my friend.

    On a side note, the Chiller did try to take him out of a game last year when he wasn't doing what he was supposed to do.

    I am still holding onto that little tidbit as a ray of hope.
    There is a BIG difference between trying to take him out and a heated "stream of consciousness"
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

  3. #23
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rumor: Brett Farve Calls Press Confernce for 4PM

    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Insert picture of Marrdro on bended knee, hands folded, in deep deep concentration..........
    Wow. Just wow.
    I gotta agree. Marr admits that Favre gives us the best chance to win, but yet wants him to retire. Obviously Marr doesn't want whats best for the team, but rather what puts his hate at most peace. For a guy that is all about team team team...it's not about the player it's about the team...Yet when Favre is entered into the picture everything is different. Suddenly we're now OK with putting in Jackson even if it's not better for the team?

    What about the team Marr!?
    That's what I told him before. He doesn't post like he wants what is best for the team. I can understand not liking someone, but when that hatred for the person overcomes your desire for the team to succeed, it crosses the line. "You just crossed the line, what, you don't see the line? That's because I sold it"
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  4. #24
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Rumor: Brett Farve Calls Press Confernce for 4PM

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Insert picture of Marrdro on bended knee, hands folded, in deep deep concentration..........
    Wow. Just wow.
    I gotta agree. Marr admits that Favre gives us the best chance to win, but yet wants him to retire. Obviously Marr doesn't want whats best for the team, but rather what puts his hate at most peace. For a guy that is all about team team team...it's not about the player it's about the team...Yet when Favre is entered into the picture everything is different. Suddenly we're now OK with putting in Jackson even if it's not better for the team?

    What about the team Marr!?
    That's what I told him before. He doesn't post like he wants what is best for the team. I can understand not liking someone, but when that hatred for the person overcomes your desire for the team to succeed, it crosses the line. "You just crossed the line, what, you don't see the line? That's because I sold it"
    I disagree. I think he does. He just has a particular bias against one player. I mean i don't like Tahi. Saying we should replace him or wishing he would retire would hurt this team because a new FB won't be able to come in and contribute.

    For some people not thinking of Brett as a Pucker is impossible. Doesn't me he isn't a true blooded Vikings fan.

  5. #25
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rumor: Brett Farve Calls Press Confernce for 4PM

    kevoncox wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Insert picture of Marrdro on bended knee, hands folded, in deep deep concentration..........
    Wow. Just wow.
    I gotta agree. Marr admits that Favre gives us the best chance to win, but yet wants him to retire. Obviously Marr doesn't want whats best for the team, but rather what puts his hate at most peace. For a guy that is all about team team team...it's not about the player it's about the team...Yet when Favre is entered into the picture everything is different. Suddenly we're now OK with putting in Jackson even if it's not better for the team?

    What about the team Marr!?
    That's what I told him before. He doesn't post like he wants what is best for the team. I can understand not liking someone, but when that hatred for the person overcomes your desire for the team to succeed, it crosses the line. "You just crossed the line, what, you don't see the line? That's because I sold it"
    I disagree. I think he does. He just has a particular bias against one player. I mean i don't like Tahi. Saying we should replace him or wishing he would retire would hurt this team because a new FB won't be able to come in and contribute.

    For some people not thinking of Brett as a Pucker is impossible. Doesn't me he isn't a true blooded Vikings fan.
    That is highly debatable. I don't think it would hurt us to not have a FB.

    I think everyone (even Marr) can agree that Favre gives us the best chance to win. To want him to leave this team is wanting our team to lose talent, thus have our chances at winning games go down. It's simple logic. I don't care if he pissed everyone off for years as a Packer. Fact is, he is a Viking now and it is our duty as Viking fans to root for everyone on that is on our team. I'm not questioning anyone's loyalty to the Vikings, but you can't blame anyone if they do when they see posts like that. I think that if the players who played against Favre can get over it, fans should be able to. So then you have to ask yourself, which comes first, your hatred for Favre or your love for the Vikings? I would hope its the latter.

    And comparing Favre to Tahi is ridiculous. Actually made me LOL
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  6. #26
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Rumor: Brett Farve Calls Press Confernce for 4PM

    It's fun to pull the title of a thread from your asshole and see what it develops into. I heard that Favre is planning on running for governor of Minnesota and Jesse 'the mind' was hired as his gigolo sidekick. Nestled within that rumor is Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson are supposedly coming to the Vikings in a blockbuster trade where the KAO is going to be instantaneously converted into the FCCO (fucking crazy cat offense). Fun time to be a Viking fan.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #27
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,561

    Re: Rumor: Brett Farve Calls Press Confernce for 4PM

    Prophet wrote:
    It's fun to pull the title of a thread from your asshole and see what it develops into. I heard that Favre is planning on running for governor of Minnesota and Jesse 'the mind' was hired as his gigolo sidekick. Nestled within that rumor is Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson are supposedly coming to the Vikings in a blockbuster trade where the KAO is going to be instantaneously converted into the FCCO (fucking crazy cat offense). Fun time to be a Viking fan.
    Although that's an intriguing scenario, Prophet, are you enjoying Skinny Pirates (Captain Morgan/Diet Coke) too? :huh:

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Brett Farve to the Panthers
    By Purple Floyd in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 08:23 AM
  2. Vikings Already Inquire About Brett Farve
    By Tom2Bucs in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 03:32 AM
  3. Brett Lorenzo Favre...press conference...
    By bono in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 06:07 PM
  4. Just in, Childress talks to Brett Farve........
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 09:44 AM
  5. Brett Farve.. not the smartest man alive
    By Mr. Purple in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 07:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •