Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

Which round in draft to pick offense?

Wow, I am so excited about the draft this year! Funny thing is I never followed it before. I think the Vikes are going a long way this year!

I am pretty confident that we will get one of the follows studs in the first round (in my order of preference):
    - Will Smith (DE)
    - Udeze (DE)
    - Vilma (LB)
    - DJ Henderson (LB)
    - Odom (DE)

Most draft reports have us picking another LB or DE in the second round. This is quite understandable. Which round do you think we will pick our first offensive player in? And what position do you think they will fill? I think it will be the third and on a WR. We do have a 3rd string QB right?
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Its DJ Williams....

I'd expect us to go for a De in teh first, a LB in teh second and a guard in the third.

In the 4th - 7th round it will strictly be the BOA strategy. I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted an RB one of those rounds. But I'd say we'll go after Safeties, CBs, or a TE in one of these rounds.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

I wonder if we'll get another self-proclaimed "SOD" this year . . . he lived up to it. I hope we find a few steals in there.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

I agree with Vikeman on this one. I say the best DE/LB, depending on whats available, then hopefully pick up the other one in the second round. I'm hoping for either Will Smith and Teddy Lehman, or DJ Williams and Jason Babinm(but he probably won't make it to our second round pick). After that I think they should get an O-line, hopefully Kelly Butler out of Purdue. 4th to 7th round definitely just take best available, but hopefully that will include one more o lineman, another d line, a backup for EJ(Niko Koutouvides might be a good choice in the 5th round if he's there) and some players who can help on kick and punt coverage. I know that's hoping for alot but going by the succes our draft was last year I think they can do it.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think Minnesoat will reach for any player with the 19th pick if there main man is gone they will just choose the best player availavble, if its vernon carey or Reggie Williams i wouldn't be surprised to see them take a big WR to add to the offense they can get a good LB in the second round, tice said the draft is a solid three rounds. But weather its oline or WR or LB or whatever they will choose the best player available

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I don't think Minnesoat will reach for any player with the 19th pick if there main man is gone they will just choose the best player availavble, if its vernon carey or Reggie Williams i wouldn't be surprised to see them take a big WR to add to the offense they can get a good LB in the second round, tice said the draft is a solid three rounds. But weather its oline or WR or LB or whatever they will choose the best player available

Here is what I see happening in this years draft. I see the big 4, as I like to call them, being gone by our pick. The big 4 are will smith, udeze, DJ, and vilma(I predict the jets taking one of the LB's and the saints picking the other). I then expect us to trade down to late in the 1st round, where we will get one of 4 guys, Babin, Odom, dansby, or boulware. With this trade down, we will get another first day pick either in the 2nd or 3rd, which will come in handy. We will use our 2nd round pick on either a LB or DE, the one we don't get with our first pick. Then we will be able to use the extra pick we acquired, to either pick a guard or WR, or we could use it to trade up in a round to get a guy we want.

I also think there are a few CB's that we could get late in the 2nd, 3, or 4th round, that would be steals. I really like nathan Vasher from Texas, and Keywon ratliff from Florida. Both guys would be steals in the 3rd or 4th.

We could do alot of things, once we get a LB and DE, which makes it easy to use the BPA approach.

Big C is offline Coordinator

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but didn't we draft another LB last year (Nattiel?) besides EJ henderson?

I'm wondering if the draft will dictate if our Defense uses a 3-4 as opposed to a 4-3 this season. We already have Crockett, Claiborn and EJ. So IF we get a good LB from the draft we COULD shift in to a 3-4 to compensate for the lack of DE.

Also, who is Nick Rogers? I have seen this guys name brought up for most of last year but hardly saw him play cos he was injured or something. Isn't he a Linebacker too? Will still have Beak in the squad too right? That would be another Linebacker. Hmmm, how many Linebackers do we need?!

GO Vikings! Hoping for more SODs!!!
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

I'd be very suprised if we picked a running back at all.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

what do you all think about drafting a QB late in the draft? we need a good backup, Frerotte is getting up their in age and also doesnt want to be a backup his entire career from here on out. I was thinking maybe somebody fun in the 6th or seventh. Maybe Phillip rivers if he falls to 19. . . . ok maybe not but dont be suprised if we draft a WR if one of the elite falls to us :twisted:
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

govikings89 is offline Rookie

the way my dad is talking about the draft he thinks we could end up with Vilma and smith/udeze in the first two rounds. man if that happened we would be sitting pretty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast