Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top_Speed is offline Starter

Rosenthal was supposed to be our O-line solution this year?

What happen to our O-line?. To me they are even more of a disappointment than the so called revamped D.

All I heard last year was "wait till we get Mike back!" Mike who? must not of been Mike Rosenthal (Mike Mularkey? or maybe the 'old' intense O-line coach Mike Tice then??? Mike who??) Rosinthal is listed at 315lbs. He doesn't look it, doesn't play like it either. No wonder the Giants gave him up so easily, they knew and evaluated him well enough to say "see ya!"

Not to pick on him anymore but the rest of the O-line is shameful at best also (except for you big Mt. McKinnie) kudos goes out to him.

So are we saying this year... "wait till we get Matt back?" Birk has been a great player for us but after these (continuous) injuries I can't see him being the answer either (his knowlege and play calling can help some, yes).

How about we bring back a Matt alright, Matt Blair for some aggressive D and some major kick blocking ability? I hear he is applying some youth creme as I speak right now.

Justa-B-Wondering
    Home Sweet Dome...

Del Rio Guest

Re: Rosenthal was supposed to be our O-line solution this ye

I think Mckinne sucks personally. That's just me though.

Top_Speed is offline Starter

Re: Rosenthal was supposed to be our O-line solution this year?

Rio, I agree with you on him (last year)

this year he has been pretty solid (at least vs. the other O-lineman we have).

So what's your opinion on Rosie? L-ski? or any O-liner* any postives anywhere?

*excluding the rook.
    Home Sweet Dome...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think Mckinne sucks personally. That's just me though.

I agree.. He is too slow.. But he is as good as we got.. And probably our best lineman except Birk..

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

It wasn't, from the posts I have read, been Rosenthal that everyone wanted back, but Jimmy K. True, we did need a half decent RT last year, but Jimmy K. was the anticipated one. And Jimmy K. is as good as you get at that position (blocking T.E. or fullback, whatever you wanna call him).

The line problems are to me amazing. And just like the D, I think will be fairly short lived. The do have to jell together, both units, especially the line. But they really don't have much room to move backwards, I am thinking, make that praying they get it together....SOON!

Del Rio Guest

I don't know Top Speed. Mckinne just seems at such a disadvantage against smaller faster linemen, he get's beat too often for my liking. That's why I wish the team would run early and run often just so the big guys like him can put a helmet on someone and wear them down a bit.

That's part of the reason I think the line is at a disadvantage when we go all out pass all the time. I would love to go against a giant like BM if I knew he was dropping back to protect every play. He just looks so uncomfortable.

The other linemen, I don't know. I personally feel it is the easiest position to play OL from a technique standpoint. I also think it is one of the hardest from a scheme standpoint. Figuring out who to block is probably pretty hard. I believe that most of the issues are just what UT said they need to gel. When watching the line play I actually have thought they have been "OK," I even think there are bigger issues contributing to our loses. When you couple that with all our other problems it just adds up I think.

This week will be a great test. A good Bears defense. I think this game will tell a lot about the line. I can't disagree with you though Rosey has come up short of his potential so far.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I don't know Top Speed. Mckinne just seems at such a disadvantage against smaller faster linemen, he get's beat too often for my liking. That's why I wish the team would run early and run often just so the big guys like him can put a helmet on someone and wear them down a bit.

That's part of the reason I think the line is at a disadvantage when we go all out pass all the time. I would love to go against a giant like BM if I knew he was dropping back to protect every play. He just looks so uncomfortable.

The other linemen, I don't know. I personally feel it is the easiest position to play OL from a technique standpoint. I also think it is one of the hardest from a scheme standpoint. Figuring out who to block is probably pretty hard. I believe that most of the issues are just what UT said they need to gel. When watching the line play I actually have thought they have been "OK," I even think there are bigger issues contributing to our loses. When you couple that with all our other problems it just adds up I think.

This week will be a great test. A good Bears defense. I think this game will tell a lot about the line. I can't disagree with you though Rosey has come up short of his potential so far.

Yah I definitley agree.. He sucks against people like Peppers, Kearse, Freeney, Ogunleye, etc.. They get off the line too fast and get thier shoulder around him.. I guess they are good against everyone but he is slower then most tackles it seems like

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Freeney had 3 sacks against the best left tackle in the game (ogden) so i wouldnt really judge mckinnie's talent playing against the best players. He is having a pretty good year and definitely better than last year. Rosie is not the problem, he is holding his own on the right side and his run-blocking has been much better than goldberg last year. Its birk being out and not having a solution at rg that is killing us. birk not being in affects us in so many different packages its insane.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm getting depressed thinking about how our o-line has just gotten horrible!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mewario is offline Starter

I think McKinnie is decent in pass protection, but he gets beat to the outside too easily by speed guys, or guys with any technique.. okay, you guys are right, he sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast