BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Rosenthal signs six year extention!

I just saw this on Espn.com and it states that Mike Rosenthal has agreed to a six year contract extension worth about 15million. Mike was due to be a free agent at the end of the season. GOOD JOB RED!

:salute: :salute: :salute: :cheers: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Here is the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1879059
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Good job?!?!?

He must of really shown something this preseason, cuz he was our worst lineman last year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

?????????????

a former Giant castoff, who struggles somehat in pass protection because of limited athleticism on a Giant team starving for even decent OL help gets a 6 year extension with the Vikes?

With McKinnie anchoring the left side for the next 10 years, why not move Dorsey to the right side and at least let him compete next year and not waste the jack soooo early and seemingly panic on Rosenthal?

?????????

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Rosenthal had a great offseason and is quicker, bigger and stronger. I would trust tice in this matter since he was an offensive line coach and still works very closely with the unit even as head coach. I would be more concerned about larry allen making it through another full season without getting injured!!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Lol packux larry allen thing was funny. Dallas fan u have no idea what u are talking about so just keep the trap shut. For one thing i do believe the Giants wanted him back he is young and improving. The vikes had one of the best running games in the league last year and he was part of it. Tice knows offensive lineman like moss knows how to trash to Dallas. Tice is not stupid i like the move and was hoping he wouldnt get away from us in free agency next year.

Hey for example 2 or 3 years ago Lewinski was picked up in a similair situation from Da Bears. We signed him he showed some promise we gave him a big deal and now hes creating quite a name for hislef.

Now that mike he has a bigger contract it will help him even more he now knows they have confiedence in him and it boosts his confidence as well. He will continue to work hard and improve good job coaching staff.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

He must have done good to get uncle mikey to sign him for that long. Remember how tice is a o-line coach?? He really must have done good this offseason to get that kind of contract extension. :shock: :? Lets just hope he can live up to his expectations.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

"seekndestroy31" wrote:
    ?????????????

a former Giant castoff, who struggles somehat in pass protection because of limited athleticism on a Giant team starving for even decent OL help gets a 6 year extension with the Vikes?

With McKinnie anchoring the left side for the next 10 years, why not move Dorsey to the right side and at least let him compete next year and not waste the jack soooo early and seemingly panic on Rosenthal?

?????????
    What turnip truck did you fall off of sweat beet...SAD31 as you post STOP reaching...Relax "the BOYS" will win a few this year but NOT against the Vikes...get over it...

I am with you HV as long as we all have known RED....TICE had to be majorly impressed...RED had to be pretty dam impressed to sign that check..I bet his back side is still puckering
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Rosenthal signs six year extention!

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    I just saw this on Espn.com and it states that Mike Rosenthal has agreed to a six year contract extension worth about 15million. Mike was due to be a free agent at the end of the season. GOOD JOB RED!

:salute: :salute: :salute: :cheers: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Here is the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1879059

I don't like this move at all. Maybe let the guy play some, before giving him a 6 year extension, after his struggles last year??? He has done good in preseason, but that doesn't make him worthy of a 6 year extension. I personally think we should have waited until well into the season, before deciding if he should get an extension or not. We did draft Nat Dorsey, and I expected him to be our right tackle of the future, so now what with him? He has also played really well in preseason. Will we move him to gaurd, to take over for Dixon maybe? I hope his talent isn't wasted as a backup tackle for years.

Yes, I saw what you guys saw, that mike has looked really good at his new weight this year so far, but I still think we shold have waited until during the season, to sign him to an extension or not. But at the same time, there is one thing I trust tice in, and that is the O-line, so he probably made a good choice.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I" know there are alot of clauses in the contract, like he has to stay at 315 lbs or over. I guess we'll see if he was worth it this year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.