Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    aceclown is offline Coach

Re: Rookie Randy Moss or Rookie AD.

Randy Moss was the greatest rookie in NFL history with the greatest impact of any rookie ever.

Nuff said.

Chuch.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Imagine Moss and Ad on the same field...
    We could have had it
    :'( :'( :'(

NO safties in the box on runs. No help deep on pass plays...Lol
    I would run Double tight and 1 WR all day. Try and stop me. I dare you to help deep.

If we kept Moss we would have never been in the position to select Peterson in 07.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Bottom line

fuck Randy Moss
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    Peterson would be my choice based on his character, remember the rookie Randy Moss had Cris Carter to mentor him.
    That was a reason why the Cowboys passed on Moss, could you image Moss in his rookie year with Michael Irvin (party time)

If your building a young team and don't want distractions Peterson, if you have a veteran team with most of the other positions filled up, QB, WR, RB, oline etc in place and keep Moss focused, and the team was already a winner...you could babysit him...and take the risk..... then rookie Randy
    This would prove the point that Moss is the better pick.
    When Moss was a rookie they had all of this.
    They had well established starters and Carter babysat and mentored him.
    That team went 15-1 and was 3 points away from a perfect season and 3 points away and good coaching away from the superbowl.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    Peterson would be my choice based on his character, remember the rookie Randy Moss had Cris Carter to mentor him.
    That was a reason why the Cowboys passed on Moss, could you image Moss in his rookie year with Michael Irvin (party time)

If your building a young team and don't want distractions Peterson, if you have a veteran team with most of the other positions filled up, QB, WR, RB, oline etc in place and keep Moss focused, and the team was already a winner...you could babysit him...and take the risk..... then rookie Randy
    But Rookie Moss didn't have the "attitude probblems"
    that the later moss did.
    He had a chip on his shoulder that year, and wanted to prove he was better than he got drafted (which he certainly did)
    He didn't leave the field early, squirt water at a ref, moon the crowd, get busted with weed or bump a traffic cop his rookie year, he was out there to play.
    Get rid of the "attitude problems"
    and there should be no way the Moss doesn't get the pick.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:

that the later moss did.
    He had a chip on his shoulder that year, and wanted to prove he was better than he got drafted (which he certainly did)
    He didn't leave the field early, squirt water at a ref, moon the crowd, get busted with weed or bump a traffic cop his rookie year, he was out there to play.
    I'm not understanding your arguement, the discussion is who would you rather have on your team, not who had the better rookie season. When making the decision between the two I like to take into consideration Moss's off the field issues dating back to his college days and the ones that continued right into the pros, granted he was an easy target he definitly didn't help the situation. Peterson I don't believe has ever had any off the field issues and continues to remain humble and hard worker. I think once we really start winning the important games and Peterson has the "effect" so many fans are going to change there minds about the decision to have Moss on the team.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I think this is a tough question because both were the elite player at their position during their rookie campaign.
    Both players were incredible contributors.
    Given the choice I would likely take Moss ONLY because WR's that can set the league on it's ear are incredibly hard to find.
    Servicable RB's abound.
    Also, incredible receivers appear to have a longer NFL life-span.

Truthfully, however, the difference between going one way or the other is so small it's almost moot.
    It's like asking, "would you rather have a million dollars or a million and one dollars?"
    At the end of the day, you still have an incredible talent.

We squandered our opportunities when we had Moss.
    I certainly hope we don't repeat those mistakes with Peterson.

Caine

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:
    I think this is a tough question because both were the elite player at their position during their rookie campaign.
    Both players were incredible contributors.
    Given the choice I would likely take Moss ONLY because WR's that can set the league on it's ear are incredibly hard to find.
    Servicable RB's abound.
    Also, incredible receivers appear to have a longer NFL life-span.

Truthfully, however, the difference between going one way or the other is so small it's almost moot.
    It's like asking, "would you rather have a million dollars or a million and one dollars?"
    At the end of the day, you still have an incredible talent.

We squandered our opportunities when we had Moss.
    I certainly hope we don't repeat those mistakes with Peterson.
    Caine
    Amen!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:

that the later moss did.
    I'm not understanding your arguement, the discussion is who would you rather have on your team, not who had the better rookie season. When making the decision between the two I like to take into consideration Moss's off the field issues dating back to his college days and the ones that continued right into the pros, granted he was an easy target he definitly didn't help the situation. Peterson I don't believe has ever had any off the field issues and continues to remain humble and hard worker. I think once we really start winning the important games and Peterson has the "effect" so many fans are going to change there minds about the decision to have Moss on the team.
    I like your points but you are missing the key point of the thread.
    Rookie years.
    Not once we start winning.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456