Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Rookie Randy Moss or Rookie AD.

"Mr" wrote:
    Believe it or not everyone, I'm going to say Peterson.

Yes, not Moss.

You can build a franchise around a great running back, you can't do that with a receiver unless you have someone getting him the ball as well.
    If it's supposed to be "YOUR TEAM" , couldn't you choose any QB you want?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    There's no way of answering that fairly until you clarify what you mean by "your team".

Do you mean any team we care to assemble using any player from any team? Do you mean using current players or can we use players that no longer play the game?

I could easily go for having Jerry Rice & AD on my team as I could LT & Moss.
    LOL leave it up to singer to try to throw the wrench in the thread
    ;D

You only get to choose from those 2 sorry

"Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    There's no way of answering that fairly until you clarify what you mean by "your team".

Do you mean any team we care to assemble using any player from any team? Do you mean using current players or can we use players that no longer play the game?

;D

Wrong! You only get to chose one or the other to be on "Your team". "Your team" & the rest of the players is exactly who you want it to be by my interpretation. How are you interpreting "your team"?

It could be your all-time players team. a Madden team, a fantasy team, an all-star team, etc. It isn't specified.

He didn't ask, "Who would you rather have on the Vikings, Rookie Randy Moss or Rookie AD?" He asked, "Who would you rather have on your team, Rookie Randy Moss or Rookie AD?"

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

OK you win ;D

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Believe it or not everyone, I'm going to say Peterson.

Yes, not Moss.

You can build a franchise around a great running back, you can't do that with a receiver unless you have someone getting him the ball as well.
    If it's supposed to be "YOUR TEAM" , couldn't you choose any QB you want?
    Well the opening post said "the team" so I assume that means the current team.

tybrones87 is offline Rookie

"singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D

Wrong! You only get to chose one or the other to be on "Your team". "Your team" & the rest of the players is exactly who you want it to be by my interpretation. How are you interpreting "your team"?

It could be your all-time players team. a Madden team, a fantasy team, an all-star team, etc. It isn't specified.

He didn't ask, "Who would you rather have on the Vikings, Rookie Randy Moss or Rookie AD?" He asked, "Who would you rather have on your team, Rookie Randy Moss or Rookie AD?"
    You are over-thinking the heck out of it. Take a breath, relax and just pick one.

IMO Moss had a much more devastating rookie campaign than Peterson did. That said, I'll take Peterson all day long over moss.

"tybrones87" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D

You are over-thinking the heck out of it. Take a breath, relax and just pick one.

IMO Moss had a much more devastating rookie campaign than Peterson did. That said, I'll take Peterson all day long over moss.
    In that case I'll take Moss just so we can have the great "Moss Made T-Jack" thread discussion next offseason.
    :P

I think this conversation came up about half-way through the season.
    I'll say the same thing I think I said then.
    If AD had been able to finish the season the way he started and approached or eclipsed the 2000 yard mark and finished around 6 yards/carry, then I'd go with AD.
    But he didn't.

In the end, Moss dominated the league in a way no rookie receiver, and really no receiver, ever had.
    The Monday Night game against Green Bay was a legendary performance.
    He was the most important part of the greatest offense in NFL history, and helped take the team to the NFC Championship.

Not to say that AD won't have a better career.
    He could and I hope he does.
    But missing a couple games and slowing down at the end of the season doesn't equal Moss' rookie performance.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Rookie AD

Fuck Randy Moss
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

This is Moss by slim margin. Both made a huge impact. Moss was a bit more fun to watch.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast