Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Rookie Randy Moss or Rookie AD.

My co-worker and I were talking about this if you could choose one or the other to have on the team which one would you choose. Man that is tough for me.
    Without AD we would still have Taylor. A step down soemwhat but CT is a different style of RB. And having a player like Moss focuses the Defense on the passing game and less on the runs so CT could have a great year.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rookie Randy Moss or Rookie AD.

Rookie Randy had losts of help on that 98 team to make him look good

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

That is a tough one. But I think I'd take Moss because of how much more he stretches the field.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Moss.
    He made scoring almost too easy.

Now if I'm picking one of them for my team I go with AD.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Adrian Peterson no doubt. Randy was great but I think AP makes more of an impact on the overall game. AP gets an opportunity to carry the ball numerous times a game essentally touching the ball more than Moss. Moss was more of quick strike and the defense is back on the field. With AP we get to beat up on teams and say good luck at tackling him as the game goes.

Recently I've spent time reviewing just what AP was able to accomplish in his first year out of college. Essentially last year was supposed to be his senior year, what he's accomplished so early has displayed the ability and if he's able to maintain health he's gonna get even better. Plus with Peterson you have his concous personality, a very humble hard working kid whereas Moss would come out with statements like playing when he wants too but basically finding himself in headlines and on TV in a negative way.

IMO there really is no contest, but we as Viking fans have been very lucky, we drafted the most explosive WR in the History of the game and we now have a RB with the same opportunity but at a different position. Berring any kind of long term injuries and nags I expect AP to rewrite record books. Breaking the single game rushing record his first season is a hell of start.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

On this team? AD.

I love Moss, but I'm not convinced that we have the passing game to get as much out of moss in 2008 as we did in 98.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

There's no way of answering that fairly until you clarify what you mean by "your team".

Do you mean any team we care to assemble using any player from any team? Do you mean using current players or can we use players that no longer play the game?

I could easily go for having Jerry Rice & AD on my team as I could LT & Moss.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I read it as which had the bigger year. Randy.
    When you are a primary back you have a crap load of touches to make an impact. As a rookie Wr, the QB is not going to view you as the primary on most plays. Moss destroyed teams with his 7-10 looks a game. 17 tds is a good year you an all pro - Hall of famer. 17 tds for a rookie WR is Greek God like. Think about it, Colston is the last WR to set the league on fire and he had 8 tds his rookie year. Now imagine if he had 17.
    Randy had help i Reed, Carter and Co....but AD has the best Run Blocking line behind him(I think the Giants/Skins may be a close second) and an anemic passing game. All of these help him get more touches.
    Look at Maroney on the Pats, he is a 1500 yard back on most teams, however, he will never be use dn that manner on the Pats due to their passing game.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

In Madden, Moss

Reality, AD.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Believe it or not everyone, I'm going to say Peterson.

Yes, not Moss.

You can build a franchise around a great running back, you can't do that with a receiver unless you have someone getting him the ball as well.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast