Thread: which rookie

bdohb is offline Training Camp

which rookie

so which rookie are you looking to see the most this year. my self i hope to see good things from tyrell johnson and jaymar johnson . i hope jaymar doesnt put a sour taste in our mouth like troy w. then if tyrell johnson plays well it should just add depth to our good d. but first we need to sign these guys!!

sh01002 is offline Rookie

Re: which rookie

TRUE that
    Play in my Vikings fantasy football league!
    http://www.rotohog.com/group/nfl/joinleagues/viewleague?leagueid=9025

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I can't see Jaymar Johnson "putting a sour taste in our mouth", because very few people here actually expect big things out of him.
    TWill was a 1st round pick, with HUGE expectations as being the guy who will replace moss.
    Johnson is the opposite, came here with very few expectations, not expected to even make the team, but he's shown off he has some physical tools that may be usefull.
    I don't think he will get very much playing time at all, and he will be this years Jason Carter.

Tyrell Johnson, also will likely see limited playing time, but I am looking forward to seeing what he can do when he does get the chance.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I can't see Jaymar Johnson "putting a sour taste in our mouth", because very few people here actually expect big things out of him.
    TWill was a 1st round pick, with HUGE expectations as being the guy who will replace moss.
    Johnson is the opposite, came here with very few expectations, not expected to even make the team, but he's shown off he has some physical tools that may be usefull.
    I don't think he will get very much playing time at all, and he will be this years Jason Carter.

Tyrell Johnson, also will likely see limited playing time, but I am looking forward to seeing what he can do when he does get the chance.
    Taking the words out of my mouth.
    I've read good things about him but with the receiving core we have i'm very pleased.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

It's pretty obvious that the once we'll probably see on the field more will be Tyrell and Jaymar (if he makes the team). So those will be the once to watch.

However it'll be interesting to follow the development of the linemen also. I'm not good at evaluating DLinemen, but I'll try to keep track of Guion and see if he is the eventual replacement for Big Pat.
    Also I'll be looking for knee bends and handplacement for Sullivan whenever he hits the field. O-Linemen always develops more slowly, but there will be something to look for.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Capital_J is offline Rookie

"cogitans" wrote:
    It's pretty obvious that the once we'll probably see on the field more will be Tyrell and Jaymar (if he makes the team). So those will be the once to watch.

However it'll be interesting to follow the development of the linemen also. I'm not good at evaluating DLinemen, but I'll try to keep track of Guion and see if he is the eventual replacement for Big Pat.
    Also I'll be looking for knee bends and handplacement for Sullivan whenever he hits the field. O-Linemen always develops more slowly, but there will be something to look for.
    agreed. in the pre-season tho I'll be looking forward to seeing what JDB can do the most.
    www.capitaljscorner.com

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

i wanna see a healthy erin henderson on the field

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

KevinK is offline Starter

I would like to see, believe it or not, Center John Sullivan make the team and spend some quality preseason time at center.
    I feel he may be the man at center with Birk probably spending his last year with the team.
    He maybe the most important replacement in 2009.........

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Strangley enough, I don't expect to see much of our rookies at all this year other than in spot duties/limited rotations.

WR.
    Unless JJ really wows the coaches, I don't even see him making the 53 man roster.
    And then if he does, he will be inactive alot, just like we saw with AA last year.

DL.
    Guion is very interesting, but I don't see him getting a roster spot either.
    Probably gonna get ratholed onto the practice squad as well.
    Just not experienced enough to warrant keeping him on the 53 man roster.
    Need to keep a guy there who can be relied on to give Phat Pat some reps off.

QB.
    JDB could get some time on the field if TJ and Gus go down, but I don't see that happening, even though it did last year.
    OL will play better and that will equate to TJ staying healthier this year.

OL.
    I would still like to see Hicks let go and both Mozes and Sullivan make it along with the two Johnson boys at T but I assume that won't happen.
    My guess is Mozes will get the nod here based on his time in the system over Sullivan.

S.
    S-TJ will see more reps than anyone would be my guess.
    S have a huge role in this scheme and we seem to wear them out.
    S-TJ makes the 53 man roster and gets lots of reps with 2 INT's based on the QB's making some bad throws because of the pressure from our DL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg